The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen121419 View Post
I don't like the coat even if it is Prada and in any case, it it too short, for this event at least. Then again, if I was 5 or 6? months pregnant with twins I would wear whatever I darn well pleased! She is looking great!
Pregnant or not she's still a Crown Princess, so no, she cannot wear whatever she wants. And what she is wearing is inappropriate, as it's way too short.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Pregnant or not she's still a Crown Princess, so no, she cannot wear whatever she wants. And what she is wearing is inappropriate, as it's way too short.
Only inappropriate in your book, not here. She looked gorgeous and appropriate for the occasion.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Only inappropriate in your book, not here. She looked gorgeous and appropriate for the occasion.
Where is here?
And no, not in my book. According to the code. Since when mini dresses / skirts are appropriate for Crown Princesses? And whatever she is having under that coat is shorter than knee length (as the coat itself IS shorter than knee lenght and whatever she has under is not even showing below the bottom line of the coat), therefore it's sort of a mini dress / skirt.
Second, she looks appropriate for what occasion? Not for the one she was wearing it for... I highly doubt it's an appropriate thing to wear a short dress / skirt for the opening of the Parliament which seems to be a formal and serious occasion. Therefore she is not dresses appropriate for an occasion.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

Well the coat from the pictures looks very busy. I am sure in person it is lovely. I did really like the shoes and the handbag. I am not sure with the coat, again pictures can be off. By the way I like Mary, I actually like most everyone. I may not always like always what they wear but that doesn't mean I don't like the Princess(s).
Old 10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Mary is covered from neck to wrist and people are squabbling over 2cms of hemline? I think it is appropriate because it looks similar to all the other boucle frock coats she has worn to previous openings of Parliament...Think about it, the royal party sits in an elevated position in the chamber...maybe the crusty ol' pollies get a kick out of looking up and seeing the Princess's pins Seriously, they have to get their thrill somewhere, politics is a bit dry...

And maybe the bone should not be picked with Mary because i do notice her hemlines have been rising consistently lately...So maybe it is an across the board on trend length currently being embraced by ALL designers...or maybe it is the fact that Mary is pregnant and as the smallest part of her waist rises, the more her dresses/coats rise in proportion to compensate?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Mary is covered from neck to wrist and people are squabbling over 2cms of hemline?
Agreed! The way some people are carrying on, you would think that her underwear was on show!

Quote:
the royal party sits in an elevated position in the chamber...maybe the crusty ol' pollies get a kick out of looking up and seeing the Princess's pins
Actually, no one could look up and see CP Mary's legs. And the focus was on her baby bump than her legs!
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100523.jpg

Quote:
maybe it is the fact that Mary is pregnant and as the smallest part of her waist rises, the more her dresses/coats rise in proportion to compensate?
Yes, the baby bump is taking up some space in the stomach area. And so far, the clothes that Mary has chosen to wear as "maternity" clothing can be reused when she isn't pregnant.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Where is here?
And no, not in my book. According to the code. Since when mini dresses / skirts are appropriate for Crown Princesses? And whatever she is having under that coat is shorter than knee length (as the coat itself IS shorter than knee lenght and whatever she has under is not even showing below the bottom line of the coat), therefore it's sort of a mini dress / skirt.
Second, she looks appropriate for what occasion? Not for the one she was wearing it for... I highly doubt it's an appropriate thing to wear a short dress / skirt for the opening of the Parliament which seems to be a formal and serious occasion. Therefore she is not dresses appropriate for an occasion.
In Denmark. And that counts more than your book.
And it was hardly a mini dress, that is an exaggeration. Victoria had a similar length at the opening of the Swedish parliament and she looked appropriate as well.

I think you should get over the shock of seeing a pair of shapely knees. Her countrymen find her appropriately dressed; she IS appropriately dressed.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
In Denmark. And that counts more than your book.
And it was hardly a mini dress, that is an exaggeration. Victoria had a similar length at the opening of the Swedish parliament and she looked appropriate as well.

I think you should get over the shock of seeing a pair of shapely knees. Her countrymen find her appropriately dressed; she IS appropriately dressed.

Please, stop with "my book". You know nothing about me or "my book", I find it very rude you mentioning that statement again. Whoever I am, whatever "my book" is, I am still entitled to my own opinion. On whoever is the public figure. And that's what I did.

Let me respond to teh rest of your post.
It was a mini dress / skirt. Coat was short and there was nothing showing from under the bottom line of it. Which simply mean dress / skirt she was wearing under was even shorter.
Victoria's skirt was longer, knee lenght. Yes, it was appropriate.

The fact that you find Mary dressed appropriate, doesn't mean she is. It only means she is dressed approprite according to you. You said "by her countrymen"... You cannot speak for all Danish people, only for yourself.
Are you saying not being Danish I am not allowed to find Mary's outfit inappropriate? I do not think the fact if She was / was not dressed appropriate bis really based on the fact I am not Danish and you are...

And who said I am in shock? I was simply stating my opnion. Minis are NOT appropriate for Crown Princesses. Esp for such occasions.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Minis are NOT appropriate for Crown Princesses. Esp for such occasions.

A mini to me is SHORTER than what Mary is wearing, they come about mid thigh, maybe even 5cm below buttocks...So I think 'mini' is a slight exagerration, don't you? And she is wearing dark, opaque, black tights which is not as shocking as if she were to wear flesh toned hose...I have never seen Mary wear a mini, only above the knee length, that's about how short she feels comfortable wearing (for official duties anyway)

Is done and over,
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Minis are NOT appropriate for Crown Princesses. Esp for such occasions.

A mini to me is SHORTER than what Mary is wearing, they come about mid thigh, maybe even 5cm below buttocks...So I think 'mini' is a slight exagerration, don't you? And she is wearing dark, opaque, black tights which is not as shocking as if she were to wear flesh toned hose...I have never seen Mary wear a mini, only above the knee length, that's about how short she feels comfortable wearing (for official duties anyway)

Is done and over,
They are to you, not to me. I stated my opinion and I find her dress / skirt a kind of a mini. The mini you mentioned is a mini mini, there are different lenghts of minis.

Again, I never said I was in shock, or never mentioned anything was shocking to me. Did not mention her tights. I was talking about the lenght of her dress / skirt. That was all.

Obviously this time Mary felt comfortable in something shorter than only above the knee lenght, as we can easily see in the picures, don't you think?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Courtier

We went through this same type of thing with another CP earlier. Some of us are going to like the outfit, some are not. Mary is a big girl. I think she can make the decision on what she wants to wear. It is getting really bad when we cannot even enjoy these threads anymore with all the bickering going on. Can we please just get back to fashion.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Courtier

It's short, but I really wouldn't call it a mini skirt.
Furtermore she looked really elegant with her black hat and the gloves.
Lovely and very elegant (and appropriate in my opinion) outfit.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Nobility

Thought Mary looked ok, have to say, she has great legs!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
I agree with you. It is a little short, but the outfit isn't inappropriate at all. It's a beautiful look that matches the occasion.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
You wouldn't, I would. Isn't that obvious we have different opinions on what a mini is? And the irony wasn't necessary.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Courtier

IMO the skirt and/or jacket is not too short.
It would have been a different case with lighter panty.

That's what went wrong with Mathilde this week IMO. Light panty + she doesn't have beautiful legs like Mary does.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It's just above knee length, and the Princess is wearing tights what exactly is the problem?

What she's wearing is fine, and looks perfect I personally found it slightly boring but not too short in anyway.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's just above knee length, and the Princess is wearing tights what exactly is the problem?

What she's wearing is fine, and looks perfect I personally found it slightly boring but not too short in anyway.

No, it's not just above the knee lenght. The coat is shorter than the knee lenght therefore the dress / skirt under the coat must be even shorter. The tights are fine, but they do not make the outfit by themselves. I do not think I understand those "she's wearing tights" posts.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No, it's not just above the knee lenght. The coat is shorter than the knee lenght therefore the dress / skirt under the coat must be even shorter.
Why must it be even shorter? It could be the same length?
And you can't see her underwear, Mary isn't showing anything inappropriate so I really don't see what the problem is.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Parliament

That to me is just above Knee length, other princess' have worn "mini" outfits, this is hardly one of them.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why must it be even shorter? It could be the same length?
And you can't see her underwear, Mary isn't showing anything inappropriate so I really don't see what the problem is.

That to me is just above Knee length, other princess' have worn "mini" outfits, this is hardly one of them.

It is shorter, look at those pictures. Esp the last one. It shows how short the dress / skirt under the coat is and it's a bit shorter than just above the knee lenght.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...yborgen_8.ashx
Picture details
Not only not showing underwear makes an outfit inappropriate for a Crown Princess.
This isn't a thread about "other Princesses", this is Mary's thread. I am not comparing her to other Princesses, I am stating my opnion on Mary's outfit she wore for the opening of the Parliament this year. For me it was too short therefeore inappropriate.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion