The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the color and the fit. She is glowing in the pictures - perfect skin, makeup, hair, almost too perfect figure for a pregnant lady. I love how the dress gently hugs her baby bump.

i really liked the dress. she's obviously being very savy with her fashion choices, limiting the amount of how much of her "growing figure" we can see. excellent choice imo, the evasé just after the chestline of the dress achieves that nicely. i very much prefer this dress than the erdem one she chose some days ago in manchester. much classier!

I don't like this on her I preferred the Erdem and I think the cut across the bodice is ill fitting I do however love the colour on her and am very grateful she has done something with her hair.

Lovely! Her best appearance among her last appearances.
Everything is perfect on her today.

The dress is a beautiful colour and suits Catherine well, though I did prefer the Erdem dress she had on a few days ago.

At times, I have to say, I do find it a bit frightening how much Catherine (and Sophie etc.) spend on clothes. My outgoings a month are well over £1000 a month and that's before food and petrol and she spends near enough that on a dress! I know it's their wealth (or William's and Edward's in their cases) and it's who they married to. Perhaps I am a bit jealous, haha!

As long as a person spends their own money I don't care what they spend on clothes. I might not do it myself (even if I could) but it's their money. Spending the public's money is different though.

LaRae

I like the color and the fabric of the dress, I even like the style, but I agree that whoever sewed the dress should be flogged. Seriously, all the bunching and puckering at the waist is just awful. It's even worse from the back . . . . . . .
I read that this dress was a bespoke Wickstead design . . . and that it cost quite a lot. Don't get me wrong, this cost of any item of clothing that Catherine cares to wear is her business. What really ticks me off is the shabby finish of this garment. Good grief, I could do as well if not better and you had better believe that the sewing machine is not my best friend.

I love the gorgeous colour of the heavy textured crepe. Catherine positively glowed in it and pairing it with the Sanderson shoes was a master stroke. Elegant but not too high. The design was certainly interesting with it's high front neckline, low squared back and the gentle gathering both back and front.

I also liked the way Catherine had styled her hair to allow a really good look at both her face and her jewellery. And for those that care, the length was perfect. With her length of leg she can on occasion look a bit gangly if the skirt is too short.

From a distance she looked fabulous, she hit all the marks. Everything looked great, her hair, jewellery, colour and style of garment, length of skirt and elegance of shoes but the entire ensemble was ruined by the poor workmanship. If she paid what that dress was rumored to have cost for that street market finish she needs her head read.

The seams on the dress are distracting but all in all I think she looks wonderful.

LOVE the color and style....but can someone at the palace (or Wills) please spring to have some alterations done on her dresses so they fit properly...this seems to be an ongoing issue.

LaRae

To be fair, a woman's body can change so much during pregnancy; what fit perfectly yesterday can be a bit off today!

On the whole, though, Kate looks lovely.
I would like to see her wear more jewelery, at least a pin or bracelet or something. She mostly just sticks to earrings (and that sapphire ring).

To be fair, a woman's body can change so much during pregnancy; what fit perfectly yesterday can be a bit off today!

I do think this is a case of Kate having a growth spurt and the chest and back pulling more than having been allowed. I think the gathering at the empire waist was intended to allow for baby growth.

Having said that, I have not been impressed with Emilia Wickstead's finishing on earlier non-maternity pieces... either the pink dress she wore to the sovereign's luncheon and garden party (I thought that pulled as well) or the yellow dress Kate wore in Scotland last year (which just looked homemade and unfinished). I did like the green st patricks day dress in both incarnations - maybe it is fabric selection - the heavier fabric seemed to lay better.

Gorgeous! The seams do look a bit odd but the overall look is great. :)

I like the cut and the colors but I don't like the print. Too busy for me.

I also thought that the print was a bit busy, but overall I like the dress (I've always liked Erdem). Her shoes are nice too.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/24/article-2314264-19778B1C000005DC-328_306x733.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/24/article-2314264-1977956A000005DC-329_634x714.jpg

Finally a 'maternity dress', great colour but as others have already pointed out, the craftsmanship leaves a lot to be desired.

I love the colour of this dress, I remember seeing photos of Sophie and Camilla wearing a similar shade of blue. I also like her shoes and earrings; however, I don't particularly like the seam.

Last edited:

On the whole, though, Kate looks lovely.
I would like to see her wear more jewelery, at least a pin or bracelet or something. She mostly just sticks to earrings (and that sapphire ring).

Today's dress would have been a perfect backdrop for the Cartier necklace.

Kate is in a white dress with black dots and a black jacket.

I guess it is a Marc Jacobs dress.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like all her choices but the blue dress is the best one! It looks perfect on her!

Polka dot dress is cute...but too short (again).

LaRae

Last edited:
I love the polka dots dress! I don´t mind if it´s too short. She´s still young and has the legs to wear it. ;)
She looks lovely!

I love the dress as I love polka dots and I am glad it's from Topshop, though I do hate that shop, but at least it's affordable for her fans. It goes well with the jacket and shoes.

I love her hair and I want it on my head right now! She is looking much fuller these days, particularly around her face. It's healthy.

I know that everyone is saying that its Topshop but when you look at the Topshop dropped waistband, I just dont see how it could be.

Also, just seen a pix of Catherine with JKRowling and JKR is wearing ..... white with black dots!

Catherine may have altered it herself, or had someone alter it for her. That dress is of course, sold out. Might pop into my local topshop and see if I can get it. :flowers:

Said JK Rowling polka dot dres - http://lovelyroyals.tumblr.com/image/48923071777

I LOVE this Polka dot dress, I always liked cute dresses with pregnant women, makes them look younger, cute and adorable! The Jacket, shoes and the bag goes well with the dress, you can never go wrong with Black&White.

Isn't that Jacket the one she wore the day after their wedding with the blue dress? It looks the same.

It has been an amazing week for Catherine, the upcoming summer weather allowed Catherine to wear free-coat styles, dresses suits her most while she's pregnant.

Last edited:
Wow, that is the firt time, where she is really looking "heavy pregnant". Is it the colour?
Funny - or a drama (???) - that she was nearly wearing the same as JKRowling, hihi, dots on dots.
BYe Bine

Cute polka dot dress today - and nice combo with the jacket. Cause of the weight issue of the fabric the dress did appear quite short at times. But i do like todays look on Kate - i'd say she maybe got the Topshop dress altered slightly and it seems an appropiate choice considering it was slightly more informal environment with children from their charities. She did i thought look tired - its been a long week of engagements and speeches for her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom