The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus

That's great work, LadyK!
I love Paola's dress on Beatrix and Sofia's on MT!

Actually I had a similar idea some weeks ago, when I made a photoshop of Beatrix wearing the weddingdress of Sonja. (scanpix)...
( don't mind the wrong bride groom )

Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah, Beatrix and Harald would have made a rather cute couple to (though Margriet and Harald would have been a dream match to). Thanks HM! And thanks to Lady K to, great pictures!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Gentry

how do you photo shop?

can someone tell me how you photo shop?

it looks really fun.

tara
Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Moderator Emeritus

buy photoshop, and just play around with it. If you have a decent internet connection, adobe had a wonderful website: Adobe, and it has great video tutorials that you can use side-by-side as you practice along. If you need help, though, I'd be more than happy to help you, just PM me.

Other than that, you just need images and creativity- and an imaging account to post your results! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Mette's weddingdress

Märtha-Louise wearing Mette-Marit's weddingdress

Märtha- Weddingdress

(picture: Scanpix)

I think this dress would look great on everyone! But it looks fantastic on ML, doesn't it?

2 more

Máxima with Mary's dress
Maxima

Mary with Mette-Marit's dress
Mary

pictures: Polfoto, scanpix

Old 03-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
2 more

Máxima with Mary's dress
Maxima

Mary

Not a good look for either ladies.

Maxima looks overwhelmed and Mary looks, I don't know... yes, pathetic and insipid,
Old 03-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Märtha-Louise wearing Mette-Marit's weddingdress

Märtha- Weddingdress

(picture: Scanpix)

I think this dress would look great on everyone! But it looks fantastic on ML, doesn't it?

2 more

Mary

You're right HM, this dress would look good on everybody! It looks great on ML and on Mary too. Great work!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Serene Highness

I think Maxima and Mary look good in those dresses, esp. Mary.

You all are so good at photoshopping!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Mary with Letizia's Galadress (worn for the Danish pre-Wedding celebrations)
Mary

Letizia with Mary's pink-black galadress (worn in Australia)
Letizia

Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Her_Majesty- I feel like Mary's ruby parure should clash with Letizia's heavily-embroidered Caprile top, but somehow, it doesn't? In a way, it makes it a little less..overpowering? Anyone get what I mean?

Old 03-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Courtier

I don't think Letizia has ever worn a hat to any function. I say she'd look good in any hat. O.k. not just any style of hat. But I do think she'd look devine and also wearing aigrettes, is that what their called? The head peices that Mette-Marit favors...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Moderator Emeritus

What do you think about this? - Queen Sonja trying out her daughter's hairstyle
Queen Sonja
(Knudsens Fotosenter)

Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus

actually, it's not bad! Looks a little like she is trying to hard to be young, but other than that, it's really flattering!

Old 04-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Hi

I have never participated in this thread in particular, even though I do like the experiments people have been doing I have found them all of them very interesting

So I wanted to add something I have done and also initiate some talk about it. One of the things I don´t like about some of the dresses Letizia has worn in past is that some of them do have contrasting colours and I think it would be a good idea to actually for them to have some kind of harmonious scheme. I mean by that, that the contrasting colours tend to cut her visually and in the photos she appears with Felipe, she actually look tiny. So I decided to make some experiments with a couple of her dresses in that issues.

The first one is an experiment with the dress she wore in the concert the day before the wedding in Denmark. In my opinion the skirt would look better in some kind of blue, but I have prepared some more colours to discussed if you wished

This is the first one

This is the second one

My prefer colours for that skirt are this blue one and this other blue

Also I have made a little experiment with the green Caprile dress so as to see how would have look in another colour

Green Caprile dress Photoshoped
Old 04-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777
Hi

I have never participated in this thread in particular, even though I do like the experiments people have been doing I have found them all of them very interesting

So I wanted to add something I have done and also initiate some talk about it. One of the things I don´t like about some of the dresses Letizia has worn in past is that some of them do have contrasting colours and I think it would be a good idea to actually for them to have some kind of harmonious scheme. I mean by that, that the contrasting colours tend to cut her visually and in the photos she appears with Felipe, she actually look tiny. So I decided to make some experiments with a couple of her dresses in that issues.

The first one is an experiment with the dress she wore in the concert the day before the wedding in Denmark. In my opinion the skirt would look better in some kind of blue, but I have prepared some more colours to discussed if you wished

This is the first one

This is the second one

My prefer colours for that skirt are this blue one and this other blue

Also I have made a little experiment with the green Caprile dress so as to see how would have look in another colour

Green Caprile dress Photoshoped
Great work Olga7777
Old 04-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

great great fun this thread everyone

especially love the wedding switcharoos lol

Mathilde looked incredible in Letizia's dress
Mary should have borrowed Maxima's dress for her own wedding it looks like, lol
I always thought Mary's wedding gown was from the waist down, nothing short of disappointing, but not on Mette Marit!! Who knew?!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

I'm so bad at photoshopping - but if I weren't I'd photoship Mary on Alexandra's most recent wedding dress. Bet she'd look great!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Don't worry about being bad at photoshop- what matters is that you're trying!
I'm sure you have good and creative ideas that others haven't! I'm always happy to see anyone posting- no one will critique your exact craft. Believe me- I'm my own worst critic.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I found new dresses for the royal ladies to wear. Some of them were recommended by other members on the "gowns fit for royals" thread, and I'll give them credit.

I found this lovely black and white dress, with a fabulous soft shear train that starts from over the shoulder, but it was so lovely I couldn't decide who looks best in it- Mary, Maxima, or Mathilde?
Mary is so stylish and wears clothes well- she would appreciate the uniqueness.
Maxima has a strong and vibrant personality, not one to wear solemn black full length to a gala event, but the pop of the black and white, setting off her tan skin and blonde hair would make it work for her. The diagonal striping of the bias is very flattering to curves.
Mathilde is naturally elegant. This dress, which would be fashionable and couture on Mary, popping and energetic on Maxima, would look classic on Mathilde. The simple black and white would be elegant.

Anyone have any opinions who it looks best on?

Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary, I would say. She has the look of a more classic beauty, where as Maxima and Mathilde are more unique in their beauty. So something like a black column dress with a shoulder train, would probably look better on someone like her. You could always photoshop it on all 3 and let us choose based on the photos who looks best.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "