The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Stylists? - Yes.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown princess Victoria's stylist has from 2008 been Tina Törnqvist, who works as her chambermaid at the royal court. Tina is 56 years old and mother of three daughters.
Tina is often seen at the VIP-events in Stockholm, often with court florist Claes Carlsson or PR-organizer Micael Bindefeld.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 03-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

I think stylists are fine for certain times and events. Like when Victoria was engaged she has never looked more beautiful . I do however like the royals who have their own distinct style like maxima she know herself and wears what makes her happy and she feels good in. I think Kate has her own style and sticks to it no trying every trend that comes out .
Old 03-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I also think it is fine that royals have stylists. I, for one, would need a stylist if I were a royal. They can afford help in anything, so a helping hand for a neat and elegant look that can flatter one's body type is certainly an important feature for royals.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Queen Rania has a stylist. Letizia doesn't have a stylist. I'm not certain abotu any of the others.
letizia has a stylist now, i am not sure if she did when she started. her name is Eva Fernández and she worked for magazines vogue and cosmopolitan in the past.

Eva Fernández, la estilista que ha fichado la Reina Letizia | loc | EL MUNDO

she also has a hairdresser, Luz Valero, although it is unclear if she just 'cuts her hair' or she also styles it everyday or when she goes on trips.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the information. What about the Young Royals like the Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Princesses of York, Duchess Catherine? do they have stylists?. And Besides, does a Royal Stylist need to have a degree in Fashion designing?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Thank you for the information. What about the Young Royals like the Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Princesses of York, Duchess Catherine? do they have stylists?. And Besides, does a Royal Stylist need to have a degree in Fashion designing?
i believe that beatrice hired a fashion stylist a couple of years ago, her clothing improved significantly. her name, from google searches, is Charlie Anderson.

as for kate, i believe she has a lady who helps her with the organization of her wardrobe and ordering clothes in, Natasha Archer, but as far as we know kate chooses what to wear herself. Natasha Archer is just there to order potential clothes and give suggestions, and then kate decided and natasha resends whatever is not needed. so she is a semi-stylist, but does not tell kate what to wear.

regarding their background, i think a degree in fashion design would probably help, although i guess their main characteristic is that they know the fashion industry well, i do not think there is a set path to becoming a royal stylist. they seem to come from a variety of backgrounds in that industry.
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Thank you Carlota!.

Do The Royals have any protocol or rules for their fashion?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Being a stylist requires a very nebulous sort of skill set. Someone "qualified" that can pick and follow the trends may very well be absolutely of no use whatsoever if their client is not shaped like a model.

The knowledge of their client and the various types of events she will be required to dress for is essential, as are the dictates of socially acceptable standards. My niece can pick a limp rag off a rack and when it is tried on it is brilliant, yet never would I have given it a second glance. Not surprisingly she is our default "stylist".

You only have to look at QEII stylist who started out as her dresser. Over the years, she has got to know her, her likes and dislikes, what works for her and what doesn't, and what accessories she wants and needs.

Finding that sort of person for a younger royal is very much harder I think because it requires them to totally subjugate their own personal likes and dislikes and concentrate only on what's best for their client. Often when you see a royal wearing something that you know you should like because it ticks almost all the boxes, but you don't. And the reason you don't is that the box it didn't tick is the wearer. It is not their style, not the type of ensemble you see them in and they don't look very comfortable.

Diana, strangely enough, had pretty much a free hand from the outset. HM sent her someone to advise, Diana sent her back. People forget that the ghastly aqua polka dot tent with a big collar that she wore when she left the hospital after the birth of William, was actually on trend for that social strata. The fact that it was the 80's explains the rest!
Old 07-14-2016, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Diana, strangely enough, had pretty much a free hand from the outset. HM sent her someone to advise, Diana sent her back. People forget that the ghastly aqua polka dot tent with a big collar that she wore when she left the hospital after the birth of William, was actually on trend for that social strata. The fact that it was the 80's explains the rest!
thanks for the reality check - i would never have thought that something so hideous was in trend ever! :)
Old 07-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I think a stylist, in addition to just general fashion suggestions can be of immeasurable help in pushing the comfortable boundary and using imagination just a bit. Things like "try this color" or "look at this updo" or "here's a new way to use a brooch" really can enhance an outlook on fashion if not any given look.
And clearly every European Royal stylist got the memo about 50s gathered skirt shirt-dresses for this summer!