Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After this, I wonder why princess Caroline insists in being married with this man:bang:
I think the status quo suits them both. Why divorce when she's unlikely to marry for a fourth time? Given he's fighting with his son over property etc. he probably doesn't need more legal entanglements. Also, if he's still married he can't marry anyone unsuitable (like nightclub dancers...)

There seems to be this view that she's uncontrollably attached to the HRH - I don't buy it. If It were that important to her she wouldn't have happily become Madame Junot or Madame Casiraghi or brought up three children who are quite clear they don't have titles.

After this, I wonder why princess Caroline insists in being married with this man:bang:

Because she has known him as a nice, attentive, fun, hands-on and witty man who made her laugh, who made her feel loved, etc?

If the marriage is truly important to her/them, they should actively be working towards resolving any issues and making sure that it is a marriage that isn't just one on paper.

I'm not saying that divorce is the solution but the current status quo isn't helpful either.

There seems to be this view that she's uncontrollably attached to the HRH - I don't buy it. If It were that important to her she wouldn't have happily become Madame Junot or Madame Casiraghi or brought up three children who are quite clear they don't have titles.

Even as Madame Junot or Madame Casiraghi Caroline was HSH, but that was before becoming HRH, a title that outranks her birth family and would go with divorce. HSH will remain forever.

Even as Madame Junot or Madame Casiraghi Caroline was HSH, but that was before becoming HRH, a title that outranks her birth family and would go with divorce. HSH will remain forever.
Still don't think that's the reason she stays married to him. If it were that important she wouldn't have married commoners. And it's purely courtesy - there are no royal titles in Germany.

"If the marriage is truly important to her/them, they should actively be working towards resolving any issues and making sure that it is a marriage that isn't just one on paper.

I'm not saying that divorce is the solution but the current status quo isn't helpful either."

If it suits them to remain married I can't see what harm it's doing. He's not a monarch, no future of a country hangs on their relationship. They're separated, even if it's unofficial, and going about their respective lives, one rather more constructively than the other.

Last edited:
I think the status quo suits them both. Why divorce when she's unlikely to marry for a fourth time? Given he's fighting with his son over property etc. he probably doesn't need more legal entanglements. Also, if he's still married he can't marry anyone unsuitable (like nightclub dancers...)

Exactly. I'm always shaking my head when I read that Caroline is simply clinging to HRH.

Seriously what has the defunct Hanover title provided this BORN PRINCESS that she did not already have?

Easy entree to the Gotha? Respect? Billions of dollars? Lovely palaces and castles to live in?

Caroline Louise Marguerite Polignac-Grimaldi was born with all the above. If she had wanted to simply add HRH to the list why were her first two husbands named Mssrs Junot and Casiraghi?

My belief is Caroline, always a passionate and romantic
woman fell deeply in love with E-A. She was lonely. Perhaps she believed that she could recapture the happiness that she'd had with her second husband?

The only thing the HRH has brought her is humiliation and disappointment and more loneliness. Truly the ONLY good thing that her relationship with E-A has given her is her adored youngest daughter.

There is no reason for Prince Ernst August and Princess Caroline to divorce.

As long as their marriage endures, it ensures that the Prince cannot find himself entangled with someone who might bring further disrepute to the family. He is very ill. The continuation of the union between the Prince and Princess makes it possible that a certain amount of dignity still remains attached to the Head of House Hannover.

Regardless of the couple's private situation, to a certain extent, Princess Caroline protects both her daughter and her stepsons and their family legacy by remaining married to their father. It provides stability.

I admire Princess Caroline. In her younger days she came across as willful and spoiled - look at her disastrous first marriage against her parents' wishes - but she has become a very dignified, mature, and kindhearted person. Quite an asset for Monaco and for her family too.

There has been no further information about Ernst August and his condition or whether he remains in hospital or has been discharged released that I know of.
I agree with what Benjamin has written. To add, Ernst August is in very poor health even if he recovers from this latest episode. Why should Caroline divorce him as the stress of a divorce would be an additional burden on his health. Any divorce, amicable or not, is a stress on each spouse and family. Why add to his frail health now? Both have led separate lives for many years and have gotten along, Caroline much better than her husband, I don't think even Caroline would want to stress Ernst August now with a divorce. She's been content with the status quo.

I also think it's ridiculous to think she is clinging to the HRH. Her family has always been better off than his. I think they are all protective of Alexandra and staying married to her father protects her (and Caroline's stepsons) best. If she falls in love again, it could be another story. But for now, why divorce and make things messier.

Last edited:
Ernst August never wanted to divorce too , they must be an arrangement between them.

I also don't think that Caroline is staying with Ernst August due to the HRH title. If she were then that would most likely mean she would have requested for the Casiraghis to have titles too. I know Alexandra is a princess but I can imagine that she is so purely for dynastic reasons as on social media she doesn't refer to herself as such. I'd personally always presumed that they aren't divorced yet due to religious reasons.

Caroline could have some practical reasons for not divorcing, too. For all we know, she may have a pre-nup that would have her pay him off, if they divorce. Better to live apart from him and keep her money.

Plus, going through a divorce could invite a lot of media intrusion or cause embarrassing stories to appear in court. She's a very private person, so why put herself or her family through that, if she doesn't have to?

Caroline von Hannover und Monaco zu Studio54 will care little.. her life with EA 'senior' has LONG been over,
It is the 'new squeeze' who has my sympathy..

How is it humiliating for Caroline? They are separated.

Caroline von Hannover und Monaco zu Studio54 will care little.. her life with EA 'senior' has LONG been over,
It is the 'new squeeze' who has my sympathy..

Truer words were never spoken.

Honestly...this separation and no divorce works out best for everyone. Caroline can maintain some sort of financial stability for Alexandra as well as Ernst and Christian. No spending crazy money on the new flavor of the month (ie who might be a gold digger). And Ernst has a legit reason on why none of these flavor of the month relationships can go any further....I am married.

Last edited:
How is it humiliating for Caroline? They are separated.

Truer words were never spoken.

Honestly...this separation and no divorce works out best for everyone. Caroline can maintain some sort of financial stability for Alexandra as well as Ernst and Christian. No spending crazy money on the new flavor of the month (ie who might be a gold digger). And Ernst has a legit reason on why none of these flavor of the month relationships can go any further....I am married.

I wouldn't like to have the title of a man like Ernst. Caroline is a myth and a woman with class and high quality. Ernst is an unsuitable man for her. Even though they are separated and not divorced, she still has his title. I am sorry, but this is my opinion.

And if Caroline falls in love with a "new" man?

IF Caroline falls in love with a new man, perhaps she will divorce. Perhaps Ernst has found the "one" with the new woman...and if they decide to divorce. They decide to divorce. But for all appearances Caroline is an age when the concept of love is different for her now than when she is youngers. As it is generally is when you mature. And Ernst appears to be regressing.

But obviously right now...the status quo works for them.

Capri...no one is saying you aren't entitled to your opinion...but when you state your opinion..you have to be prepared for others to state theirs as well. It's all good..that's what is great about the forums.... an abundance of different opinions!

Princess Caroline was pregnant when she married Ernst Auugust , her best friend's husband.

Yes, thank you Maria Olivia...for a second I forgot this. And that is why despite her obvious relationship with her step sons she was noticeably absent from their weddings.

KARMA.

IF Caroline falls in love with a new man, perhaps she will divorce. Perhaps Ernst has found the "one" with the new woman...and if they decide to divorce. They decide to divorce. But for all appearances Caroline is an age when the concept of love is different for her now than when she is youngers. As it is generally is when you mature. And Ernst appears to be regressing.

But obviously right now...the status quo works for them.

Capri...no one is saying you aren't entitled to your opinion...but when you state your opinion..you have to be prepared for others to state theirs as well. It's all good..that's what is great about the forums.... an abundance of different opinions!

"when you state your opinion..you have to be prepared for others to state theirs as well": That's exactly what I said. In other words I said that this is only my opinion and of course it maybe different from the others's.

I wouldn't like to have the title of a man like Ernst. Caroline is a myth and a woman with class and high quality. Ernst is an unsuitable man for her. Even though they are separated and not divorced, she still has his title. I am sorry, but this is my opinion.

You know that the myth, the woman with class and high quality, was pregnant when she married her third husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom