The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
That would be something she was familiar with...
Was her marriage really an arranged one? I thougt it was a Lovematch at last from her side from what i have read.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Georg Prinz von Preussen / "Georgi Michailovitch Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia"
I don't think "Prinz von Preussen" is his only legal name as you imply, especially given his birth in Spain where children are generally registered under the names of both parents.

According to a source cited previously in this thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
George was born "Jorge prinz von Preussen Romanoff"; however, the year after the birth his mother filed a petition in France to have his last name changed to"Romanoff-grand-duc de Russie prinz von Preussen."

Source: Bulletin 11 -- 30 Sep 1982 of Cercle d'Etudes des Dynasties Royales Europeennes (published by J.F. Tourtchine)
In addition, I've heard elsewhere that the name on his Russian documents is simply Romanoff, though I'm not clear on the reliability of that information.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I don't think "Prinz von Preussen" is his only legal name as you imply, especially given his birth in Spain where children are generally registered under the names of both parents.

According to a source cited previously in this thread,

In addition, I've heard elsewhere that the name on his Russian documents is simply Romanoff, though I'm not clear on the reliability of that information.
His father is Prinz von Preußen, the only undisputed surname in the whole saga. Georg is 7th in the line of succession of the House of Prussia. All other versions like "Romanov" or "Grand-Prince of Russia" are on discutable grounds. Georg is the legal son of German father called Franz Wilhelm Prinz von Preußen, a member of the Royal House of Prussia.

Line of succession in the House of Prussia:

O.
Georg Friedrich Prinz von Preußen
Son of Louis Ferdinand Jr Prinz von Preußen
and Donata Gräfin zu Castell-Rüdenhausen

Carl Friedrich Prinz von Preußen
Son of Georg Friedrich Prinz von Preußen
and Sophie Prinzessin von Isenburg

Louis Ferdinand Prinz von Preußen

Heinrich Prinz von Preußen

Christian-Sigismund Prinz von Preußen
Son of Louis Ferdinand Sr Prinz von Preußen
and Kira Kirillovna Romanova, Grand-Princess of Russia

Christian Ludwig Prinz von Preußen
Son of Christian-Sigismund Prinz von Preußen
and Nina Gräfin zu Reventlow

Franz Wilhelm Prinz von Preußen
Son of Karl Franz Prinz von Preußen
and Henriette Prinzessin von Schoenaich-Carolath

Georg Prinz von Preußen
Son of Franz Wilhelm Prinz von Preußen
and Maria Vladimirovna Romanova, Grand-Princess of Russia
Old 11-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithsdale View Post
Within European royal and noble circles intense rumors have been spreading for recent months that Gr Dss Maria Wladimirovna is fed up with Prince Georgi's refusal to marry, and that she is arranging a marriage between Prince Georgi and Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach despite Prince Georgi is not happy with this choice!
To be frank, this is absolute tosh.

Grand Duke George and his long-term girlfriend Rebecca Bettarini visited Tsarkoe Selo three weeks ago: they frequently travel abroad and are normally pictured during these trips. They live in Brussels, and they have resided there for some time. The couple have been together for at least seven years.

Grand Duchess Maria's office issued a statement earlier this year (January) that the Imperial House was seeking a dialogue with Patriarch Kirill in order to "relax" (or, more likely, abolish) the equal marriage requirement that has until now been enforced on Romanov dynasts...a requirement with which Grand Duchess Maria and all of her paternal ancestors have complied. The communiqué from January is a rather clear indication that the grand duchess wants it possible for her son to marry his intended. Grand Duchess Maria likely desires the Russian Orthodox Church to support any adaption to the Pauline Laws that might be made so that critics can be silenced.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Could also be that she wants an arranged marriage and after 1 or more a sons are born there will be a divorce.
Plus the princess is obviously wealthy, about to acquire the headship of her house after her father's death and will need heirs, too.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Plus the princess is obviously wealthy, about to acquire the headship of her house after her father's death and will need heirs, too.

She can succeed to the Headship iof the House as Saxe-Weimar is male only. The Heir of her father is his cousin Prince Wilhelm-Ernst who is the last male of that line after the tragic death of his son last year.

She will probably inherit his fortune etc.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

GD Georgi with his girlfriend visiting the exhibition about Prince Alexander of Belgium in Namour and attend at a gala offering by Princess Lea

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...e2&oe=5E5B8DC3
https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...NjY5OA%3D%3D.2
https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram...MDMzMg%3D%3D.2
https://scontent-frt3-2.cdninstagram...Mjc4NQ%3D%3D.2
Old 11-14-2019, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Grand Duke George of Russia has survived a serious automobile accident in St. Petersburg:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....-survives.html
Old 11-15-2019, 02:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Grand Duke George of Russia has survived a serious automobile accident in St. Petersburg:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....-survives.html

GD Georgi about his accident:

"I wish to thank you all for your concern and messages, by the grace of God, nor me nor the 3 members of my staff have been uninjured in a serious accident which happened today, November 1/14, 2019—the feast day of the Holy Martyrs, Physicians, and Unmercenaries Ss. Cosmas and Damian. “The Lord kept us safe,” I wish to express my gratitude to the police, firefighters, and ambulances who intervened and I am looking forward to participate fully in the events of the International Cultural Forum."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B43K4rzBBIE/
Old 11-15-2019, 03:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wow scary accident by the pictures. Thankfully not only Georgi but the staff who was with him were not killed. Hopefully they are all well.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Glad to hear that Georgi and the other passangers weren't badly injured.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank