Liechtenstein Princely Family current events 2: Jan 2004 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
megknight said:
From the BBC who can explain better than I:

"...In effect, the referendum made Liechtenstein Europe's only absolute monarchy. "

A very technical question:

The Holy See (Vatican city), is also an absolute monarchy is it not? THe Holy Fathers' infallibility and immeasureable authority would make it an absolute monarchy? I think so.

Regarding the issue of male succession, as a Roman Catholic dynasty, and almost entirely Roman Catholic population, is there really any problem with retaining the practice? It's not exactly pretending to be one of the more liberal monarchies, and yet it does allow the monarch to abdicate.

Do people dispute Kingdoms like Morocco where there is no female succession? I'm not trying to provoke an argument, not at all. Just curious why it would be an issue.

Isn't Monaco an absolute Monarchy also?

Does anyone have information with regards to Prince Maximilllian and Princess Angela's Wedding Day? Thanks.

On Sat. Oct. 20, 2005, the Princely pair attended the opening of the exhibition
BIEDERMEIER IM HAUS LIECHTENSTEIN at the national museum in Liechtenstein.

fotos from Kunstmuseum.li

Here are a few photos (not the best quality):

Attachments

• FurstlyPair 10-2-2005 2.jpg
    FurstlyPair 10-2-2005 2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 395
  • FurstlyPair 10-2-2005 3.jpg
    FurstlyPair 10-2-2005 3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 400
  • FurstlyPair 10-2-2005 4.jpg
    FurstlyPair 10-2-2005 4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 403
  • FurstlyPair 10-2-2005.jpg
    FurstlyPair 10-2-2005.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 433
What I like about the Liechtenstein royal family (I still have trouble spelling that country!) is that they are very discreet in their affairs. They don't have to make noise about their country to attract attention (hello Monaco!) - I mean after all, why should they? With they money they have, they could buy another planet.

Apparently, they are second to none when it comes to wealth in a royal family. However, I'm not too sure about Great Britian.

SAS la Princesse de LIECHTENSTEIN SAS le Prince Alexandre de LIECHTENSTEIN, 12/11/2005. Versailles bishop His Grace Eric Aumonier blesses the statue of Saint Louis created by Catherine Cairn, as it unveiled in Saint Louis Cathedrale, Versailles during a messe for the canonization of the Emperor Karl I of Austria, in Versailles, France,20051211,

from newscom

Attachments

• 51.jpeg
    51.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 548
  • 52.jpeg
    52.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 324
  • gamma288037.jpeg
    gamma288037.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 392
People in the pics:
Next to Prince Alexandre, wearing the massive fur coat, is his mother Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein; the lady in the red scarf I think is a Princess of Bourbon-Parma; and next to her is Prince Jean of France, duc de Vendome.

From what family is Isabelle? Is she, and her family living in France? What does her husband do for a living?

Marengo said:
From what family is Isabelle? Is she, and her family living in France? What does her husband do for a living?
Isabelle is from the de l'Arbre de Malander family. Incidentally she is a god-daughter of Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians, so the family is/was obviouly well-connected. I understand the family live in France; the Princess and her two eldest sons often appear in Point de Vue at various social events.

As to her husband, Prince Philipp Erasmus, the second son of Prince Franz Josef II, no idea what he does; possibly Liechtenstein Family business, or banking, or finance...
...the Liechtensteiners have never been disposed to publicly discuss what they do. For such an extensive reigning House, remarkably little is known about them, which is just the way they like it.

Royal Family Tree

Does anyone know where I can find a family tree of the Liechtenstein royal family? I have never seen one, also not on their site, (or at least not one that is extensive.) Please let me know as I would love to know more about this family.

Prince Philipp is chairman of the European financial services LGT Group. He will relinquish this post to his nephew, Prince Maximilian, in the spring of 2006.

Empress said:
Does anyone know where I can find a family tree of the Liechtenstein royal family? I have never seen one, also not on their site, (or at least not one that is extensive.) Please let me know as I would love to know more about this family.
There are plenty of listed genealogies available with every member of the family going back centuries, but I doubt you will find a "family tree" in a visual format purely because the current Liechtenstein dynasty is so large. To fit it one one page the font would be miniscule. (If you do come across one, please let us know! :) )

Here is an excellent starting point for genealogical information:

Monarchies of Europe - Sources of Information
http://www.btinternet.com/~allan_raymond/Monarchies_of_Europe_Sources.htm

new year's reception at the castel of Vaduz (Liechtensteiner Vaterland)

Attachments

• receptionnouvelan-vaduz-5.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-5.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 367
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-11.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-11.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 306
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-10.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-10.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 366
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-9.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-9.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 339
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-8.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-8.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 336
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-7.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-7.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 345
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-6.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-6.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 295
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-4.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 320
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-3.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 234
  • receptionnouvelan-vaduz-2.jpg
    receptionnouvelan-vaduz-2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 295
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
new year's reception at the castel of Vaduz (Liechtensteiner Vaterland)

thanks, catherine!
when did the reception took place?

it's too bad there aren't more events or news of the Liechtenstein RF..
i would like to see more of them..:eek: :eek:

Are the people in the pics besides the RF just citizens of Liechtenstein?

They are all officials, like government ministers and foreign ambassadors...etc

Princess Nora of Liechtenstein, a member of IOC, is present at 20th winter olympics in Torino, Italy

(photos from dpa)

from GREMB, posted by Martijn

Last Thursday (16 February), Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein held his Speech from the Throne at the 'Landtag' (Parliament) in Vaduz.

Text in German: http://www.fuerstenhaus.li/fhl/_news/de/Thronrede_S.D._Erbprinz_Alois_von_und_zu_Liechtenstein_am_16.02.2006_anlaesslich_der_Landtagseroeffnung?uri=/fhl/de/index.html&usedisclaimer=true

To hear the speech from the throne: http://www.radio.li/index.php?head=head&nav=start&content=start&teaser=teaser&skyscraper=skyscraper&footer=footer&newsID=0&newsID=19497&nav=liechtenstein (click 'Hören Sie hier die Thronrede von Erbprinz Alois')

All pictures are from the newspaper 'Liechtensteiner Vaterland' (PDF-file):
http://www.vaterland.li/page/archiv/pdf/blaettern_gross_frameset.cfm?seite=01_lv_01_2006-02-17

Attachments

• Troonrede16-02-06-1.jpg
    Troonrede16-02-06-1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Troonrede16-02-06-2.jpg
    Troonrede16-02-06-2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 181
  • Troonrede16-02-06-3.jpg
    Troonrede16-02-06-3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 219
I recently wrote to Their Serene Highnesses The Prince and Princess of Liechtenstein requesting information for a school project on Liechtenstein, TSH most graciously sent me 4 large book on the Royal Family and they also sent me a photograph of themselves which they signed for me. The Heriditory Prince and Princess also enclosed asigned photograph. This was a pleasent suprise as I had not requested a signed Photo.

That's great! Do you mind sharing the titles ?

kerry said:
That's great! Do you mind sharing the titles ?

I'll check when I get home and post them later this evening there were mainly historical books with one about the current Serene Family, the can be ordered free of charge from the Government Information Service, I'll give you the address.

Prince and Princess are not as snobbish as they may seem. They are great people, however Princess Sophie is more reserved and does not like to be so much in the spotlight. Prince Alois is very proud of sharing his families history with anyone who would like to know more about them. Brings great pleasure in doing so. Of course he has people who do this for them and also the photos are presigned.

princessH-O said:
...They are great people, however Princess Sophie is more reserved and does not like to be so much in the spotlight...

You can see that from her photos. She does seem sweet but reserved.

Princess Nora of Liechtenstein makes visit to Costa Rica

Princess Nora de Liechtenstein met today with the president of Costa Rica, Abel Pacheco, within the framework into a visit that makes to the Central American country, informed today an official source. The Presidency of Costa Rica indicated today in an official notice that the princess talked with Pacheco on a project of small cultural transmitters of radio that has been working for more than thirty years thanks to an agreement between the Principality of Liechtenstein and Costa Rica.

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wirefeeds/lat/6410114.html

I knew that a lot of the European royal houses were related especially through Queen Victoria. However, I did not know that the Liechtenstein Princely Family was related to them as well. I found the following link: http://www.warholm.nu/Liechtenstein Click on FAQ and scroll down.

Thought to post it just in case some of you were interested.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom