The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Carl Philip and Sofia's first child
Boy 46 67.65%
Girl 22 32.35%
Twins - Boy, Boy 0 0%
Twins - Girl, Girl 0 0%
Twins - Boy, Girl 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Sex, name, godparents and Duchy for Carl-Philip and Sofia's 1st child

As soon as happy news is announced we may start a new thread.

My guesses are:
Boy: Erik Bertil Carl
Girl: Marie Sofia Sara

Duchy: Dalarna

Godparents: Princess Madeleine
Lina Hellqvist
Oscar Magnusson
A female cousin of Sofia
Some friend

Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

My guesses:

Names:
HKH Prinsessan Isabella Silvia Marie Victoria
HKH Prins Carl Erik Daniel Oscar

Duchy: Dalsland

Godparents:
HKH Kronprinsessan Victoria of Sweden
Lina Hellqvist
HKH Prince Manuel of Bavaria
Barbro C. Ehnbom
Jan-Åke Hansson

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Courtier

If a boy:

HRH Prince Carl Erik Bertil of Sweden.

If a girl:

HRH Princess Lilian Silvia Marie of Sweden.

Duchy: Halland.

Godparents:

Prince Daniel of Sweden.
Prince Manuel of Bavaria.
Lina Hellqvist.
A friend of Prince Carl Philip.
A friend of Princess Sofia.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it will be boy: Johan Carl Philip. Duke of Halland.

Godparents: Crown Princess Victoria, Lina Hellqvist, a friend of Sofia from Paradise hotel, Prince CP's colleague, Prince Daniel.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Boy:
(if Victoria doesn't use Carl (or Edmund):) Carl Johan Bertil Erik
(if Victoria use Carl:) Bertil Oscar Gustaf Erik

Girl:
Johanna Silvia Lilian Marie

Duchy:
Dalarna (without a doubt in my mind)

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria
Lina Hellqvist
Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Frida Vesterberg or Madeleine Rahm
Jan-Åke Hansson

Old 10-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A poll has been added to the start of the thread.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Boy, with a very traditional SRF name, such as Carl-Bertil, but definitely Carl as the first name. This is regardless of the name Victoria chooses should she have a boy.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Carl-Something. Perhaps Erik or Oscar, for Sofia's father.

I don't think Victoria will use Carl as a first name, I think she'll leave it for her brother to use for his son (be it this child or a future one).
Old 10-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I do think these two will book the recent trend in the SRF and have a boy first.
For a boy Carl will likely be in there somewhere but it may well be Prince Oscar with a Philip or Erik at long odds for middle names. There are more choices for girls' names and quite a lot of Swedish parents are not choosing traditional ones nowadays. I do like Astrid and Sylvia though, with perhaps Lilly. The godparents will almost certainly include the parents' sisters on both sides.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Just i want if is boy Bertil and if is girl Lilian. Of cource the godparents the only sure are Victoria and one sister of Sofia.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the sound of Prince Carl Oscar Erik Philip
Old 10-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Commoner

I'll have to think some more before I make any guesses.

I just want to point out that a couple of the "Carl Something" suggestions aren't very likely, because of their associations to Swedes. I'm afraid we would poke way too much fun at the poor prince's name.

Carl Bertil = Karl-Bertil Jonsson, the main character in a short film that's been broadcast every Christmas Eve since 1975 in Sweden. Quote a Prince Carl Bertil would have to hear a lot: I've nurtured a communist at my bosom!

Carl Oscar = Karl Oskar in Vilhelm Mobergs "Emigrants" book series, and the musical "Kristina från Duvemåla" that's based on the series. Quote a Prince Carl Oscar would hear a lot: I can't take it anymore, Karl Oskar!

Something like Carl Axel, Carl Hugo, Carl Johan or Carl Ludvig would work just fine though.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Noctis View Post
I'll have to think some more before I make any guesses.

I just want to point out that a couple of the "Carl Something" suggestions aren't very likely, because of their associations to Swedes. I'm afraid we would poke way too much fun at the poor prince's name.

Carl Bertil = Karl-Bertil Jonsson, the main character in a short film that's been broadcast every Christmas Eve since 1975 in Sweden. Quote a Prince Carl Bertil would have to hear a lot: I've nurtured a communist at my bosom!

Carl Oscar = Karl Oskar in Vilhelm Mobergs "Emigrants" book series, and the musical "Kristina från Duvemåla" that's based on the series. Quote a Prince Carl Oscar would hear a lot: I can't take it anymore, Karl Oskar!

Something like Carl Axel, Carl Hugo, Carl Johan or Carl Ludvig would work just fine though.
Haha, exactly! :P And especially since double barrelled names are not very common nowdays it would get noticed event more :P

"Jag tyar inte längre, Karl Oscar!!" :P
Old 10-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the baby will be a girl. I often guess this for royal babies, but girls seem to be the dominant sex in the SRF. King Carl Gustaf was the only boy out of four girls, and he went on to have two girls and one boy. Victoria and Daniel also have a girl, and so do Madeleine and Chris. Sofia herself also only has sisters and no brothers (IIRC).

If Victoria and Daniel don't use Oscar or Lovisa, then I'm hoping that Sofia and Carl Philip will instead. Some combos and other name guesses:

Carl Oscar Gustaf Theo/Teo (no particular reason for Theo/Teo, other than that I don't think Sofia and Carl Philip would choose a traditional name, but then again the SRF are unpredictable when it comes to the names of their children)
Carl Erik Gustaf Bertil (for a more traditional combo, and it would be sweet if they had a boy and his middle name was Bertil because Leonore's middle name is Lilian)
Elias Philip Hugo
Alexander Carl Gustaf Victor

Lovisa Marie Victoria
Emma Silvia Margaretha
Sophie Alice Linnea
Anna Sara Josefine

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-17-2015, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

I suspect they will have a boy, I just see them having a son (first).
Old 10-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

BOY - Bertil Gustav Oscar or Oscar Victor Magnus

GIRL - Lillian Silvia Christina or Christina Victoria Lillian

GODPARENTS - Crown Princess Victoria, Lina Hellquist, Chris O'Neill & a male friend of the couple.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

I was thinking maybe they could choose Chris O'neill or Prince Daniel as godfathers instead of the predictable Princess Victoria or Princess Madeleine.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

They could use a system similar to Madeleine and Chris where they use one sister and then the other sister's husband.

Prince Daniel
Princess Madeleine
Sara Hellqvist
Jonas Frejd
Oscar Magnuson
Stina Andersson
Old 10-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
I was thinking maybe they could choose Chris O'neill or Prince Daniel as godfathers instead of the predictable Princess Victoria or Princess Madeleine.
I think Victoria is the safest choice (they seem to choose the oldest sibling for the first baby of the couple in this family), but you are right: we may see Prince Daniel as a godfather. I will never forget Daniel and prince Carl-Phillip standing next to eachother on V&D's wedding day in church. Daniel could have chosen someone else, a good friend, or his own brother-in-law to be his best man. He didn't he choose his soon-to-be brother-in-law. I think this is a sign of their good relationship. I would love to see prince Daniel as a godfather, he seems to be a very kind man.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Commoner

Seeing how I have nothing to determine their taste in names, other than their dog's name ... I'm totally just gonna make guesses entirely based on the fact that they named their dog Siri and presumably like that name. So short, simple, Scandinavian, and both traditional and currently popular. And to go with Victoria's and Madeleine's kids, predictable middle names with more focus on close family than on old royal ancestors. All right.

Boy: Prince Axel Carl Erik Bertil

Girl: Princess Greta Silvia Marie Lilian

Duchy: Dalarna

Godparents:
Crown Princess Victoria
Lina Hellqvist
Frida Vesterberg
A friend of Carl Philip
Some male royal probably

Other first names I considered:
Alvar, Arvid, Bertil, Carl, Folke, Gustaf, Hugo, Ludvig, Olof, Oscar, Vidar, Wilhelm
Alma, Alva, Astrid, Disa, Ebba, Hedda, Ida, Ingrid, Matilda, Märta/Märtha, Saga, Signe, Tyra/Thyra

(And a couple of years ago I would definitely have said Elsa, but, you know ...)