Kingdom of Swaziland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By Sapa The 12th wife of Swaziland’s King Mswati was forced out of the royal palace on Saturday, following an altercation with a security guard, according to a report.
Inkhosikati LaDube was ordered to “immediately leave the palace” by royal governor Timothy Mthethwa, the Sunday Times reported.
LaDube, 23, told the newspaper she had tried to leave the palace last Saturday in order to take her child to hospital, but had been prevented from doing so by a security guard.
The two-year-old child had injured herself while playing.
“[The guard] threatened to hit me, saying I am not going anywhere with my child, who was bleeding with a deep wound,” she said.
The argument became physical and was reported to the Queen Mother, resulting in LaDube’s eviction, according to the newspaper.
Her three children remain at the palace.
Swaziland Solidarity Network, a pro-democracy umbrella organisation, condemned LaDube’s “inhumane” separation from her children.
It said the eviction had in fact been ordered by the king because of earlier infidelity allegations against LaDube.

Swazi king's wife kicked out

Swaziland to ban anti-Mswati tweets
Swaziland plans to crack down on criticism of King Mswati III by making it illegal to bad-mouth Africa's last absolute monarch on Facebook and Twitter, the justice minister said on Friday. "We will be tough on those who write bad things about the king on Twitter and Facebook. We want to set an example," Justice Minister Mgwagwa Gamedze told the senate.

Really bad idea. Over-censorship is the first nail in the coffin of any system.

Swazi king’s 6th wife absconds, citing years of abuse
King of Swaziland's sixth wife leaves palace over abuse
The sixth wife of Swazi King Mswati III has left the royal compound, the Swaziland Solidarity Network has said. “She left the royal household on Saturday night, citing many years of emotional and physical abuse by her husband as the reason for her departure,” the network said yesterday. Angela “LaGija” Dlamini had been unhappy for a long time and had thought of leaving for many years, a royal guard had told the network. She left the palace to visit her parents in Hhohho, northern Swaziland. From there, she disappeared.

Rules like in the Middle Ages in this country!

:previous:
Maybe that's about to change? I sense wind of changes for Swaziland.

Swazi king not that popular
The first known public opinion poll ever taken in Swaziland on governance issues puts to rest the myth that King Mswati is universally beloved by the Swazi people. “King Mswati’s people insist he has the following among Swazis of a religious leader like the pope. The Gallup poll disproves that. It shows 43 percent of Swazis disapprove of the way he is leading the country,” said Alison Thwala, a political observer in Manzini. A Gallup poll taken of 1 000 adult Swazis found that 56 percent of Swazis approve of Mswati’s performance – a stark contrast with the universal support the Swazi royal family claims to enjoy and which it takes as its mandate to run Swaziland as an absolute monarchy.

Inkhosikati LaMbikiza, 'First Lady' Of Swaziland, Is Our New Style Queen (PHOTOS)
We have to copy and paste her name to get it right, but Inkhosikati LaMbikiza is worth it: the Swaziland royal is a serious style queen.

While King Mswati III of Swaziland has multiple wives as per Swazi cultural tradition, Inkhosikati (Queen) LaMbikiza is seen most often representing her country alongside her husband at diplomatic events. That includes the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, which brought King Mswati III and Inkhosikati LaMbikiza to England this past weekend to fete Queen Elizabeth II's sixtieth year on the throne.

I don't want to be mean, but the words "style" and "Inkhosikati LaMbikiza" should not appear in the same sentence again.
Then again, the whole world is literally talking about her, so who's having the last laugh? :rolleyes:

I think her dress probably reflects their culture. Maybe she thinks the others dressed wierd,

I think her dress probably reflects their culture. Maybe she thinks the others dressed wierd,

I really doubt any of her fellow citizens would have enough money to spend to look that bad. If you look at her fellow southern Africa queen consort, the Queen of Lesotho, there is an extreme difference in style and taste.

I didn't know whether to be angry or embarrassed for Queen Swazi. At first I thought her attire was some sort of in-joke that none of us were IN on. :eek:

Were those feathered platform shoes by Christian Louboutin? It looked like it. In fact, I am sure every unfortunate thing she wore cost major $$$$.

Artemisia said:
I don't want to be mean, but the words "style" and "Inkhosikati LaMbikiza" should not appear in the same sentence again.
Then again, the whole world is literally talking about her, so who's having the last laugh? :rolleyes:

OMG... She looks a hot mess. If I were the Queen I wouldn't allow her to stand next to me!! LoL

She was a total mess. As I said yesterday in another thread --- if your husband is going to loot the. country's treasury the least you can do is spend some $$$$ on a stylist from Paris not the Wal Mart hall of fame

She was a total mess. As I said yesterday in another thread --- if your husband is going to loot the. country's treasury the least you can do is spend some $$$$ on a stylist from Paris not the Wal Mart hall of fame
in her case that would be the wall of shame, although I am pretty sure she raided the entire WalMart prom queen/bridesmaid section for this weekend. His other wife dressed much better at Williams wedding.

So how many wives does he have now? Between wives running away and new ones being added it is hard to keep track.

The king currently has fourteen wives and 23 children. His wives are:
- Inkhosikati LaMatsebula (ritual wife)
- Inkhosikati LaMotsa (ritual wife)
- Inkhosikati LaMbikiza
- Inkhosikati LaNgangaza
- Inkhosikati LaHwala (she's the one that left the King and their two children in 2004 and currently lives in South Africa; they are still married though)
- Inkhosikati LaMagwaza (left the King and their two daughters in 2004, after having an affair. Married to a South African now but, as far as I know, she never actually legally divorced from Mswati)
- Inkhosikati LaMasango
- Inkhosikati LaGija (she is rumoured to have left the King and their daughter in 2012)
- Inkhosikati LaMagongo
- Inkhosikati LaMahlangu (she was the one that was pretty much abducted from school in 2002 and whose mother demanded her return. Since then, she has had two children with the King and is now his official wife)
- Inkhosikati LaNtentesa
- Inkhosikati LaDube (she had an affair with the King's friend and was ordered to leave the palace, and her three children, in 2011. She is still legally the King's wife though)
- Inkhosikati LaNkambule (the King married her in 2007, when she was 17 - in violation of the laws which he himself promoted, which forbade marrying woman under the age of 18)
- An unnamed 14th wife who still has no children *

* Strictly speaking, he has thirteen wives and one bride. According to Swazi tradition, the King can only legally marry his fiancée until after she has fallen pregnant. Until the time, she is called "liphovela" or "bride". As far as it is known, his last wife hasn't given birth to a child yet, meaning she is still technically his bride.

Last edited:
Has this thread or any other discussed the issues of politics and corruption in Swaziland? Or is this restricted to talk of the actual royal family?

Prince Mfanasibili of Swaziland, a nephew of King Sobhuza II, passed away:
Observer

I don't know if I am on the right place but we saw on VTM that a Princess of Zimbabue will marry in August a Belgian flemish commoner.
They have already 3 Chldren and own 3 castles in France !

Thanks to the Board for correcting.

https://www.enca.com/africa/king-mswati-wants-divorce-banned-in-swaziland

"Divorce is likely to be banned in Swaziland. King Mswati III has told religious leaders at the weekend that it is against culture to divorce.
He’s instructed them to inform citizens that there will be no pulling out from marriage, once it takes place."

"An ordinary man with a passion for basketball has found his way into the heart of King Mswati III’s eldest daughter, Princess Sikhanyiso (30), but he must dig deep in his pockets to marry her."

300 cows for royal bride | News24

Last edited by a moderator:
King Mswati III has taken a 14th wife during this year reed dance whom accompanied him and his children to last week UNGA in New York. His new fiancee is 19 year old Siphelele Mashwama, daughter of Swaziland cabinet minister, Jabulile Mashwama.

According to Palace officials, as soon as she was chosen, she was kept apart according to Swazi traditions

Back
Top Bottom