Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress looks nice but the belt gives it a strange look! Not one of my favorites.

i agree that belt it is awfull

It reminds me of the obi that is worn by a Geisha in Japan. I don't think it is flattering nor do I like the color of the dress. It is just so drab.

October 10, 2010 - Mary in a blue printed dress with a scarf/fabric used as a belt.

The dress does suit her cut & color wise but the scarf looking belt doesn't work for me, the color isn't a nice contrast against the blue nor does it look stylish or elegant.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

I would agree. I dress is pretty and I like the color of it. Looks very nice on her, but the belt really doesn't go.

It reminds me of the obi that is worn by a Geisha in Japan. I don't think it is flattering nor do I like the color of the dress. It is just so drab.
so true!!!
I am agreeing with everyone, nice dress...belt is weird, but I never tire of those diamond earrings!!:p

It's the sash too big and too green love the dress and the colour for evening.

Last edited:
I don't like anything about that outfit. The dress is too busy for me, don't like prints, and the belt / sash doesn't look good with it. All in all I do not like what Mary is wearing today.

October 10, 2010 - Mary in a blue printed dress with a scarf/fabric used as a belt.

The dress does suit her cut & color wise but the scarf looking belt doesn't work for me, the color isn't a nice contrast against the blue nor does it look stylish or elegant.

I don't think the scarf is needed but I like the outfit as a whole :)

I absolutely love the dress and the designer!

I agree that this is a nice dress but I don´t think it suits Mary. Now that her waist is gone the thinnest part of her torso is between the bust and the bump. This dress hides that completely with the big belt so she looks much bulkier than necessary. No mean feat for someone as slim as she is.

am to see Princess Mary as a fairy or a queen of heaven so I love to see it in light colors Like the white and pink they are already great

I don't like this dress... I first thought the belt was added by Mary herself, but now that I see that it's actually part of the dress I really don't like it.
It's a pity, because without the green belt thing it could have been a lovely dress.

I really don't think it is as bad as everyone is making out...I think it is interesting and I guess that is why Mary likes it, her taste is ecletic and unusual at times...And her colour combining is sometimes to much for normal people to bear...but I like the green and grey...

I really don't think it is as bad as everyone is making out...I think it is interesting and I guess that is why Mary likes it, her taste is ecletic and unusual at times...And her colour combining is sometimes to much for normal people to bear...but I like the green and grey...

Everybody have different taste, Mary likes it, you do too, some of us do as well, some of us don't. That doesn't make the outfit bad.

What do you mean by "normal people"?

And the combination of green and grey is very common, I wear it quite often. Nothing unusual about it.

Well I like the color combination. It is a beautiful dress... but I don't know how I feel about the bow. It's a nice detail though.

Great eye, Terri!! It doe seem strange, doesn't it? lol

Publicly, yes. She may have worn it privately in 2005 while pregnant with Prince Christian. Of course she could have also worn it privately in late 2006 or early 2007 as she didn't wear it publicly during her pregnancy with Princess Isabella either. CP Mary sure is getting maximum use out of her old maternity clothes.

Who exactly knows what or who Mary's sources are for her clothes...Me personally, I don't think she buys all her stuff and she is surrounded by stylish and wealthy friends who can afford such clothes and then when they are finished with them might pass them on to Mary...and vice versa
Possible scenario: it is Caroline Heering's old maternity dresses, her daughters are older, I don't know, 8 years and 6 years, Caroline is not having more children, has a wardrobe spring clean and and Mary's LIW thinks that particular dress might work on Mary and passes it on, and Mary wears it 5 years after it was shown on the catwalks ...So maybe she didn't buy it 5 years ago, maybe it wasn't hers to begin with...These are all the things i like to know about Mary's clothes, their provenance and how she came to acquire them...?

:previous: I don't think that Mary would wear anything passed on to her...if anything she might pass clothes on to her sisters or friends. Or give them to charities. Her husband is wealthy enough to clothe her adequately. :)

I don't even think wealth has anything to do with it...I think it is more practicality and common sense...Why, if one of Mary's friends, had an awesome designer dress, would they NOT offer it to Mary and why would she NOT wear it...Where is the shame in that? I think Mary is not too proud to accept this kind of token from friends...

I don't even think wealth has anything to do with it...I think it is more practicality and common sense...Why, if one of Mary's friends, had an awesome designer dress, would they NOT offer it to Mary and why would she NOT wear it...Where is the shame in that? I think Mary is not too proud to accept this kind of token from friends...

Oh no shame at all, under normal circumstances. I just don't think the the Crown Princess of Denmark would care to be photographed in a dress that her friend had owned and also might have been photographed wearing. And perhaps even the reverse might be true.

Oh no shame at all, under normal circumstances. I just don't think the the Crown Princess of Denmark would care to be photographed in a dress that her friend had owned and also might have been photographed wearing. And perhaps even the reverse might be true.

Yes, I do not think it would be something anyone would like to happen, esp if one is a publiuc, well know figure like Mary is.

I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)

Well, maybe she wore it before, we may just don't know about it. I highly doubt we are able to follow Mary's, or any Princesses for that matter, dress / skirt / blouse etc. Just seems impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certenly I don't think her friends would pass her maternity cloths or anyother kind for the fact she can afford to buy anything she wants and still i am sure she gets a lot of presents form the companies, just tu make publicity from them! a lot of times she might not like the cloths but when you got it asa present she might use it anyway even if she doesn't like it!

What is the big deal about being seen in the same outfit as someone else? It's ridiculous, if Mary buys off the rack designer clothes, which she does, and mixes with a particular echelon of people that can afford these clothes also, it stands to reason that it will show up on someone else...Most famous case in point, the purple evening gown with wraparound satiny sashes worn by Sarah Ferguson, then shows up on Mary who wears it more than once, you all must know the dress I am referring to?

I am not saying Sarah gave Mary the dress, no, no...but just to make my point that Mary has been seen in a dress photographed on someone else (famous) before her and it is obviously not an issue for Mary...so wearing a hand-me-down from a friend less photographed than her, would not present any problem as far as I'm concerned...

And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it, surely it is not an important issue to take so seriously...Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...

Yes, it's just an outfit - there will be another very soon!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom