Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was born in December 2007, so not 11 years old yet (she is growing fast, puberty started earlier for her I believe). They were married in 2004.:flowers:

She’s ten?! She’s the same as James, Viscount Severn who is also born in December 2007 and he still looks like a little boy (and rightly so). She is maturing extremely fast.

She’s ten?! She’s the same as James, Viscount Severn who is also born in December 2007 and he still looks like a little boy (and rightly so). She is maturing extremely fast.
She is, I was shocked when I saw pictures of her last year, not only she is the same age as James but she was also born in the same year of Infanta Sofia, Princess Ariane and Princess Isabella. Jalila is the youngest but the most grown up of them all. But perhaps she is growing fast but she will also stop growing early on.

I must say I love Elisabeth's pants, and top. Both great look on her :flowers:

I love that Elisabeth gets to dress as a modern teenage woman, instead of the old fashioned 'princess' dress we often see. Nice mix with her.

I love that Elisabeth gets to dress as a modern teenage woman, instead of the old fashioned 'princess' dress we often see. Nice mix with her.
Her parents have accepted she is growing up and it looks like her wardrobe is going to reflect it. Her ensemble is a stunning start. I love the style of her top and adore her trousers. More important is the slightly messy, on trend, hairstyle.

I would prefer her to have the old-fashioned 'princess' look. She dresses too casually to me, but the Belgian royal family seems to be rather informal.

And, as noted by other posters, Elisabeth's hair is always messy.

Her parents have accepted she is growing up and it looks like her wardrobe is going to reflect it. Her ensemble is a stunning start. I love the style of her top and adore her trousers. More important is the slightly messy, on trend, hairstyle.

Which is great considering how much old fashion they seem to be and how conservative Elisabeth and her sibling have been dressed during their childhood.

I would prefer her to have the old-fashioned 'princess' look. She dresses too casually to me, but the Belgian royal family seems to be rather informal.

I guess as long as 'a woman needs to be in a skirt to look dressed up' prevails, a puffy princess dress meant for a 10 year old would be more appropriate.

There is nothing casual about the look. Its a lovely dress top, that if matched with a skirt, no one would blink.

I for one am glad for a royal house that doesn't think a teenager needs to wear saddle shoes, colored tights, and pinafore dresses till adulthood.

I guess as long as 'a woman needs to be in a skirt to look dressed up' prevails, a puffy princess dress meant for a 10 year old would be more appropriate.

There is nothing casual about the look. Its a lovely dress top, that if matched with a skirt, no one would blink.

Why not match it with a skirt then rather than those awful, baggy pants ? Maybe it is just my personal taste, but she would have looked much better.

Elisabeth is a beautiful young lady. There is no need to make her look like the girl next door when she can stand out. She is old enough to dress up without the risk of looking like a little princess.

She goes for the old-fashion way on more formal occasions, such as the National Day. But this is not a formal occasion. She's quite smart imo.

As for her hair, she has wavy hair in the first picture, they are all tidy and beautifully styled. In the second picture they look messy, but I saw from the tv broadcasting that she just removed her hair from her face..that happens to me all the time, we have the same kind of haircut.

Why not match it with a skirt then rather than those awful, baggy pants ? Maybe it is just my personal taste, but she would have looked much better.

Elisabeth is a beautiful young lady. There is no need to make her look like the girl next door when she can stand out. She is old enough to dress up without the risk of looking like a little princess.

There are pictures from outside the theatre and I can tell you she really stands out with those trousers, her legs look so long. And it's a pretty fashionable looks while keeping it fresh. A skirt would have aged her imo, no matter the cut.

I don't have a problem with Elisabeth's style. Her style is a perfect in-between tween and young adult look. She's too old now to wear princess coats and Mary Janes but is too young to wear more adult clothes; so her outfit at the music competition - as well as her other outfits - are a great combination of the two. It appears that Elisabeth is allowed to choose her own outfits now as, like other posters have pointed out, her own fashion sense is being reflected through her choices. Whilst her outfit tonight is not my personal cup of tea I don't see anything wrong with it from the point of view of what should be appropriate - and I can imagine that if Mathilde has a stylist she would run Elisabeth's outfits by her to check out how fitting they are for the event so Elisabeth probably got the all-clear from the stylist or Mathilde herself for tonight.

Louise is looking great at the horse show; and Jalila is so grown up now! Hard to believe she's 10.

Ya'll say "messy" and I say "tousled." At her age, that's appropriate, IMO.

Elisabeth looks great to me. I don’t really like the outfit itself but it suits her age and the occasion well.

Her hair has been styled but in a natural way. I actually like the fact that it hasn’t been totally beaten into submission with endless product, straightening, sprays, etc. Her make up is also age appropriate. She looks like a naturally attractive teenager who’s well groomed but not trying to look like a model at a photoshoot.

I'm not liking this outfit on Elisabeth. She would look stunning in any dress. But instead, she wore wide legged pants with busy prints just like her mother.

There is nothing wrong the clothes itself, it just makes Elisabeth look so much older and too reminding of Mathilde's style instead of a teenage girl.

Last edited:
Love the outfits of Elisabeth and Louise (especially L's jacket and E's pants).

I don't think the young generation will “dress like a princess” anymore and they don't have to.

Elisabeth is only in her teens and will probably surpass Queen Mathilde's height of 5'10". She has the longest legs ever, a perfect complexion, and is going to be a beauty. I think her outfit is fine.

As for the princess's hair, she has a lot of it but it seems to be of a very fine texture. That kind of hair does not hold well...I know what I am talking about...and that might be why it looks "messy" at times.

She is, I was shocked when I saw pictures of her last year, not only she is the same age as James but she was also born in the same year of Infanta Sofia, Princess Ariane and Princess Isabella. Jalila is the youngest but the most grown up of them all. But perhaps she is growing fast but she will also stop growing early on.
Mediterannean / Southern girls grow up faster, they enter quickly into puberty, maybe the surrounding push them more easily into being dressed like little women.

Mediterannean / Southern girls grow up faster, they enter quickly into puberty, maybe the surrounding push them more easily into being dressed like little women.
That's true. My cousin is 14 years old and she looks so grown up, sometimes she looks older than me...and I'm 27 years old (but maybe that's because I'm young looking, people always thinks I'm 19/20 years old). But yes, I think here women grow up faster than usual.
And even though Jalila looks so grown up, she is rather small in height yet. Infanta Sofia is much way taller than her, though with younger features.

I think all is the question of genes.

Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus during the National Day celebrations today, May 17 - Ingrid Alexandra had lovely curls and Sverre Magnus changed from the traditional costume to a suit like his father did:

** Skaugum ** Sverre Magnus ** Ingrid Alexandra ** Oslo **

LOVE the freckles on Ingrid Alexandra-another next gen beauty among European royals!

I love the matching looks for Estelle and Oscar - now they really do look like two little peas in a pod!

The Norwegian children (well, Ingrid Alexandra isn't really a child anymore, she's growing up so much lately) look wonderful in their traditional dress as they do every May 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom