Girl? 33 66.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
Reins me what s's father is called?
Sofia's fathet? Erik Oscar. Alexander has Erik as a middle name in honor.

Names from her family
Erik Oscar dad
Marie Britt mom
Britt maternal grandmother
Janne Herbert maternal grandfather
Stig paternal grandfather
Ingrid paternal grandmother

Others from her family in wedding guest list
Lars
Anders
Martin
Daniel
Lena
Johan
Victor

Old 03-25-2017, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think i ever guessed anything right in a thread like this, but i'm going with "Carl" in the names if it's a boy and "Marie" in the names if it's a girl

P.Madeleine as a godparent seems a "sure thing", to finish the tradition set with the other 5 grandchildren of K.C-G and Q.Silvia (definitely no other royals as godparents)

Old 03-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Majesty

It's too early to call but I will try to randomly make some guesses:

Boy: (as I think it will be another boy) Thomas Folke Oscar Edmund
Girl: Astrid Marie Renate Lilian

Godparents: Princess Madeleine, Sara Hellqvist, another Bernadotte cousin or a Sommerlath one, Oscar Kylberg and the ex colleague of Sofia from PP.

Duchy: Dalarna, of course.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
Hereditary Princess, Emma Pernault, CP's girlfriend of 10 years when Sofia started up with him? Who S insisted not be invited to M's wedding though Emma and M were close friends? Any of this sound familiar? There's my supported evidence. Not shouting, but just No way.
Erm, well, to be fair; I did post late at night and was most likely too sleepy to remember Emma Pernault. I also got the non-royal/family names from a Swedish popular names database to get an idea of names used in Sweden, and as, like I said, I was too tired; I didn't double check the connotations Emma would have for the couple.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm thinking it could be a girl and I do like Princess Sibylla in honour of the kings mother,I also like Princess Louise.

But as with the recent Swedish royal baby names we can never guess correctly!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Agreed, with one exception, Oscar. i would think a few of us likely suggested Oscar.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Agreed, with one exception, Oscar. i would think a few of us likely suggested Oscar.
Yes that is indeed true,I wonder if there is a Swedish version of the name Charlotte a double nod/ honour for the father and grandfather?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to baby name sites the Swedish would be Charlotta

https://www.behindthename.com/name/charlotta

But Caroline is considered a variation of Charles/Carl as well

The wife of Charles VIII was Charlotte. It was her third given name but the one she used as quern. I believe her nickname was Lotta.

Princess Charlotta Renate Marie Lilian

Princess Carolina Silvia Britt Sibylla
Old 03-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

Are there any names that would be "claimed" for possible future use by CP Victoria? Does that happen?
Old 03-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Considering Victoria is 40 this year. And there is a huge gap between Estelle and Oscar, it is highly unlikely she will have a third child.

The only place I have heard a name being reserved, other than Christian/ferederik for a first name reserved for heir in Denmark, is supposedly Victoria in the UK.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Courtier

I don't know if names are "claimed" or "reserved" in Sweden. But they seem to use the same names even among siblings. If you look at the current King's father & father's siblings:

Gustaf Adolf Oscar Frederik Edmund
Sigvard Oscar Frederik
Bertil Gustaf Oscar Carl Eugen
Carl Johan Arthur

one of Gustaf, Oscar, Carl appears in all their names.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Godparents: Princess Madeleine, Sara Hellqvist, another Bernadotte cousin or a Sommerlath one, Oscar Kylberg and the ex colleague of Sofia from PP.
Ah, I was just about to make almost the same prediction.

Princess Madeleine and Sara Hellqvist... well, you don't even get your money back on that guess :) Oscar Kylberg seem to be both a close friend and business partner to Carl Philip, just like Frida Vesterberg is to Sofia. So that's four out of five.

The fifth one is probably going to be male. My fifth guess is prince Daniel. I know he's close to Carl Philip and Sofia, and he isn't a godparent yet in the royal circles. I put my money there!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I don't know if names are "claimed" or "reserved" in Sweden. But they seem to use the same names even among siblings. If you look at the current King's father & father's siblings:

Gustaf Adolf Oscar Frederik Edmund
Sigvard Oscar Frederik
Bertil Gustaf Oscar Carl Eugen
Carl Johan Arthur

one of Gustaf, Oscar, Carl appears in all their names.
Yes but look at more recent royal generations. Notice CG has three grandsons and none have a name in common. All three boys honor the king, but use a different version. One has Carl, one Gustaf and Alexander has Hubertus.

The king and three of his sisters all have a son named Carl but they are double barrel names. Carl Philip, Carl Christian, Carl Otto and Carl Gustaf (he goes simply Gustaf). Middle names are repeated among cousins but not siblings. There are a few shared first names, but most are different generations.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes but look at more recent royal generations. Notice CG has three grandsons and none have a name in common. All three boys honor the king, but use a different version. One has Carl, one Gustaf and Alexander has Hubertus.

The king and three of his sisters all have a son named Carl but they are double barrel names. Carl Philip, Carl Christian, Carl Otto and Carl Gustaf (he goes simply Gustaf). Middle names are repeated among cousins but not siblings. There are a few shared first names, but most are different generations.
You are right.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Majesty

I think it will be another boy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Victoria honoured with a namesake if the couple have a girl. Carl Philip and she are very close. Lilly, Olivia and Alice could be chosen. I like Astrid and Tyra as they're more traditional, but I doubt the parents would pick those.

Viktor is a possibility for a boy I think, or perhaps Theo or Thomas, maybe Philip as a middle name for his father's sake.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

I hope it is another boy .
Old 03-26-2017, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think it will be another boy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Victoria honoured with a namesake if the couple have a girl. Carl Philip and she are very close. Lilly, Olivia and Alice could be chosen. I like Astrid and Tyra as they're more traditional, but I doubt the parents would pick those.

Viktor is a possibility for a boy I think, or perhaps Theo or Thomas, maybe Philip as a middle name for his father's sake.

They chose something pretty classic in Alexander, and one found in the tree, I don't see them choosing a random most popular baby name like theo.

Lily I could see but as a nickname. I always suspected when neither Victoria or Madeleine used Lilian as a first name, it was becayse CP wanted to use it. Naming a baby girl Lilian but using Lilly as an every day nickname seems highly possible. Alice for Silvia's mother too, thohgh maybe too close to Alex,
Old 03-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Boy or girl, it doesn't really matter. Only... girls wear tiaras at the Nobels. I know, that's a superficial reason, but I hope for a girl anyway.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Ah, I was just about to make almost the same prediction.

Princess Madeleine and Sara Hellqvist... well, you don't even get your money back on that guess :) Oscar Kylberg seem to be both a close friend and business partner to Carl Philip, just like Frida Vesterberg is to Sofia. So that's four out of five.

The fifth one is probably going to be male. My fifth guess is prince Daniel. I know he's close to Carl Philip and Sofia, and he isn't a godparent yet in the royal circles. I put my money there!
I am with you - except for Prince Daniel. Not that I don't want him to be a godparent, but I have to see it first to believe it.
As for name and duchy, I have no idea. I suspect that they may go the non-traditional route again. Just as with Alexander - as far as I know not traditional in royal Sweden and there is no namesake in the tree at kungahuset.se.
And I think they will have a girl, then Alexander can be a protective big brother (traditional, I know ).

We'll see in September.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Boy or girl, it doesn't really matter. Only... girls wear tiaras at the Nobels. I know, that's a superficial reason, but I hope for a girl anyway.
I'm hoping for a girl too,will CF's hypothetical daughter still be a member of the Royal House,when she gets old enough to wear a tiara?
Anyway,anything can happen

Closed Thread