Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria Romanovna News Thread (Oct. 2021 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The lady holding the Papillon dog must be Pss Victoria's mother? Nice that her parents were able to be there. I thought that travel with Russia was restricted these days.

Anyone knows how safe they are under the current situation in Russia? From other articles I read, some of the Russian oligarchs are pro restoration or the monarchy and probably help to protect their safety. I assume if restored, they would become the revived new titled aristocracy of Russia someday.

Incredible photos! You can read on their faces how happy they are!

Anyone knows how safe they are under the current situation in Russia? From other articles I read, some of the Russian oligarchs are pro restoration or the monarchy and probably help to protect their safety. I assume if restored, they would become the revived new titled aristocracy of Russia someday.
I highly doubt that any of the oligarchs are in support of restoration. They (oligarchs) are already wealthy and they’d need more than just a few oligarch support for an unlikely restoration.

I don't think that oligarchs care about monarchy as long as they can keep their billions. Remember that they are mostly just former KGB agents and other former Soviet officials who managed to play their cards when Soviet Union fell apart and Yeltsin commited shock therapy when transferred to capitalist system.

Royals and any other people are safe as long as they are not going openly oppose [Putin] and support war in Ukraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lady holding the Papillon dog must be Pss Victoria's mother? Nice that her parents were able to be there. I thought that travel with Russia was restricted these days.

Yes. The photo is captioned Ambassador Bettarini and Carla Bettarini.

Its lovely they could visit. But I agree surprising they were able to.

And young mother strongly condemns throwing away dogs from the family when a baby arrives.

She underlines that the pet is a FAMILY MEMBER.

I agree with the princess 100%. Unless the pet is a threat to the safety and/or health of the infant, getting rid of them is so cruel. I absolutely loathe people who do that.

Alexander is a little love!

Last edited:

Absolutely adorable with their pet next to them. And it says a lot of the couple promoting adoptions for rescue pets.

Re dog concerns, it's a major issue depending on the breed of dog. The recent four or five incidents here in the USA past few weeks, that I'm not going to detail due to the horrendous tragedy they caused, involved the breed and mixes known to be unpredictable. And still, despite all warnings, their owners allowed these home mini hyenas access to children and in the other two tragedies, to roam free of a leash in the yard.

Dogs are loyal and protective of children as long as the pet owner listens and researches what breed is safe to have near them and other small pets. Plus, dogs are also important to detect conditions like cancer before of a diagnosis, they are service pets for disabled people and great companions. And as in this picture, they make adorable photos next to their baby pals ?

:previous: Very good point(s) Toledo.The recent tragedies here in the US regarding dogs and children are definitely something to think about.

For the record, I would never ever leave an infant or toddler alone and unattended with a pet. Not even a tiny chihuahua or a Yorkie. Not even a cat in fact.

Even gentle animals can become unpredictable. Our family had a German Shepherd that was extremely loving, but once attempted to attack the mailman.

Orthodox baptisms usually take place 40 days after birth.

I wonder if a date has been set for little Prince Alexander?

Orthodox baptisms usually take place 40 days after birth.

I wonder if a date has been set for little Prince Alexander?

I also wanted to know if a date has already been set for Prince Alexander's baptism. Will the royal house announce a date soon?

I would not be surprised if Prince Alexander is baptized within the coming week.

Tsarevich Alexis was christened on September 3, 1904 in the chapel in Peterhof Palace.
According to Russian custom, Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra were not present.
Might Prince Alexander be christened in the chapel in Peterhof Palace?

It is more likely that the prince will be baptized in Moscow, where he lives with his parents.

Tsarevich Alexis was christened on September 3, 1904 in the chapel in Peterhof Palace.
According to Russian custom, Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra were not present.
Might Prince Alexander be christened in the chapel in Peterhof Palace?

That would be quite an event if televised in Russia right now.

Christening of Prince Alexander took place this morning 6 December at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/...B701-4124-9C9E-1208C580EF8F.jpeg?format=1500w

The Godparents

Princess Olga Duchess of Savoy Aosta, Helene Kirby y Bagration Countess Dvinskaya, Prince Stephane Belosselsky-Belozersky, Prince Joachim Murat and Michel Petrovich Orlov.

Pictures
https://www.russianlegitimist.org/the-christening-of-hsh-prince-alexander-georgievich-romanoff

Official Family picture posted by Princess Victoria

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....NQO-M811XeN4lBWwm-7UyZhMIy3Z3k7QA&oe=6394E950

and one more

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....NQi4OzRg6qyGrYKyRvv3NNW-OE92MsIbw&oe=6395E34B

Last edited:
It was informative to learn that King Edward VII of England was a godfather to Tsarevich Alexis. He was the exclusive English relative to be a godparent. Also, he was the only one of the Anglican faith.

Wow, that was an impressive celebration.

And I was not aware there were Orlovs still around nor the current prince is also a grandson of King Farouk and part of the Egyptian royal family, too. I knew the Yussupovs were of Egyptian and Genghis Khan's Golden Horde origins but not the Orlovs with Egypt's royals.

And I was not aware there were Orlovs still around nor the current prince is also a grandson of King Farouk and part of the Egyptian royal family, too. I knew the Yussupovs were of Egyptian and Genghis Khan's Golden Horde origins but not the Orlovs with Egypt's royals.

Mr Orloff is not of the princely line. He is alleged to be from the comital branch, but I cannot find any proof of that.

Mr Orloff is not of the princely line. He is alleged to be from the comital branch, but I cannot find any proof of that.
He's nowhere to be found in the genealogies over the comital lines that I've seen either.

Last edited:
Goodness, that is a very impressive list of godparents and quite a lavish baptismal ceremony for young Alexander!

The last King of Egypt’s daughter by his first wife, Salfinaz Zulficar (Queen Farida), Fadia married into the Orlov/Orloff family and her husband converted to Islam. The Yusupov family weren’t Egyptian at all, they came from the Norgai Horde and used to be Muslim centuries ago until one of the sons of Yusuf went to Russia and converted to Orthodoxy. The only member of the former Egyptian royal house who came from the Norgai Horde was Princess Mahivesh whose ancestors came to Egypt from the Norgai Horde and she married into the Tousson branch of the royal family.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom