Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course three weeks before due date and two weeks after due date.
Birth is à terme from February 12th till March 11th

Princesse Isabelle d'Orleans was born today (22 February 2012) in Lisbon.

She is the daughter of Prince Charles Philippe d'Orleans, duc d'Anjou, and Princesse Diane d'Orleans, duchesse d'Anjou and duchesse de Cadaval.

Princesse Isabelle is named after her great-grandmother, the late Comtesse de Paris.

Source: http://www.ducdanjou.com/

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess and the young princess Isabelle! Today is also the day of St. Isabelle of France, so two reasons to name her Isabel. On the official announcement it is said the family will live between Estoril & Evora. Isabelle weighs 3.610 kilos. The official announcement and family monogram can be found here.

Last edited:
I did not know in Portugal you could take the baby home without a carseat, I thought it was mandatory, I guess not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurray!! They are one of my favorite Royal couples, I have been watching them since they first started dating.

I am thrilled that they finally have their baby!

I did not know in Portugal you could take the baby home without a carseat, I thought it was mandatory, I guess not.

You're actually right, it is mandatory in Portugal the use of car seat.

It is very strange to see a french prince announcing his candidacy to become a deputy of the National Assembly of the french... REPUBLIC!

I for one hope he wins, Monarchy is never coming back to France and at least he realizes that and is finding new ways to help the French people. The Foundation of Monarchy after all is represent and serve the people.

It may sound weird at the beginning to think of a prince wanting to became a member of a parliament of a republic. But if you think twice, it's not necessarily a contradition:
the parliament is a symbol of DEMOCRACY, which, despite what some republicans think (I know plenty of them) is not the same thing as REPUBLIC and is not a contrary concept of monarchy. I know, I know, it's the parliament of a republic but it represents democracy, people's right to choose the destiny of their country. The Republic's main symbol is the head-of-state, the president. the main (not the only one) difference between monarchy and republic is in the choice (or lack of it) of the head-of-state. Charles-Philippe is not running for president...He doesn't not aim to represent the republic but to represent the people and democracy
It's also quite common to see in some republican countries some people feeling surprised about monarchists (in general not just princes) participating in the political life of the republic. Again they misunderstood democracy with republic, but also keep forgetting that it's not because I don't like the way the country works that I don't have the right to participate in the decisions of my country. Charles-Philippe may prefer that France was a monarchy but french people don't. He has to respect that but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't participate in french political life. It's a move on decision and as jonc93 said findind new ways of helping the people.

It is very strange to see a french prince announcing his candidacy to become a deputy of the National Assembly of the french... REPUBLIC!

Well Louis Napoleon Bonaparte started out as the elected President of the French Republic before becoming Emperor. King Simeon of Bulgaria managed to get himself elected as Prime Minister of the Republic of Bulgaria.

Charles Philippe certainly has a better chance of becoming a deputy that he ever has of becoming a monarch.

Maybe Charles Philippe tries to do like his ancestors the Orléans.
His ancestor Philippe Egalité, the traitor, voted the death of the king Louis XVI. His son Louis Philippe usurped the throne to the legitim king Charles X and became King of the French; a sort of king of the Revolution. And about his own sons; the prince of Joinville became deputy in 1871 and the duke of Aumale almost became president of the Republic.
The Orléans are republican so, in a way, he does what he wants to do.

I may not understand , he had problems with the Justice and had to resign as Head of the Order of St Lazare !

He is not the fist of his branch entering politics. His ancestor, Philippe Egalité, was a republican politician too.

^^ Well, not that we know. And to me that means she wasn't otherwise Caras (a portuguese magazine) would have said something about it...

That's not really weird. we in Portugal don't have the tradition to christen kids with a few months like you see in other royal houses. At least that's not what people in general do nowadays, of course Diana and Charles-Phillipe may follow different traditions. I think the most common age is around 8/9 months. She must have six now so I guess after the summer holidays we'll ear about it

^yes you're right, and even later, my cousin was 2 years-old when she was christened, but i guess they wont wait that long. maybe when shes about 9-10 months old.

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans has given a press conference for his new book at the Cercle of Union Interalliee in Paris yesterday, October 2nd. The Count of Paris and Prince Michel d'Orléans attended the event as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The cover of the Portuguese magazine CARAS, is about the christening of little Isabelle -- caras -- caras2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom