Fashion Suggestions for the Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenny Packham Resort 2014

Green chiffon dress - Lovely style of dress and quite simple. I would suggest closing the front so its not too revealing. The Duchess would look nice in this with hair pulled up and with long pair of earrings. This is also available in a coral colour which would also looked amazing!
Knot dress - Elegant style and with her slender body she would pull this off nicely. The embellishments like a necklace add a lot to the dress.
Green beaded dress - Lovely colour, embroidery on lace or tulle and the cut is flattering. Hair all up and simple jewellery to complete the look.

Erdem Resort 2014

Jacket and dress - The jacket is wearable with a simple skirt or over a dress. The dress is wearable with a plain jacket or even a coat or even alone for a cocktail.

Collette Dinnigan Resort 2014

Yellow dress - Lovely shade of yellow and a great fit. Would be an ideal choice for her for her Australian tour next year.
Lace evening dress - Simple fit and the belt is lovely. I don't mind if hair is open but all pulled back.

Great call on the green beaded dress and the lace evening dress. Those would look lovely on the Duchess.

Alexander McQueen Resort 2015

Suit - Great suit and a lovely cut. Elegant for the Duchess and would look lovely with a headpiece. I don't mind if the red stripes where another colour.
Skirt and top - Lovely colours and a great style for her tall body. This would look great with a matching jacket or coat.
Dress - Young and stylish dress.
Coat - Elegant and different. Great to be worn over a matching dress or a solid coloured dress.

Erdem 2014

White lace dress - Lovely dress to be worn to any official reception. Great with a coat or not, Kate would look great with hair open and earrings.
Black lace dress - Hair pulled all up and simple black heels, this would be very elegant.
Printed dress - Great print and colours for any season. Would look lovely with a boxy jacket.

Tory Burch Pre Fall 2014

Outfit - Great for winter!
White outfit - Kate could easily match a camel coloured coat or trench coat and look great!

Rebecca Taylor Fall 2014

Coat - Lovely shade and a great colour for Kate. This could be worn with many things.
Dress - Lovely white dress and a colour Kate wears very well. Would look great with her trade mark wedges and open hair.

Rebecca Taylor Resort 2015

Printed dress - Simple printed dress which can be dressed up or down. Would look great with a skinny belt and simple pumps or sandals.

Gucci Resort 2015

Printed dress and matching coat - Both are great colours and great styles for Kate. They can be worn alone or together or easily matched with anything else.

Temperley London Fall 2014

Outfit - Would add just enough colour to an evening look. Would look great with hair open or up and simple pumps.

Temperley London Resort 2015

Trench coat - Lovely colours and a lovely print, would look nice with a simple dress underneath for spring/summer.

Last edited:
Burberry Fall 2014

A few choices that are great for her now as she expecting. Would look amazing! I would just close any slits in the dresses.
Dress
Dress
Printed dress
Printed dress

Tory Burch

Lace top - Lovely for Catherine with a skirt and a matching jacket.

Matthew Williamson

Coat - Lovely coat for while she is pregnant or later. Would looks nice with a hat as well.

Last edited:
Fashion Suggestions for the Duchess of Cambridge

Bit harsh....
All dazzlings choices are lovely.

... [snipped]
Gucci Resort 2015

Printed dress and matching coat - Both are great colours and great styles for Kate. They can be worn alone or together or easily matched with anything else. .... [snipped]
dazzling,
These items are amazing. The dress is smart and well-tailored.

My suggestion is Victoria Beckham*|*Asymmetric crepe midi dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

This dress is simple and elegant. It is made by the British brand and can be recycled with various jackets.

