A Princess is Born in Denmark!: April 21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
biboquinhas said:
Well I think it's more of a Protocol action!I don't really think they get along well outside the Protocol, we have never seen them together only on oficial acts (her wedding)!!

We can't really tell if they do or don't get along (in a sense that they dislike each other, and not merely that they're not close chums) or even that the report of Letiia calling Mary is true!. All we have are some pics of them attending each others weddings etc... we don't have much to go on.

I tend to think that they don't really know each other all that well, but I don't really think they dislike each other... I believe all these Letizia v Mary stuff is concocted in negative minds, and I don't really think we've seen any basis for it.

Congrats to the new parents and little Christian.

But is it me or is the baby a little yellow. If my memory serves me correctly, when Christian was born he too was yellow in hue and it turned out he had jaundice. I hope this time around the parents and health care workers are prepared if baby ? has jaundice too.

Because we don't have much to support our information IMO they are not friends, they just know each other in a formal way!

Akilah said:
Congrats to the new parents and little Christian.

But is it me or is the baby a little yellow. If my memory serves me correctly, when Christian was born he too was yellow in hue and it turned out he had jaundice. I hope this time around the parents and health care workers are prepared if baby ? has jaundice too.

Yes I also saw that, she looks a bit yellow, as Christian was on his firts days!:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aurora810 said:
Why should they get along? I mean who cares if they do and who cares if they don't. I've never understood why everyone talks so much about whether this person and that person get along. I guess some are interested or are trying to put these two together or put them against each other. But personally I don't think there is any bad feelings between them but why would they be close. It's not like these two families are constantly getting together. I just don't think it matters I personally think each is too busy in her own life and with her own responsiblities to really care that much about the other. Whatever protocol requires them to do when they are together then they do. But otherwise I doubt they speak and why should they.

I think you're right. The fact they're European princesses doesn't mean they need to be friends. I'm not a friend of everyone at my workplace and wasn't friend of everyone at the college. I'm am/was a chap to them but not a friend. It doesn't mean I dislike those people, but that they are not the kind of people that I'd like to be my friend. To be a friend of someone you need to share tastes, secrets, time together. Maybe that's what happens with Mary and Letizia. They like each other but not enough to be friends.

I noticed that as well. She seemed a little darker than Mary; I was expecting the pinkish hue.

I do not think that Letizia and Mary are friends, but the fact that Letizia calls her is a nice gesture wich I do not believe that it is only protocolic.I suppose that the Spanish Royal House, just as other royal houses has congratulated to the Danish couple so in such case it had not been necessary that Letizia called personally to Mary, but nevertheless she has done it.

Last edited:
When a royal child is born, it is customary for the reigning heads of other royal houses to send congratulatory messages and good wishes to the proud parents of the newborn and/or the ruling family (grandparents) although I cannot stipulate in which form these message are sent... via telephone, email, post, telegram, etc... That does not preclude other royal members from extending their own priviate wishes as well. Moreover, unless Frederik and Mary publicize the list of well-wishers, we will never know for sure who they are.

On a happier note, you can provide links to press releases or articles reporting congratulatory comments from royals. Otherwise, let's move on!

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Last edited:
Here is the link to the article MissSaga mentioned:

Princesas para Europa

Indeed it's written here that Letizia called Mary and Maxima. The article is from "La Vanguardia", which is a pretty serious newspaper, as well as its authoress, Mariangel Alcazar. Anyway, who knows...

Miss Saga, I think the pictures of the newborn prince Christian was taken on the same day he was taken home from hospital.
Not sure why there aren't any yet of the new princess; perhaps big brother needs to get a bit more acquainted with his new sister before photos of the entire family is taken?:)

The photos of christian were taken same day he came home from hospital and released the next day or same day-
I'am sure they'll do it..i'am just impatient:wub:

I also have many desire of which the family photographs itself again in house, I am sure that they are going to be the pretty photos but of the world :lol: :ROFLMAO: :wub:

I think the baby seems too premature. Maybe they are waiting for her to look a little bigger and stronger.

Roxsteve said:
I think the baby seems too premature. Maybe they are waiting for her to look a little bigger and stronger.

I don't think the baby seems premature. And the weight that was reported of the new baby is consistent with that of an average newborn. Also the weight of the baby is just slightly less than Christian when he was born. So I don't believe the baby was premature.

Has there been any confirmation that they plan on releasing pics like they did last time with Christian? Not to my knowledge but I could be wrong. Maybe they will not do things exactly the same as they did with Christian's birth, maybe they want to wait longer this time, who knows? Well I hope we get more family pics but I respect them if they decide not to show us more of the little one for awhile.

In general, we are able to see a glimpse of the Princely newborns when they parents are leaving the hospital... But this was not the case...:bang:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
In general, we are able to see a glimpse of the Princely newborns when they parents are leaving the hospital... But this was not the case...:bang:

Vanesa.

I'm confused are you saying you have not seen any of the pics of Fred and Mary taking the little princess home or are you saying something else. Well if you have not seen any pics of the new little one and the family go to the link below and there your eyes will be able to feast on many pics, along with pics there are also video clips from all over the place at the DRW.:)

Danish Royal Watchers

Last edited:
There was a report published in Australia from Mary's obstetrician who said that a baby born 2 weeks either side of a 'due' date was an 'on-time' baby. Indeed, the baby's weight seems to be within a perfectly normal range.

Also, the hospital would not have let the little princess leave if she were yellow or jaundice was suspected. She was given a score of 10/10, i.e. absolutely nothing wrong with her, CP Frederik specifically said. I believe him.

I read she weighed over seven pounds that's perfect I think she was born in a safe time frame:) -can't wait to hear the name:wacko:

Roxsteve said:
She weighed more than my firstborn - who was 11 days past the due date :)

thanks for the video is fantastic!!!
The little princess is so cutieeeee

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:

I think if the baby was too premature, she wouldn't have left the hospital two days after she was born.

alex001 said:

THANKS A LOT, very nice video.

She is sooooo small, so cute.

She seems having the same yellow color that Christian when he was born. I'm sure that she will become as nice and kind than him (I loooove Christian, he is a wonderfull little boy)

It's great that you have given birth to a new princess Fred and Mary. Christian will have many fond memories to come. I'm simply happy and overjoyed that you are blessed yet again with a child. There really is no greater joy than to raise children. Have a good time helping lead the world and touching our minds and hearts through a grand exemplary. The many photos of your daughter are endearing. Please do let us know when you've chosen her name. Congratulations. Bless you.

I don't think she is premature or that she is too small, we can see by the photos and trhourgh the videos that she is all rigth! But I really think that she is a bit yellow yes! That has happen with Christian too, a few days later after he came home, so this can happen also with his sister! I also thinj that this Royal couple is simply amazing by showing us the their little one so soon and so many times!! I think they are waiting for her to be a little more stron to show us some pictures and I really think I prefer that way because then we can see the little Princess muccht better!

biboquinhas said:
I also thinj that this Royal couple is simply amazing by showing us the their little one so soon and so many times!!

what do you mean by so many times? as far as i know they only showed the baby girl when they left the hospital. i don't want to be negative, but i think some other couples - like mette marit and haakon with sverre (releasing their intimate photos first and then releasing official ones) or maxima and willem with ariane (releasing private pictures, posing for the press and releasing an official one) have done really well in terms of stopping photographers obsession for information and pictures after a birth. posing when leaving the hospital is nothing else but a consideration towards the press, as we probably won't see her again until her christening.

That tapeworm hurts then that we do not see I to it desire is a very beautiful girl and we are going away to be with the desire. But we will wait for the time that makes lack.
To Sverre if they presented/displayed it in house..

Last edited:
congratulation for Denmark Royal Family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom