The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2017, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

I think the Romanovs have to be the only dethroned family that is still arguing over succession issues. Rostislav is considered the Head of the House of Romanov by everyone but Maria and Georgi.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm pretty sure the French are doing it too.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

First of all, Rostislav is not even the head of the Romanov Family Association, so I don't see how he is the head of the house. And I'm pretty sure the only people that support the RFA's line is the RFA and a small band of supporters. Maria has the support of the Russian Orthodox Church, most likely the Russian government and other royal families.

Other royal families fighting over succession include the Georgians, French, as aforementioned, Italians, Spanish(Carlists, more one-sided), Bourbon-Sicilians, and Brazilians.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

I've always wondered why so many people want the headship of the House of Romanov; I'm surprised really at how much infighting these dethroned families are engaged in. It's unreal.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Serene Highness

Well, there would be a lot of prestige to gain from becoming an emperor or empress. Even within a constitutional monarchy. So I don't blame them.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd take anyone but Maria. As long as she's still around I say no to restoration.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I'd take anyone but Maria. As long as she's still around I say no to restoration.
This might be a stupid question, but what is so bad about Maria?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Gentry

Honestly I'd say forget about Grand Duchess Maria right now because she isn't really the biggest obstacle when it comes to the possibility of restoration, right now the two biggest obstacles are Vladimir Putin and the Russians that still adhere to the old Soviet/Republican ideology who are decreasing in numbers now but still.

-Frozen Royalist
Old 11-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna View Post
This might be a stupid question, but what is so bad about Maria?
Oh,oh no,not a stupid question at all...Oh well,neither one of us here at the forum has time of life enough to explain that...

And,NO restoration with the lady from Madrid NOR her son.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Oh,oh no,not a stupid question at all...Oh well,neither one of us here at the forum has time of life enough to explain that...

And,NO restoration with the lady from Madrid NOR her son.

Is there any alternative for Maria Vladimirovna?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Gentry

Other Alternatives to the Russian Throne Besides Maria Vladimirovna

What about Prince Karl Emich of Leiningen or Prince Andrew Andreyevich Romanov? I understand they're aren't exactly popular but they are part of the line of succession to the former Russian Throne.

-Frozen Royalist

P.S. I'm not saying I'm a supporter of those two, I'm a supporter of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna despite what impression my previous comment may have given, but I am addressing those two because of what Duc_et_Pair said.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Majesty

I doubt that Russians would like to have a foreigner as a Tsar. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and her son are disliked by large public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Royalist View Post
Honestly I'd say forget about Grand Duchess Maria right now because she isn't really the biggest obstacle when it comes to the possibility of restoration, right now the two biggest obstacles are Vladimir Putin and the Russians that still adhere to the old Soviet/Republican ideology who are decreasing in numbers now but still ... [snipped]
Unlike the Romanovs, the Soviet Republicans in question did do amazing things for people. They did build the Empire the Romanovs wanted to have.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:59 PM
Gentry

Okay so maybe a new dynasty deemed appropriate by the Russian Orthodox Church then, considering how hard it'd be its looking increasingly like the monarchist's only option if they ever want to see a Tsar in Russia again.

-Frozen Royalist
Old 11-17-2017, 03:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
[...]

Unlike the Romanovs, the Soviet Republicans in question did do amazing things for people. They did build the Empire the Romanovs wanted to have.
Funny. I have a total opposite view. The Soviets actually destroyed the gigantic Empire the Romanovs build... Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, name them all, were part of the Tsarist Empire.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Royalist View Post
What about Prince Karl Emich of Leiningen or Prince Andrew Andreyevich Romanov? I understand they're aren't exactly popular but they are part of the line of succession to the former Russian Throne.

-Frozen Royalist

P.S. I'm not saying I'm a supporter of those two, I'm a supporter of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna despite what impression my previous comment may have given, but I am addressing those two because of what Duc_et_Pair said.
I can not see how Prince Karl Emich zu Leiningen can have a better claim as Maria Vladimirovna (he and she share the same grandfather) is the most senior agnate, and let that precizely be the way the succession works (with due respect for additional rules). The claim of Prince Karl Emich is soleley based on the fact that he does not accept Maria Vladimirovna Romanova or the late Nicholas Romanovich Romanov as dynasts.

These claims are based on the fact that Maria Vladimirovna's father married a partner whom did not meet the requirements (Princess Leonida Georgievna Bagration-Mukhraneli)

The same about the father of Nicholas Romanovich who married a partner whom did not mee the requirements either (Countess Praskovia Dmitrievna Sheremeteva).

It is only funny that Prince Karl Emich, the junior agnate, himself has hardly any foot to stand on since his marriage to Frau Gabriele Homey (best known from her second marriage to the Aga Khan). After all Maria Vladmirovna herself married a Prince of Prussia and Nicholas himself married an Italian Countess.

Tags
monarchy, romanovs, ruriks, russia