Last edited:
Reiss

Lace blue dress - Lovely with nude or black pumps with a simple clutch for any event
Black dress with blue lace - Pretty dress for Kate for an evening event. Simple hair do and earrings would complete the look
Orange dress - Would be lovely matched with a tan jacket or coat (burberry style)
Red dress - Knitted dress ideal for the cooler months and would look great now while she is expecting
Necklace - Lovely for a daytime event or a casual event matched with a plain blouse
Red coat - Lovely coat and a great color
Jacket - Great tweed jacket with an edgy cut
Red dress - Great with a pendent and earrings with her usual hair style
Dress - Simple dress ideal for any daytime event. Would look great with a boxy jacket
Red dress - Lovely for Catherine. This just need a nice hairstyle or hair half pulled back with simple black pumps
Top - Great color and would make a lovely pregnancy top matched with a plain black flared skirt
Top - Lovely with a plain black skirt or black pants for a casual event
Black skirt
Lace skirt - Easy to wear. For a daytime event she could match this with a nude top and for an evening even she could match it with nude top or a black sheer top

So Catherine is on her way to the United States soon, maybe she will wear an American designer. Here are what I would suggest for the trip

Oscar de la Renta Pre Fall 2014

White and black dress - Great dress for an evening event
Printed skirt and knitted top - Lovely color for Catherine and easily matched with a black coat
Purple coat - Catherine would lovely in this.The lace on the sides are elegant. This could be dressed up or down

Oscar de la Renta Fall 2014

Jacket - Lovely jacket and dressy
Polka dot dress - Lovely dress with hair open or pulled up
Halter neck dress - Pretty and simple
Dress - Lovely for early stages of pregnancy. The color is great and this would be nice with hair all up and statement earrings
Skirt - Longer lining and this would be easily matched with any top
Clutch - Great for any evening event

Oscar de la Renta Resort 2015

Black lace dress - Lovely for Catherine with hair all pulled back and a thin belt

Last edited:
Lela Rose Fall 2014

Evening gown - I like the shorter front and the longer back with a loose skirt cut. The color and cut would look great on the Duchess. A nice pendent necklace and earrings would complete it
Gown - This would be lovely especially if she is pregnant. It would show off her bump nicely. This needs a simple updo hairstyle
Cocktail dress - Strong color which she can pull off. Would look great and simple with black pumps and a black clutch
Outfit - Such a young and modern look for a royal

Lela Rose Resort 2015

Lace dress and top - Lovely outfit and easily matched with black pumps and a black clutch
Dress - Elegant for any event. Would look great with a nice jacket for a daytime event
Black evening gown - Lovely fit which would be great for the Duchess

Lela Rose Fall 2014

Evening gown - I like the shorter front and the longer back with a loose skirt cut. The color and cut would look great on the Duchess. A nice pendent necklace and earrings would complete it
Gown - This would be lovely especially if she is pregnant. It would show off her bump nicely. This needs a simple updo hairstyle
Cocktail dress - Strong color which she can pull off. Would look great and simple with black pumps and a black clutch
Outfit - Such a young and modern look for a royal

Lela Rose Resort 2015

Lace dress and top - Lovely outfit and easily matched with black pumps and a black clutch
Dress - Elegant for any event. Would look great with a nice jacket for a daytime event
Black evening gown - Lovely fit which would be great for the Duchess

I looked up Lela Rose. Many lovely dresses.

I looked up Lela Rose. Many lovely dresses.

:previous:
Lela Rose has some lovely pieces. Catherine wore one of her dresses during the Australian tour in 2014 :)

LK Bennett Resort 2015

Grey coat - Great style for any event. Can be dressed down or up.
Printed dress - Lovely layered printed dress and a great color for the spring and summer. Could be worn with this jacket and these strappy sandals
Lace dress - Elegant enough for a daytime or evening event. Would look great with a simple hair do or hair pulled back and nude pumps.
Printed coat - Lovely printed coat and a great color. Would look great on The Duchess for a daytime event matched with a solid white or blue dress.
Coat - A wonderful shade for the duchess and elegant for any official event. Black pumps and black clutch is all that is needed to complete this look.
Printed top - Great if matched with a black or white skirt and a skinny belt. This is such an easy top to wear even with pants.

Here are some of the outfits she has worn once that I hope she will wear again:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Last edited:
Why drab Kate's no match for stylish Di, by top female author: Margaret Atwood dismisses Duchess as 'uneventful' dresser who is told what to wear by advisers-
Kate Middleton no match for stylish Diana | Daily Mail Online

Lol- the chances of Margaret Atwood jumping into the fray as a shallow fashion critic are so laughably small.

This sounds like the Hillary Mantel thing all over again- daily fail taking a nuanced comment by a woman academic and turning it into a cat fight

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

DVF

Yellow printed dress - Lovely color and a nice color I would say for the Duchess. I also think the print is very pretty. This would be a perfect dress for watching a polo match during late spring/summer.
Printed dress - Lovely colors and a lovely print. The tie on the side is very pretty and adds to the dress. The look would be completed with simply pumps or sandals.
Dress - This is a very pretty dress for a private party.
Wrap dress - Kate has worn such styles in the past and they do suit her very well.
Maxi dress - Great dress for an evening or a private party or even for a day out. This can easily be dressed down or up.
Dress - These styles of dresses are very flattering on the Duchess. This would look great, the print and color would suit her well.

Jenny Packham Spring 2015

Dress - Lovely color, great fitting style and elegant for an evening event. Its a dressy dress which would look good with diamond earrings, bangle and starppy sandal heels.
Dress - Interesting and different, this would looks so good on the Duchess. Hair all pulled up for the embellishments to show and the look is completed IMO.
Dress - Great strong color which I would like to see on the Duchess from time to time, especially during spring/summer. The style is young and elegant. I think this would look good with a hat.
Cocktail dress - Soft curls or hair pulled up, this is a perfect cocktail dress. The look can be easily matched with simple starppy heels.
Evening dress - This would look good in any color, simple yet elegant and simple look for an evening event.

Jenny Packham Pre Fall 2015

Two toned dress - This would be very interesting choice for the Duchess and I thin it could look very nice. The slit is pretty elegant IMO and the color combination is strong but matches great.
Black dress - The neckline should be closed a bit more but other than that this is a perfect dress for any evening event. It just needs statement earrings and a nice hairstyle.
Evening dress - Not too fond of the embellishment belt which I am sure the designer can easily change. The style of the dress is lovely and very dressy yet very simple.

Random Spring/Summer pieces

Erdem black dress - Lovely black dress and a think the length is great. Would suit the Duchess really well.
Burberry London trench coat - Great color for any season. Would look percent match with a solid or printed dress, a skirt and a top or event pants. This is a great piece especially since it's not the typical camel color trench.
Preen by Thornton Bregazzi skirt - Lovely lace combinations and the fake tie looks great. The Duchess could easily wear this to any event.
Alexander McQueen white dress - Lovely dress and would look great on the Duchess.

Alexander McQueen printed dress - Great dress and lovely colors. Would look good with a jacket or a coat. This Alexander McQueen jacket would look good with it.
Alexander McQueen dress - Would look great on Kate especially as she wears these color well. This dress would look good matched with a white or camel coat and even a hat.

Temperley jacket - Love the style and this would look good over a dress.
Temperley red dress - I would love to see such a color on the Duchess. Hair left open or pulled up, this would look great with ruby or diamond earrings.
Temperley navy dress - Great for a daytime event which is not to formal.
Temperley evening dress - Lovely color and a lovely dress. Hair should be pulled up and earrings will complete the look.

Last edited:
Libelula

Dress - I think the look is pretty and it looks like it's a two piece. Would be great with a boxy jacket or a black coat.
Summery dress - Soft shade and a lovely print. Easily worn to a private or casual event like a polo game.
Dress - Great shad of blue on Catherine. The soft fabric would fall well.

Beulah London

Green evening dress - A lovely shade of green and a simple cut. The Duchess can easily pull this off with simple diamond earrings, hair loose and black pumps with a matching clutch or even gold.
Dress - Neutral shade and a dress that can be easily worn to any daytime event.
Jacket and matching dress - A pale color which looks good on The Duchess, the style is lovely and this look would be completed with sandal wedges or pumps depending on the event. To dress this look up, I would add a brooch or a chunky necklace.

Last edited:
ROKSANDA Spring 2015

Cocktail dress - Lovely dress for the Duchess and has a nice flare that will flatter her.
Dress - Lovely dress for a daytime event or an early evening event. Matched with black or green pumps and hair open, this would be a lovely look.
Dress - A great dress and the black detail and ruffles is very pretty and adds a lot to the dress. Hair in a soft bun or a simply up-do and The Duchess is ready for the event.
Orange with pink dress - Amazing color combinations and these are color I would like to see on the Duchess.

ROKSANDA

Dress - Lovely colours for the Duchess and a nice cut.
Strapless dress - I'd love to see this style on the Duchess. I think the inserts of colour adds a nice touch to the dress.
Cocktail dress - I'd love to see these shades on Catherine, they are very pretty together and I love the style.

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG

Printed dress - Cant go wrong with the print, colors or style.
Green dress - Such a lovely colors for all seasons.

ERDEM

Summer dress - Perfect summer dress, lovely print and colours. This would be easily matched with a jacket or cardigan.

Prabal Gurung Pre Fall 2015

Evening dress - Pretty fit and this could look great on The Duchess.
Outfit - Great combination of jacket and dress. Each piece could be worn separately.

Last edited:
Jenny Packham Resort 2016

Orange dress - I wouldn't mind seeing such a colour on The Duchess. Hair all up and starppy heels, this would look amazing!
Cocktail dress - This or a different colour would look good, the style would suit The Duchesses figure well.
Cocktail dress - This would look great in any colour, hair open or pulled back.
Long gown - Lovely dress and a nice colour for the evening.
Evening dress - Not much is needed to look good in this dress. Chandelier earrings and the right hair style, Perfect evening look for Catherine.
Skirt and top - Simple yet lovely.

Goat

Coat with matching dress - Lovely pieces and great colours. They can be worn together or separately. This would be a great outfit to be worn with a hat.

Last edited:
LK Bennett

Orange dress - Nice for any season IMO and this is a nice color for Catherine. Hair open or up and simple pumps in nude. A belt would also look nice or even a hat.
Cocktail dress - Great print and a lovely flare to the dress. Ideal for an evening event with hair pulled back or up. This dress would look great with these bright pumps.
Outfit - Light material and a lovely color for Catherine. Ideal for spring/summer. Hair in a pony tail and this or this pumps would look very nice.
Jacket - Catherine has the figure to wear something so slim fit IMO.

I would love her to have more individual pieces. Wear more skirts, since the BRF very rarely wears trousers. I would love her to have some classic pieces she can mix and match with different pieces and accessories. When she recycles it is a big thing because it is so noticeable as it is an entire look. She needs some coats, skirts and items she can mix and match.

Walkely black skirt-structured with a little detail. Could be worn with a multitude of different tops, jackets, accessories to change up look
Nouveaux Black Sculpted Lace Skirt | Amanda Wakeley

top like this paired with it easily. the shirt could be worn with other bottoms. Accessories or a coat could add to the look
Cronado Mercury Silk Shirt | Amanda Wakeley

Love her to have a burberry coat. Not to always wear coat dresses but an out fit with separate coat. She does but not very often.

Either a classic trench that could be paired with more patterned outfits
https://ca.burberry.com/silk-trench-coat-with-topstitch-detail-p40279391

Or something with more detail that could add some interest to a basic neutral look
https://ca.burberry.com/tie-dye-silk-trench-coat-p40155831

Others:

This a bit longer would be an interesting cocktail look for her
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/561683384758697666/

I even like how this is styled if she was to wear trousers, could work with a pencil skirt as well. Something sleek. Military look she likes without overboard
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/170362798375865469/

In her trip to France, I hope Kate will wear French designers like Chanel and Dior.

In her trip to France, I hope Kate will wear French designers like Chanel and Dior.

I think she might get criticized if she did that; she is supposed to promote British designers.

I'm happy Kate wore Chanel dress in France. Too me, its not a bad thing that she wears non British designers sometimes.

Last edited:
Some nice choices for Catherine Lumutqueen

Here are outfits by Roksanda with Catherine own hats. Would love these looks, young and fresh.

Look 1 - Dress and Hat

Look 2 - Skirt and top ** Hat

I loved look 2, would look good with a matching jacket (not suit type).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom