Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today's outfit blows the dark colours and winter theme. Perhaps after the below freezing conditions in Oslo over the weekend, it feels like spring in Denmark - so out with the pastels again!

The only mistake she has made in this pregnancy so far was her hair at the presentation of the Anti-bully thing, where she wore the gorgeous red coat, and the entire outfit and jewelry at the Chineese Concert IMO.

i think she's improving in her clothes, and a lot.

rchainho said:
i think she's improving in her clothes, and a lot.

are you comparing both pregnancies or just her second? what do you mean improving? I respect your opinion and i do agree that she does have some good & bad outfits.:)

You can hardly tell she is pregnant in a lot of outfits she wears...I wish I could have said the same for me when i was preganant!!!

I too thinks she wore nicer outfits during her first pregnancy but that's my opinion.

Piaa said:
I too thinks she wore nicer outfits during her first pregnancy but that's my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly. Her hair is wash & wear, her style is 'let's hide it with lots of very dark clothing'. Altogether a much less 'upbeat' look than her last pregnancy. :sad:

I don't know, perhaps she is just maturing, but I have the awful feeling that she is conforming to the "Crown Princess Syndrome". No wonderful fashion statements, no terrific whimsy or style, just very, very ordinary! :ohmy:

I hope it is just a passing phase, but Letizia succumbed almost immediately after her marriage (her last hurrah being Mary's Wedding). Mary looks like she is loosing the battle, it just took a little longer. :wacko:

I hope it is just a passing phase. I miss my glorious "Mary". :flowers:

Last edited:
I think it is important to remember that in Denmark it is winter and during this time of year, one doesn't wear light dresses.

During winter one tends to wear darker clothes. One just has to go to the store, and see that usually the color patterns for fall and winter are darker colors while for the spring and summer pastels become the fashion.

I think Mary looks impeccable as always.

Mary's first pregnancy was during spring/summer therefore she could show it off more by wearing chiffon skirts & dresses but this time round it winter & almost everything is in dark colors & heavy clothing too

Mary has worn dark evening dresses before, but they weren't as shapless and middle-aged as her last outing in Oslo. :ohmy:

MARG said:
Mary has worn dark evening dresses before, but they weren't as shapless and middle-aged as her last outing in Oslo. :ohmy:

Yes i agree, they dont seem to do her any justice. During her 1st pregnancy she almost seemed 'prouder' of her bump, this time it's almost as if she is hiding it. Also, even though it is winter she could still wear more vibrant colours like purples, magentas, blues, reds etc. which would all look wonderful in warmer fabrics.

I agree, mostly about the dress she wore in Oslo .:wacko: It was beatiful with the fur coat on, but witout it :wacko: Shapeless, and not very MARY --

MissSaga said:
I agree, mostly about the dress she wore in Oslo .:wacko: It was beatiful with the fur coat on, but witout it :wacko: Shapeless, and not very MARY --

abdloutley agree. i think sometimes she does not dress her self & sometimes i think she can do better without trying to hard. It seems this way round she has been trying to cover her pregnancy.
The dress worn in Oslo was very not Mary & that imo was one of her worst dresses thought it was nice, it did not suit her at all. anyways, she still can pull of some better looks in the coming days.

I don't like her last black dress which she wore in Oslo.

As a mother of three, I can assure you what Mary is doing this pregnancy is totally normal...I also think the seasons have something to do with it...Lighter and brighter in summer with Christian and darker and heavier in winter this time around...

It is normal because with your first you are prouder, you do want to show it off more...Hey I am fertile, check me out, I am having a baby!!!

The second time it is...yeah I have done this before, I am tired because I am trying to look after myself and a baby...my body has changed and I want to cover it up a bit more...and you just want to be comfortable and unfortunately when you are pregnant, comfortable usually means baggy, non-restrictive, elastic waists ;)

So first pregnancies are usually more showier and brighter and figure hugging, whereas second pregnancies are tiring, looser and darker...Mary is just being human for all the world to see and comment on...

a picture from today 06.03.2007. a white recycled coat with black trimming & black pants & a black top with a black pashmina - picture

Last edited:
white coat with black trimming. worn 6 times
These are the dates & events the coats was worn at by JessRulz post here

Mary has worn this coat 6 times now:
1. Worn during the Australian visit in 2005
2. Worn at the opening of a new cancer research centre in April 2005
3. Worn at the Save the Children rock concert in August 2005
4. Worn in October 2006
5. Worn at the Christmas concert in December 2006

worn 3 times in this post
again in this post, posted by socal girl - click here ( no date posted)
the the fifth time in december 2006, picture
and the sixth time on March 6, 2007 - picture

March 7, 2007 a great printed coat with a little navy blue dress underneth.
coat
can see part of the dress & sleeves - picture
(pictures from DRW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't her dress a dark purple? Violet, perhaps?
The point is, she looks lovely! I like her hair. Pulled back with a head band. Really retro looking!

I am loving Mary fashion in this second pregnancy. The new hair ut make her look more young.

I agree that the season plays THE part in the type of clothing anyone wears and I think Mary has looked really very lovely during this pregnancy but for the hair cut which I am now sure I don't like and the strange grey headband a couple of days ago . I love the coats she has recycled and I did like the suit with the headband. All in all I think she has done well.

Spring will start soon in Denmark if not already started & Mary is not due for another month or so. So i think we would be seeing her in a few more outfits which would be spring outfits, colorful & softer material etc ...

dazzling said:
Spring will start soon in Denmark if not already started & Mary is not due for another month or so. So i think we would be seeing her in a few more outfits which would be spring outfits, colorful & softer material etc ...
Yes, Spring has already started in Denmark .

At last she is wearing some colour! Mary looks very radiant this pregnancy

March 20, 2007, posted on DRW - picture
this is a very elegent outfit, great soft, fresh nutrel colors.

Alisa said:
-Embroidered skirt

1.First worn at Vejle Cancer councelling center and hospice
2. Worn in Virum
cpssinvirum8260591ga.th.jpg

skirt worn for the third time March 20, 2007
Printed jacket worn twice before Pic 1 & pic 2 (both pic's posted by Alisa)

March 20, 2007 - picture (originally posted by MissSaga)

A beige coat recycled for the second time, worn fisrt time during her first pregnancy

First pregnancy
March 9, 2007

True isn't it? Funny how we tend to label items used for a special day or occasion with the title of what they were used for.
Well, I'm glad she's a great recycler. Great example for all of us! And she's lucky her feet have not gotten swollen yet...or those shoes would not have fit! I wonder what her secret is???

No, i don't like the white march 16th outfit, however, the 18th march one is stunning!

dazzling said:
March 20, 2007, posted on DRW - picture
this is a very elegent outfit, great soft, fresh nutrel colors.

For someone who is showing like she is, Mary looks fabulous! Great spring outfit that would work whether she was pregnant or not.

Can you just imagine the kind of consignment shop these Royal women could have with their older dresses and maternity wear? Of course all the Royal fiends would snap everything up for preservation and price those who might actually use the clothes right out of the market!

Suonymona said:
For someone who is showing like she is, Mary looks fabulous! Great spring outfit that would work whether she was pregnant or not.

Mary is a lucky women, many would want to look as good as she does, im assuming anything she'd wear at this stage will look great, her outfits have been very well fitted & she has avoided maternity wear imo. she looks great as always, her last outfit was very spring, the mix match was done well !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom