Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't see why this outfit should look inappropriate. In my opinion there are "mini" skirts and dresses that look elegant and some that look just simply not appropriate. Since the whole look is very elegant I don't see anything wrong with the length of the coat.

It is shorter, look at those pictures. Esp the last one. It shows how short the dress / skirt under the coat is and it's a bit shorter than just above the knee lenght.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Parliament
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...elige/2010/Mary Folketinget/Maryborgen_8.ashx
Picture details
Not only not showing underwear makes an outfit inappropriate for a Crown Princess.
This isn't a thread about "other Princesses", this is Mary's thread. I am not comparing her to other Princesses, I am stating my opnion on Mary's outfit she wore for the opening of the Parliament this year. For me it was too short therefeore inappropriate.

And?
Just because Mary's dress is shorter than her coat makes the outfit "fit".
Nope this isn't a thread about other princess', and you didn't compare her to other Princess' I did. Letizia, Mathilde and Maxima have all worn "mini" outfits that have not worked for them, this "mini" dress which isn't even seen properly, works for her.
Your stating your opinion, and I'm stating mine, Mary's outfit wasn't "mini" in anyway whatsoever and it seems people agree with me.

Why don't we all agree to disagree?

There are certain lengths and styles that some people find appropriate and others find inppropriate. Its life. That's why we have some a range of fashion choices for many to choose from. I think the issue is that some people feel like people pick on certain issues that in the scheme of things aren't that serious because certain posters dislike Mary.

That is their right to dislike Mary or the way she dresses or whatever. Or it could be the simple reason that they think the dress is too short. Some people are from the old school belief that coats shouldn't be longer than the dress beneath it. That is also their right. I personally don't wear coats that are longer than my dress...but that is just me. If I have on a dress or a short skirt, I will put on a longer coat. Its just personal preference.

So why don't we just call a truce? Its all making me Zonkers! I couldn't resist :whistling:

Last edited:
And?
Just because Mary's dress is shorter than her coat makes the outfit "fit".
Nope this isn't a thread about other princess', and you didn't compare her to other Princess' I did. Letizia, Mathilde and Maxima have all worn "mini" outfits that have not worked for them, this "mini" dress which isn't even seen properly, works for her.
Your stating your opinion, and I'm stating mine, Mary's outfit wasn't "mini" in anyway whatsoever and it seems people agree with me.

And what? Don't understand the "And?" question.

"Fit" how? Shorter dress / skirt than the coat makes it appropriate? Make is what? I wasn't talking about the fact her outfit is "fit" or not "fit". I was talking about the appropriateness of it which I don't see by the dress / skirt being shorter than the already short coat.

I don't care who agreed with you, I don't care who disagreed with me. My onion is mine, I am entitled to same and I am entitled to state same. Therefore I did. Who agreed or disagreed with me, not my problem, really. "People", like you said, are different, and I saw posts stating the outfit was too short.

Okay...its time to move on.

IMHO, this issue has gone on long enough. I think we should listen to what Zonk had to say and just agree to disagree.

I really like her shoes. And gloves.
Now question, just because I really don't know: isn't that unsafe to wear heels when 5 months pregnant, esp with twins? I would think your back would hurt? Anyone has any ideas?

Again I think its about personal preference and what your body can do. I would imagine that at some point her feet will start to swell and she will find the shoes uncomfortable. If she can manage to walk in them safely I would think she could continue. If not by month 6, 8 or 9th she might be in flats all the time.

There are some women who were high heels ALL the time. Pregnancy and all. I know of a young lady who wore heels all the time for years...her back eventually gave out and she can't wear them at all now. And she was never pregnant.

Holy Zonkers This Prada coat is so ugly This is something Queen Margrethe should wear !

Again I think its about personal preference and what your body can do. I would imagine that at some point her feet will start to swell and she will find the shoes uncomfortable. If she can manage to walk in them safely I would think she could continue. If not by month 6, 8 or 9th she might be in flats all the time.

There are some women who were high heels ALL the time. Pregnancy and all. I know of a young lady who wore heels all the time for years...her back eventually gave out and she can't wear them at all now. And she was never pregnant.

I love heels and I wear them quite often, but cannot imagine wearing them all the time. When I used to work at the office I had to wear heels 9 hrs a day - a killer! Now it's most half and half - works way better this way. For me at least.

I think Mary will wear her high heel pumps until, as has been stated, her feet and ankles start swelling or she's uncomfortable in heels. As Mary gets further along in her pregnancy, it will be difficult to walk in heel especially with twins. I say the longer she can wear high heels, go for it Mary!

It is shorter, look at those pictures. Esp the last one. It shows how short the dress / skirt under the coat is and it's a bit shorter than just above the knee lenght.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Parliament
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/10/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Mary%20Folketinget/Maryborgen_8.ashx
Picture details
Not only not showing underwear makes an outfit inappropriate for a Crown Princess.
This isn't a thread about "other Princesses", this is Mary's thread. I am not comparing her to other Princesses, I am stating my opnion on Mary's outfit she wore for the opening of the Parliament this year. For me it was too short therefeore inappropriate.

I agree, Mary's outfit is way too short for her age, position and especially occasion. She is the only woman in pics I see in something that short.
I also don't like her coat, it looks like an old auntie outfit.

I agree, Mary's outfit is way too short for her age, position and especially occasion. She is the only woman in pics I see in something that short.
I also don't like her coat, it looks like an old auntie outfit.

Totally agree. IMO a woman of her age and position should consider lowering her hemlines and I think she shoud re-consider the heels at 5month+ pregnant.

(My OWN OPINIONS, before anyone jumps on me :flowers:)

:previous:
I hope your personal opinion equally applies to all the Crown Princesses and Princesses with the exception of the Japanese Imperial House.

It seems that some still can't move on... Btw. I think Mary is old enough to decide on her own how long she wants to wear heels.

I like the top that Mary wore today. Nice colour!

Nordjyske.dk - Billedserier

:previous:
I hope your personal opinion equally applies to all the Crown Princesses and Princesses with the exception of the Japanese Imperial House.

Just curious: why with the exception of the Japanese Imperial House?

It seems that some still can't move on... Btw. I think Mary is old enough to decide on her own how long she wants to wear heels.

A bit pale. I prefer stronger colours.

Last edited by a moderator:
... because the ladies of the aforementioned house are always dressed in a very very conservative manner. Unlike Europeans Crown Princess and Princesses, we have not seen Crown Princess Masako or Princess Kiko wearing dresses or skirts with short hemlines. Even Princess Mako and Princess Kako are said to be dressing quite matronly.

... because the ladies of the aforementioned house are always dressed in a very very conservative manner. Unlike Europeans Crown Princess and Princesses, we have not seen Crown Princess Masako or Princess Kiko wearing dresses or skirts with short hemlines. Even Princess Mako and Princess Kako are said to be dressing quite matronly.

Is that the rule or their personal choice?

Compare them with other women in similar age in Japan und you will see, that they are dressed in a similar way :)

I do not like the coat - too baggy!

I prefer the blouse to be worn like the last time:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZcs/TBsEHn9RdeI/AAAAAAAABXw/May-Z4jtjhQ/s1600/1.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZ...BX4/lAtJTKAn5rk/s1600/04_CP_Danish_royals.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZcs/TBt2aTMyW2I/AAAAAAAABdQ/QcJBVVI5gUw/s1600/1.jpg

It looks better with white skirt.

I think that Mary recycled the shoes today:
Yes I think she wore them a few times now. I also remember seeing them with a purple skirt suit and I think also with white pants.
I don't like the coat, but imo the colour of the top is lovely.

Interesting that P Mary used this top like this, tying the belt right at her belly. I love the color of this top, but she looks a little plain or something. The beads she wore with it the first time would have been nice, or maybe a skirt.

I liked the pink blouse. The skirt was nice too. It's nice to have seen her little child. He's growing faster than I can imagine and he's looking more, more handsome. Always good to see Mary. She's naturally gifted looking. It must take time and aiming to get it right like she.

Me too! Maybe she should have worn it with white pants instead. But now the baby bump is much bigger and it is much cooler weather than when she wore it last, hence the over sized coat.:flowers:
As a side thought, I'm glad she's not going through the latter stages of her pregnancy in the summer. Apparently in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of twin pregnancies, the resting metabolic rate increases during pregnancy and you tend to feel overheated or "hotter" than everyone else. At least she won't have the summer heat to deal with.:lol:

I just don't like her in the apricot she ahd the gown at the New Year's occasion was that this year and it was awful on her IMO and equally I dislike this.

Didn't like New Year's dress either, too orange, not her colour. This one IMO is ok, great for a pregnancy - room to grow!

The blouse looks just as good as worn the first time. I like the color of the blouse with the brown pants. Dont like the coat, looks too baggy/big & more of a knitted blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom