Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article from the Charles-Phillipe's website, basically says that the three visited the church were Diana and Charles were married on June 21, 2008.
Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orlans - Duc d'Anjou

Charles does speak pretty good English, I don't know about Diana but I know she speaks French so maybe they stuck to French?

Wow.I love the prince's website...he is really a good looking man isn't he? ;)

Thanks for posting this!

Does anyone know if the couple or any other French royals will attend the British royal wedding?

The Duchess of Cadaval has released her 2nd historic romance on another Queen of Portugal: Maria Francisca of Savoy. The facebook page for the book can be found here.

Diana will also have an autograph signing at the "Feira do Livro" in Lisbon, Tomorrow May 15th at 6PM.

I would really like to know who really holds the title, Biri, but I haven't a clue where to find facts about France's current nobility (do they call it peerage too?)

At any rate, according to Wikipedia, Prince Charles-Philippe is the current Duke of Anjou. His uncle, Henri, Count of Paris and Duke of France, the Orléanist Pretender to the French throne created Charles-Philippe as the current duke in 2004. Apparently, he doesn't recognize his cousin's title as Duke of Anjou, although Louis-Alphonse had the title from 1989 and considers himself still to have it.

So I guess we have two Dukes of Anjou right now. Until the French monarchy is restored, I suppose there will just be multiples of things.

Which means there will always be multiple Dukes of Anjou, I bet. My own lineal ancestors held the title until the 12th century...I guess it's a bit late for my uncle's son to make the claim (and, um, wrong citizenship and way too many women in the line). Darn that Salic Law business!

Seriously, though, Louis Alphonse is a very good looking man, unfortunately already married (I was thinking of my younger daughter). He has three children - but Wikipedia doesn't say what sex they are.

The other Duke of Anjou, Charles-Philippe, appears not to have any children...yet.

The title "Duc D'Anjou" was always given only to the members of the main branch of the Bourbons.

Here's a TV piece about Princess Diana's daily life in the Palace of Cadaval:

RTP - 30 MINUTOS
(see day 2011-05-31, from minute 14 onwards)

The Duchess of Cadaval presented her new book "Maria Francisca de Saboia" at the National Museum
Arte Antiga in Lisbon, Portugal, June 8, 2011. Her husband Prince Charles-Philippe of Orleans and Dom
Duarte de Braganza, Duke of Braganza were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Her dress seems to evoke a tile mosaic... I guess she's honouring the Portuguese art, but I'm not sure about the "beauty" of such loudy pattern on a dress.

Diana and C-P dont have children yet right? cant wait to know about some pregnancy announcements^^

They are a wonderful couple, one of my favorites in the Gotha. :whistling:

Portrayed before the Sponsors board is more people than royal. I always wonders if these guests payed or were invited ?
The Countess d' Evreux brought the bacon at home.
Diana de Cadaval is doing the same.

I have a feeling this couple may not be able to have children, because it's been 3 years and no pregnancy and Diana is only getting older...

I have a feeling this couple may not be able to have children, because it's been 3 years and no pregnancy and Diana is only getting older...

She is only 33. It is not too old to get pregnant.

I know it's not too old, but realistically if she wants a kid she doesn't have many more years to go!

Yeah, this seems to be the right time for them to start to have children. And they definetely want to have children, they've said that before.

Yeah, this seems to be the right time for them to start to have children. And they definetely want to have children, they've said that before.

Between "trying to have children" and "starting to have children", there is definitely a gap. This is a very untactful remark from you because you know nothing about them.

Last edited:
Between "trying to have children" and "starting to have children", there is definitely a gap. This is a very untactful remark from you because you know nothing about them.

Well if we could only write things about royals we knew a lot about then this board would be shut down because almost none of us know any royals personally!

And Lenora they were married June 21st 2008, in Portugal.

Well if we could only write things about royals we knew a lot about then this board would be shut down because almost none of us know any royals personally!

And Lenora they were married June 21st 2008, in Portugal.

It is a rather insensitive commentary because you don't know if they are not trying to become parents. Just imagine you say to a couple who is trying for long to have baby it is the right time to start to have children. It would be very painful for you. If you don't know why a couple who is married for a long time has no children, it is better not to speculate on these matters. Saying something like you said is a lack of tact, even for royal watchers who like to speculate on this or that.

I never said I didn't think they were trying to be parents, because they said many times they do I was wondering if they were able to have children....

Last edited by a moderator:
...I was wondering if they were able to have children....
You're missing the point entirely. What purpose can be served by writing in an open forum "I wonder if they are able to have children?" Do you expect someone close to the couple who knows their personal circumstances to give you an answer? If you are posing a rhetorical question you are doing no more than thinking out aloud. Again, for what purpose? Do you openly question childless family members, friends or strangers about their apparent lack of fertility, or ask a women if she has miscarried recently, and if so, how many failed pregnancies she's had?

Yes, we are a discussion forum but there's no meaningful "discussion" in asking what are in effect highly sensitive, personal and private questions where you know from the outset that you won't receive an answer. Poor Crown Princess Masako became a shadow of her once vibrant self because of pressure to conceive; I'm sure there are members of this Forum who have a very good understanding of the intense pain and sadness the inability to create a family can bring.

Open speculation and empty questions about such matters will not provide answers or make a constructive discussion. Such an approach also lacks tact, sensitivity and awareness. Returning to the topic, the Duke and Duchess of Anjou have been married for a little over three years and at present have no living issue. Let's just leave it at that.

It can also be that they will wait until have explored the world they wanted to explore before starting a family with children!

Very happy news from Point de Vue's cover: they are expecting their first child!

Congrats!
When is Diana due to give birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom