Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) 1: Sept 2003-Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess has a pretty dress on but the duke has no type of expression which I find kinda of sad well that's just the way he is.

it's great to see so many pictures of them lately! margarita looked great at the wedding in the ambar dress and also during the reception to the pope at the elysee.

I admire the resilience and courage of Luis Alfonso. Anybody who had to go through the devastating losses he had as a child, could have become either terribly depressed or terribly bitter. First, his Mother abandoned them with their father to go to France and marry somebody. Then, the awful accident that killed his brother Francisco, and injured severely both Luis Alfonso and his Father. Then, the awful ski accident that killed his Father.
I do hope that he will find a lot of happiness and peace near his wife and little daughter and that his life will be serene and full of joy.

Maria Margarita looks fab in that raspberry dress, and LA as usual looks quite handsome. When I first started following him I myself wondered at his generally "unsmiling" look in public but after I discovered all the background story I understood better. I think he does not naturally like being in the spotlight but he knows that he will always have a certain amount of attention paid to him so he bears it pretty well.

Lovely sense of style!

well she has alovely face, beautiful hair and a lot of fashion sense, I love the red long dress, very stylish, also love the way she dresses cassualy, with white pants and that lovely black and white top:flowers:

Thank you so much for these nice photos, particularly the ones of the marriage in Venezia, that I found nowhere...

Hi everybody

I'm a 24 year old french with german blood. I feel monarchist since I was a child and I must said that I find the dukes of Anjou pefect for th job of king & queen when I see them on the pictures posted here :flowers:
Maybe they already know that it would be hard to get the throne & stay long. french are so "versatile" , unstable, always ready to criticise their king and moreover the queen...and to make a revolution.
It's probably better like that. They're already king & queen in the heart of their partisans:) Maybe it's enough. The duke suffered already enough in his life.
A "vieil adage" said that "his kingdom his under his feet, wherever he walks, Where is the king there is the France" magic :)
Kaiser Franz Josef knew it when he gave extraterritoriality to king Miguel II of Portugal or every exiled monarchs living in Austria.
But the times show that we can still expect a good surprise !

I enjoy french history, my favorite king is Henri IV, who made peace around him between catholics & protestants in the beginning of the XVII th century.

I got one question. Have Louis Alphonse & sister Cynthia good relations ?
Are there pictures showing them together?

This is the first time that I have looked at this thread. They are such a beautiful couple. He has such a tragic history, but it looks like he is very happy with his lovely wife and daughter.

Why does Louis Alphonse have bad relations with the Spanish royals?

It is not Luis Alfonso the individual that the Spanish Court wishes to keep at arms length, but Luis Alfonso the senior primogeniture representative of the Bourbon dynasty and senior primogeniture descendant of Alfonso XIII. Although he himself has never made any such claims, some legitimists see Luis Alfonso as the rightful King of Span and of France.

The matter with the Spanish Court and in particular with King Juan Carlos is that Luis Alfonso claims to the French Throne and uses the title of Duke of Anjou, while he has no rights to them because of the renunciation of King Felipe V in 1700.

So the Spanish Royals do not like the fact that he claims the French throne? Do they think there is someone else with a more valid claim?

I don't know it exactly...Spain officially recognizes the existance of the French Republic, so...Sincerely I don't know it

Maybe Spanish Royals support the Orleans claimant, Henri VII...Other claimants are Luis Alfonso and prince Jean Christope Napoleon, and I doubt that thy support the second one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I don't think that Spanish royals support Henri, count of Paris and his son Jean, duke of Vendôme. And obviously no chance that they support the prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon.
But, like said Warren, Luis Alfonso de Borbon represents the elder of Capetians so he could pretend to the throne of France and also the throne of Spain.

But there's the renunciation of Felipe V to the rights to the French Throne signed for Himself and his descendants...It's ever valid

This Prince is The Duke of Anjou and General Franco's great grandson.

The late Count de Paris said that when Alfonso saw he lost the throne of Spain although his wedding , he started to pretend the throne of France.
Didn' he change his name of Duke de Cadix to his father name Duc d' ANjou ?

Alfonso who?

In 1987 Spanish government decided that the title of Duke of Cadiz would not be hereditary, so Luis Alfonso in not the duke of Cadiz, and neither of Anjou due to the 1700 renunciation.

On the Wikipedia you can find it about Dukes of Anjou :
After the death of Henri, Count of Chambord, Carlist claimants became head of the House of Capet and also of the House of Bourbon. Some of them used the title of Duke of Anjou.

• Jacques, Duke of Anjou and Madrid (1870-1931)
  • Alfonso Carlos of Bourbon, Duke of San Jaime (1849-1936)
In 1941, Jaime, Duke of Segovia, succeeded his father the exiled king Alfonso XIII of Spain, Alphonse I of France as heir-male of the House of Capet and therefore as Legitimist claimant to the French throne. He then adopted the title of Duke of Anjou, as formerly born by his ancestor Philip V of Spain.

• Henri VI (1908–1975)
  • Alphonse II (1936–1989)
  • Louis XX (1974-present) ---) Luis Alfonso de Bourbon

I think I was wrong .
His maternel Grand- Grandfather was General Franco
but his paternel Grand-Grandfather was not Jaime Duke of Segovie/Anjou , but King Alfonso XIII of Spain ?
Strange Destiny !

why they still live in Venezulea?It is sutch a dangerous country!

Our beloved Duke and Duchess in Rome for Papal Audience : http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/bourbon/images/Anjou-arrival-Vatican.jpg (The arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Anjou with Princess Eugenie, the duchess' mother is speaking to her granddaughter while M. Chiaradia-Bousquet corrects the placement of the the badge of the Saint Esprit. ) At the evening party for Mme the Duchess of Segovia and Anjou, at the Palazzo Massimo de Pirro http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/bourbon/images/Ducd-Anjou&DssSegovia-Tauran-Mamberti2.jpg http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/bourbon/images/Ducd-Anjou&Tauran-Ferretti2.jpg http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/bourbon/images/Anjou2-theven-ambassadors-etc.jpg http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/bourbon/images/Duc&DssofAnjou2.jpg

Thank you for these pics Aubisse!
Our royal couple duke of Anjou Luis Alfonso and duchess Maria Margarita are so nice!

These are the first photos I can see of the Duchess of Segovia

The Duchess wore black to see the Pope? I thought female Catholic royalty wore white?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom