Prince Carl Philip and Motor Racing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't he supposed to be already in Ireland on Saturday? I think it's not going happen with a race from 4-5 pm in Sweden...

Carl Philip and Jan "Flash" Nilsson are racing in Anderstorp, they were 6th at their class at the qualification.

At the raceon Saturday Carl Philip and Flash came fifth. According to the website of Flash Engineering Carl Philip said: "We had to fight really, but overall it was a good race and we got good points for the championship, although of course we wanted to fight for victory". They are at third place in their class before the last race, which is in two weeks. They still have a chance to win the championship.
Fortsatt titelchans för ”Flash” och Bernadotte | Flash Engineering

Bronze for Carl Philip and Jan "Flash" Nilsson at the swedish GT. After a good quali (they were fastast at their class) they had high hopes for the championship at their class, but at the race they had a gearbox problem. Flash managed to secure the bronze to them anyway.
Carl Philip has one race to go, he will drive at an invitation race in Gothenburg City Arena, where he won in the spring.
Brons för ”Flash” och prins Carl Philip i Swedish GT | Flash Engineering

Carl Philip hugging race driver Linus Olsson yesterday in Tierp. Olsson won the TTA-race.
http://gd.se/image_processor/1.5099.../derivatives/full/4086512100.jpg?maxWidth=650

Last edited:
blank.gif
Carl Philip won his class (GTB) at the first race of the swedish GT series in Gothenburg today. The race was good for Flash Engineering, Roar Lindland won the GTA class.
Dubbelseger för Flash Engineering i GT Sprint Cup | Flash Engineering
At the second race he drove off already at the warm up lap.

Prins Carl Philip vann: "Skönt med en seger" | Sport | Expressen

Last edited:
Carl Philip will continue his racing career next year at the STCC class (Swedish Touring Car Championship). The highest serie in the Swedish racing is known as the "royal serie". Carl-Philip will drive a Volvo S60 for Polestar Racing. He will be in the same team as Fredrik Ekblom, Thed Björk, Robert Dahlgren and Linus Ohlsson.
Prins Carl-Philip kör STCC 2013 | Motor | SvD
Translation

"I am extremely pleased and excited about this new venture. This is definitely the biggest challenge so far in my racing career, "said Prince Carl Philip in a press release.
Prins Carl Philip kör STCC | Sporten |
Translation

TouringCarTimes - STCC Swedish Prince Carl Philip gets fifth Volvo in STCC

Last edited:
Carl Philip is driving at STCC at Volvo Polestar Racing this year, and one of the racing weekends is 7th-8th June.
STCC
STCC
http://www.polestar.se/sv-se/racing/forare/carl-philip-bernadotte/

Joakim Tärnström from STCC said to Svensk Damtidning that they finalized the calendar a few days before they got to know that Madeleine is getting married on 8th June. There are eight racing weekends and if he misses one, he will miss having points. We who have followed him since he started in 2008 think he is a very talented driver, says Tärnström.
Prins Carl Philips elittävling krockar med Madeleines bröllop Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
According to Svenska Dagbladet Carl Philip will race today at Rally Sweden in historic class with Porsche 911, he will drive 5 stages outside the competition, since he missed the two stages yesterday.
Prinsen gör sin riktiga rallydebut idag Sport SvD

Photos of Carl Philip driving a Porsche on Saturday
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080011L1360430498243533
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080021L1360430498243533
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080031L1360430498243533

Carl Philip went off the road on Saturday at the Rally of Sweden.
- He was a bit far out of the way and got a bit panicked. He braked hard, and then went off the road, said spectator Robert Stormyrbakken.
Salvation came when the audience helped to push up the car on the road again. Of course, he sat in the car during the rescue.
Thanks to all snow the car survived without damage.
Expressen has unsuccessfully sought the Royal Court's information officer Bertil Ternert for comment.
Här kör prinsen av vägen - ner i diket Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Why Ternert would have to comment this? Doesn't Expressen have an own sports reporter at the WRC Rally of Sweden who could have asked Carl Philip's comments?

Last edited:
He's starting to annoy me. He needs to get an actual job now.

He's starting to annoy me. He needs to get an actual job now.

Agreed!!! I feel like he can do less motor racing and add more time to public appearances and charitable causes! Motor racing is a hobby fir a prince... Or at least it should be! His job is and should be to represent his family and people.... I'm not saying that he needs to have anywhere near the amount of public engagements that Victoria or the King and Queen have, but he needs to take up more and take some of the load from them or at least add to the public exposure of the family. Motor racing does and should not be an acceptable public appearance.

Just saying!

The calendar for STCC 2013:

3-4 May Ring Knutstorp
7-8 June Solvalla
28-29 June Gothenburg
12-13 July Falkenberg
9-10 August Östersund
23-24 August Karlskoga
6-7 September Tierp Arena
20-21 September Mantorp

STCC

Carl Philip's STCC team Polestar had their season launch on Thursday in Gothenburg. CP is of course excited and says that he has respect to drive this car and respect on the other riders, who are very experienced.
Prince Carl Philip is known to be interested in design. He thinks that the car is neat, he has designed the paint and varnishing.
- I and my colleague (Oscar Kylberg) were asked and we thought it would be great fun. The connection between Volvo and Sweden was there ready. But also my own connection to Sweden. We wanted to play with the blue and yellow colors and keep the lines so sober and classy as possible.
Just three logos on the car - two of them are charities, the other of them is Childhood where his mother Queen Silvia and sister Madeleine are involved.
Prinsen tar steget upp i kungaklass - DN.SE
Translation

Photo gallery
Gallery Volvo Polestar Racing 2013 STCC Facebook

Carl Philip's STCC team Polestar had their season launch on Thursday in Gothenburg. CP is of course excited and says that he has respect to drive this car and respect on the other riders, who are very experienced.
Prince Carl Philip is known to be interested in design. He thinks that the car is neat, he has designed the paint and varnishing.
- I and my colleague (Oscar Kylberg) were asked and we thought it would be great fun. The connection between Volvo and Sweden was there ready. But also my own connection to Sweden. We wanted to play with the blue and yellow colors and keep the lines so sober and classy as possible.
Just three logos on the car - two of them are charities, the other of them is Childhood where his mother Queen Silvia and sister Madeleine are involved.
Prinsen tar steget upp i kungaklass - DN.SE
Translation

Photo gallery
Gallery Volvo Polestar Racing 2013 STCC Facebook

I was expecting something far more "cooler" given the CP love of design and his education as well as his experience. I didn't expect him to simply paint the Swedish flag on the top of the car and color the bumper as well as other small parts yellow to stand out on the all blue car.

When he said that he wanted to play around with the colors of Sweden, I was expecting something fun and exciting... A twist if you will. This design/paint job does nothing that says an artist has done it other than word of mouth (ie- the prince telling people or magazines announcing his design/paint job).

I'm not trying to be rude here in any way -I simply was excited to see something fun in terms of his personally designed car only to find it so simple that almost anyone can do something like it.

My most favorite area would have to be the swedish flag on the hood of the car!

I was expecting something far more "cooler" given the CP love of design and his education as well as his experience. I didn't expect him to simply paint the Swedish flag on the top of the car and color the bumper as well as other small parts yellow to stand out on the all blue car.

When he said that he wanted to play around with the colors of Sweden, I was expecting something fun and exciting... A twist if you will. This design/paint job does nothing that says an artist has done it other than word of mouth (ie- the prince telling people or magazines announcing his design/paint job).

I'm not trying to be rude here in any way -I simply was excited to see something fun in terms of his personally designed car only to find it so simple that almost anyone can do something like it.

My most favorite area would have to be the swedish flag on the hood of the car!

I agree with you. It's a nicely painted car but that's is all to it; just a nicely painted car. Nothing special, anyone can come up with an idea like that, it really does not require lot of skills or thinking. I, too, was hoping for something way more exciting.

Carl Philip can't race at STCC in Solvalla on 8th June because of Madeleine's wedding.
Bertil Ternert from the court says: It is a clear priority order, that Carl Philip will attend at the wedding. The timetables are too tight, there is nothing strange in this.
The spokesperson of STCC, Joakin Tärnström, told to Expressen that they had tried to change the schedule of the day because of Carl Philip, but it couldn't be done because of the TV-coverage of the races in Solvalla.
Carl Philip will race at 4th May. Ternert says that the prince is waiting it very eagerly.
Madeleinen häät sotki Carl Philipin aikataulut - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Carl Philip was 11th fastest at the first test of STCC on Tuesday.
STCC

And 13th at Wednesday's first test
STCC

I actually really like the design of the car. It's very easy for that kind of thing to veer into terribly tacky territory. (Bet you can't say that three times fast.)

Carl Philip was 13th overall at the three day tests. From the first test day to the last, he improved his best lap time by one second.
- I have many impressions from test days. We have taken some important steps forward, but there is still much to do. The car is really fun to drive and I'm very happy with the team, said Prince Carl Philip.
Volvo Polestar Racing snabbast inför STCC 2013

Carl Philip's interview on SVT, the first race is on Friday
Prins Carl Philip inför STCC-debuten | SVT Play

Carl Philip was 13th at both tests of STCC in Knutstorp. The race is on Saturday.
Photos from today
APA PictureDesk

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/935288_625990470763166_1699451617_n.jpg

Carl Philip was 11th at the qualification of STCC. He said that since this is his first STCC race, it was just ok and he was waiting for the race.
Thed Björk och Robert Dahlgren snabbaste Volvo-förare i STCC-kval

At the first race he was 13th, but had 8th fastest laptime during the race. He said: It has been a great debut weekend for me in STCC. Unfortunately, I made some unnecessary mistakes, but it is really positive that I got a proof that momentum is there for the top ten and I'm very happy. At the second race he was 14th.
Seger i STCC-premiären för Volvo Polestar Racing

No photos of Sofia being at Knutstorp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom