Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The video is lovely. I like the way KC and QAM never interfered in the decision...I would find it hard if I were in this position.

What a good looking couple and family. I´m overjoyed to see Nikolas finally marrying his beautiful lady and to see them with the parents. For me their happiness is far more valuable than the ring or where it came from.

The photos are great. Tatiana is stunning.

If you look earlier in the thread, I mentioned that I'm pretty sure that the ring's stone came from a very beautiful set of earrings. The only time I had seem them clearly was at a Christening of one of the children and A-M was wearing a light blue suit smiling at the baby (who was being held by the King). It looks like the stone and it's setting did not change much for the ring.

It sounds as if we've gotten as much about Tatiana's background as the royal family wants to be out in the press. They are not going to want to brag that Tatiana may be illegitimate or sort through the issues around her father's death. Therefore, they kept the conference quieter/less formal and unlike the other two conferences (Pavlos, Alexia), there is no larger family photo (with the danish, spanish aunts. My guess is that they are saying the least said, the better.

thank you by pictures!! and the video but the pictures are beautiful!

Princess Irene attended the event a bit later did she talk to the press?Did Queen Anna-Maria talk?Because we did not see the full press conference on tv.

No, princess Irini came by coincidence just the time most of the photographers and the cameras were already out of the Yach Club.
Queen Anna Maria only said a few world but off camera, she was emotionally touched as well as the King, who left his tiers at the moment he kissed Tatiana's hand:)

Any news about her exact date of birth, birthplace, nationality?

Yes, this is from the Press clipping i got;-), translated by me, so be kind for any mistakes:)

"Tatiana Elinga Blatnik was born in Venezuela and grow up in Switzerland. Her father, Ladislav Blatnik was Slovenian and her mother, Mari-Blance Bierlein is German, married to Mr Attilio Brigienburg.
Tatiana has 4 brothers: Boris, Igor and Anouska Blatnik and a step brother, Attilio Brigienburg. She graduated from Georgetown University with a diploma at Sociology. She works for the P.R. of the Diane Von Furstenberg House of Fashion"

:sad:I hate to think that another piece of jewelry was broken up for this ring! But I have to wonder how far back this sapphire goes in the Danish royal family. Queen Alexandrine perhaps?

This is very common for the Royal Houses, to broke a jewelery in order to make another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for providing this information, roimat.

So no Peter or 'Petar' (according to ever-unreliable wikipedia...) Blatnik appears to be Tatiana's father, but Ladislav Blatnik.
Originally from Slovenia, he made a fortune of undisclosed nature in Venezuela, had the nickname 'Lottie', and claimed to be a 'Venezualean shoe magnate' when he first stepped into the public eye as the lover of late Hollywood actress Natalie Wood in the mid-1960s.

:previous:
Apart from the Natalie Wood references there is very little of substance to be found on the internet concerning Tatiana's father.
Here's one bit:
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fas...p-feet-change-at-woolrich-2411060//?full=true

"...What’s more, Diane von Furstenberg knew Tatiana’s father, Ladislav Blatnik, who was originally from Slovenia, in the Sixties. “My family and Diane’s family’s paths have always crossed,” noted Blatnik, who added that she plans to keep working for the designer after her wedding."

They want a winter wedding??At the greek press conference they said they want a wedding at the end of the summer in the country-side.
Do you have a link to the press conference given to non-greek channels and magazines?

Great news! I hope they consider having the wedding in Greece!

Has she/is she going to convert to the orthodox church? I don't see how else this marriage can take place in a Greek church, -which forbids marriage between non-Christian and Christian..

:previous:
Apart from the Natalie Wood references there is very little of substance to be found on the internet concerning Tatiana's father.
What Natalie Wood references? Please explain.

I highly doubt they would have a winter wedding since Princess Madaliene of Sweden is getting married in the winter of 2010/2011. I would guess there is alot of checking the royal calenders to make sure the most number of royal guests can attend. If I remember correctly, Pavlos and Marie Chantal chose their wedding date so Queen Elizabeth II could attend.

Possibly the best account of Natalie Wood’s relationship with Ladislav Blatnik, nickname ‘Lottie’ and ‘The Shoe King of Venezuela’, can be found in Gavin Lambert’s biography of the actress: ‘Natalie Wood: A Life’, published by Alfred A. Knopf in 2004.

Here’s a picture of Wood and Tatiana Blatnik’s father at a costume ball, ca. 1965:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7638/3844794586ac5b74eb06.jpg

I highly doubt they would have a winter wedding since Princess Madaliene of Sweden is getting married in the winter of 2010/2011. I would guess there is alot of checking the royal calenders to make sure the most number of royal guests can attend. If I remember correctly, Pavlos and Marie Chantal chose their wedding date so Queen Elizabeth II could attend.

I agree, lots of weddings this semester, i believe its possible to have it early 2011??

Do you think Q Elizabeth II will attend a wedding abroad and especially at the country-side?

Well, P & MC also married in London as did Alexia and Carlos since traveling to Greece was not an option at that time. The Queen's husband Prince Phillip was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark so I don't know if they would travel to Greece for a wedding. Probably just send a representative.

I agree, lots of weddings this semester, i believe its possible to have it early 2011??

Do you think Q Elizabeth II will attend a wedding abroad and especially at the country-side?

Don't think they would attend. At Constantine and Anne-Marie's Wedding the Queen also was not present. Only Philip, Charles and Anne. Even if the Wedding takes place in London on 24.08. It think she will not attend because at the time she is usually on holiday at Balmoral.

Has she/is she going to convert to the orthodox church? I don't see how else this marriage can take place in a Greek church, -which forbids marriage between non-Christian and Christian..
As a matter of fact, yes! She is going to convert, she will be baptized a Greek Orthodox by the Archbishop of Great Britain and Thyateira, Nicholaos announced it to the Greek Press on Monday. I think she will be a beautiful bride, and I 'm glad that she is appreciated by her in-laws for what she is and not for what her late father was or wasn't. Their attitude honours them as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you Mariazil. Their majesties always seem to behave with dignity and a true noble attitude - I mean, they have their values and high standards, but they also seem quite open minded and very deeply gentle to people.

:sad:I hate to think that another piece of jewelry was broken up for this ring! But I have to wonder how far back this sapphire goes in the Danish royal family. Queen Alexandrine perhaps?

It's often difficult to track the "route" - if you like:) - of royal jewellery!
Sometimes we don't get the name of the giver, because it's considered confidential, and as for older jewellery we don't always get the whole provenance of a particular piece. In either case the royals deem that it is none of our business!

I've tried but cannot trace the sapphire in the DRF! Princess Anne- Marie got a few pieces of jewellery before she left Denmark for Greece in 1964, in which case it could be from the Alexandrine cache. However don't forget, that she received jewellery from her mother later in life and that she got her fair share after Queen Ingrid died in year 2000.
As I remember it Queen Ingrid was rather a ruby than a sapphire person, but it is very likely that she had a couple of left over stones at the bottom of her jewellery box ;).

Viv

Thank you !!I like the picture of Kings

I totally agree with you, Beltraneja! They are a really handsome couple!!!

I read today in a Greek magazine ( Down Town) that they said they plan to have a wedding after the summer in the Greek countryside " with very few guests, just family members and a few selected friends". If that's true I doubt they need to choose a date that will suit the other royals ( expect for the Danish and Spanish royals of course).

Their few selected guests could be royals and don't forget that even if they don't invite high-rank royals with busy schedules they are (the GRF) invited to their family' s weddings this year.

Do we know when Princess Madeline will get married?Does she have a date?

What is Tatiana's job? What does she work for Diane von Furstenberg?

Back
Top Bottom