The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

love this picture of the two cousins
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...TT-700x505.jpg

and baby Alexander holding dad's finger
http://media.shootitlive.com/5ysC5Ly...expressen/2466

smiling Estelle

Old 09-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

PRINCE ALEXANDER BAPTISM | Selda Göktaş

Old 09-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Majesty

It ought to be illegal to be as cute as Leonore and she will always know where she has her dad: Wrapped around her little finger.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...onore-i-kirken

A 17 minutes video summary from BB: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...ders-store-dag
Old 09-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Nobility

@Duc et Pair - how long was it before Lillian received her C of A? Daniel got his two days before his wedding to Victoria.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely pictures, seems like a happy family event. Alexander is such a sweet cherebum baby. I love all the cousins were there, and it was so cute seeing Oscar and Alexander together. I think it likely was just practical. Oscar was perhaps fussy or they were worried he wouldn't sit through it with dad. This way they didn't disrupt. Leonor sure was her usual self.

Not surprising Leopoldo and his wife were the foreign royals. Leopold is his godfather, the only of CP god parents able to attend, the other two living were unable.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some photos from PPE

PPE Agency
Old 09-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria's behavior after the christening ceremony really surprised me. She so clearly didn't want to stand or walk near Sophia's sister.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
love this picture of the two cousins
yes, they will grow up as close friends, being the same age.

Alexander is one happy and relaxed baby boy today!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Victoria's behavior after the christening ceremony really surprised me. She so clearly didn't want to stand or walk near Sophia's sister.
Eh.. what? I've never seen any signs of her having any problem with anyone at all. At least not showing it in public. Why wouldn't she like Sofias sister?
Old 09-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I really don't know what kind of behaviour you're talking about. Victoria trusted Lina to hold Oscar while she herself was speaking. I doubt she would have done that, had she had any kind of issue with her. Does the absolutely unwarranted hate around here for Sofia now extend to her sisters as well?

ETA:
I must admit, I have a hard time finding evidence of this unfriendliness
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2016-09-09-22h14m21s428.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	299217   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2016-09-09-22h14m52s980.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	299218   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2016-09-09-22h56m39s070.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	299219  

Old 09-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I liked watching the christening, it had a warm; sentimental feel to it (though I often think that the SRF's family events are like this).

Alexander is a lovely baby, and appears to be rather bonny, too. I loved the interactions between him and his cousin Oscar, it was sweet to see such a connection - it reminded me a little of Jacques and Gabriella at their christening in Monaco. It was also rather heartwarming to see Carl Philip smiling down at his son when Alexander was playing with the sleeves of his jacket.

I actually thought that Leonore was more well behaved than usual, she seemed calmer and almost more reserved. She appeared to sit/stand at her chair most of the time (I watched the christening twice) and only wriggled/walked of a couple off times. She's often the most energetic out of the Swedish children, IMO. This is what I observed though!

I also liked the music, particularly the piece used when Carl Philip and Sofia came in. Does the choir belong to a school or the church? I'm just wondering because I used to be in my local church's choir and I wore a jumper similar to the ones the young choristers were wearing, but they also look sort of similar to state school primary uniforms here in Britain.

Also, are there any photos of Alexander in the royal cradle?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Majesty

indeed, oscar and alexander playing together was the best photo of the christening! how adorable. together with nicolas, these 3 will have a blast growing up together as cousins of the same age.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Some photos from PPE

PPE Agency
Wonderful pix for such a lovely Royal family ! A joy to behold !

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
indeed, oscar and alexander playing together was the best photo of the christening! how adorable. together with nicolas, these 3 will have a blast growing up together as cousins of the same age.
Very best pic of the event !!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Oscar agrees with me, his cousin has the cutest cherebum cheeks you just want to squeeze such a great pic.

I have always loved seeing car Philip with his nieces and nephews. It's do great seeing him with his own son. He is amazing with kids
Old 09-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Zhivago View Post
Why not? I found it cute that Oscar and Alexander were together. As I saw Daniel was occupied by Estelle, who is at 4 still young, and Victoria held her baby maybe to be him so calm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I thought the same that day too. Much as we all love our children and enjoy showing them off we have to be aware of when it's someone else's day to be the star of the show. Oscar was getting much the same attention as Alexander today which was a little unfair as the spotlight should have been firmly on his cousin. I think V should have been a bit more aware of that and let D hold Oscar for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Thank you for that information. Here at our Congregational church, a Protestant denomination, children stay with their parents. They are also taken to a nursery for at least half of the services. This is pretty common in most churches I've been to.
I love the way the SRF invites "us" to join "them" in family celebrations. Weddings and Baptisms are really important family occasions and the SRF behaves just like everyone else, keeping an eye on the kids, Madeleine probably hoping that Leonore won't flash her knickers and Victoria hoping that no chairs get tipped over. Perhaps Oscar and Alexander keep each other entertained because there is nothing worse than the guest of honour screaming throughout the service. But first and foremost, the children are a very important part of the family and that is where they belong.

Our church services are much the same as yours Frelinghighness but, if there is a baptism the children are brought back into the church and the Vicar calls them to stand by the Font so they can see and hear the whole Baptismal Service. But, in this case, that is what the entire service is about, so having all the kids there seems to me to be the obvious thing to do.

I think the thing we have to remember is that it is not a 'State Occasion' but rather a 'Family Celebration' that the SRF are happy to share with us . . . on their terms. Most of the other RF's don't share to that level.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

This is so different from the British royal family where their christenings seem to be almost done in secrecy (except for P. Charlotte). I suppose the paparazzi is not as intrusive in places like Denmark and Sweden. Perhaps if the BRF were more open to releasing pictures or having videos released, the public wouldn't be so interested in always wanting more.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:59 AM
Courtier

I must say that the gladioli behind the altar were a gorgeous display of rich colour - beautiful coral and apricot tones!
Old 09-10-2016, 02:55 AM
Gentry

It was a nice ceremony with many lovely moments

- Alexander and Oscar playing together
- Estelle and Leonore sitting on the same chair. It didn't last long, of course , but still that was cute
- Alexander not letting go of the primate and the king's fingers
- Victoria fixing the sash that her nephew was trying to eat

And not a cute moment itself, but it's amazing how great Marianne Bernadotte and Dagmar von Arbin look at 95 and 100 years old, respectively.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashal View Post
And not a cute moment itself, but it's amazing how great Marianne Bernadotte and Dagmar von Arbin look at 95 and 100 years old, respectively.
Marianne Bernadotte is 92 years old. It was lovely to see Marianne and Dagmar, and to see the First Lady of the Court, Anna Hamilton helping Marianne and queen Silvia's lady-in-waiting Harriet Bredelius helping Dagmar.
Dagmar and Marianne
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Cute photo of Victoria and Daniel, a pity that Estelle can't be seen
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKJlwakA...ed=prinsdaniel
Daniel and Estelle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKK3EBgA...ed=prinsdaniel
Old 09-10-2016, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Almost every monarchy invites the media for a broadcast of their royal baptisms. But usually only for children of the Heir, not so -like in Sweden- for all grandchildren of the monarch. The baptisims of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, Prince Christian of Denmark and Infanta Doa Leonor as well their siblings were shown on national television.

But in the one country they make a lot of fuzzz about it and in the other less. For an example in the one neighbouring country (Belgium) the baptism of Princess Elisabeth was done in a little chapel on the secluded royal domain of Chteau de Ciergnon. This was showed on the News. In the other neighbouring country (Netherlands) the biggest church in the royal residence was used for the baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia. This was broadcast live.

The UK indeed seems the only one not to allow TV-cameras and the Swedes are the other end of the spectrum: showing ALL royal baptisms.