Carl Philip's Language Skills

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: yes, he does, that made smile for some reason :)

He says "ah" too much.

but its cute...its only natural..i suppose its as if someone were to say "um" alot..in between sentences...he is probably saying that when he he is thinking of what else to say..i say that alot too when i am speaking in french.. and its not my native langauge :flowers:

My first comment, new here.......I loved his voice, he has an american accent and a faint foreign accent. He looked nervious to me, like he was trying to find the proper words to say in English so I think that's why he used too much "ah", it's normal anyway, it's a pet expression because it's not your mother tongue so in your mind you have to switch it to another language with another grammar and pronunciation and all that kind of things, but he did it great!!!!. I so like him, he's so adorable

I like CP voice too... and for me his "ah" so sexxxxxxyyyyy

Does anybody know CP work with computer or Internet (has he have a Twitter, facebook, or ICQ or Skype) coz I saw video where he were reading his speech from paper that was written by hand!

I read about his dyslexia. If he is not good in reading and writing, I think he do not like PC : )

I like CP voice too... and for me his "ah" so sexxxxxxyyyyy

Does anybody know CP work with computer or Internet (has he have a Twitter, facebook, or ICQ or Skype) coz I saw video where he were reading his speech from paper that was written by hand!

He is very interested in designing and drawing, which would involve using a computer.
But maybe he likes to personally write his speeches.

I read about his dyslexia. If he is not good in reading and writing, I think he do not like PC : )

I have never read that he has dyslexia, Carl Gustav, his father does.

I always thought it was just Carl Gustav and Victoria who are dyslexic?:confused:

Yes Carl Philip is dyslexic.
But Victoria's dyslexia was worse than his.

I've never read anything that Carl Philip was dyslexia.
I always thought it was just Carl Gustav and Victoria.

I think it is does not matter if he has dyslexia or not

But, who knows, there is prins CP now? Is he with parents on the Riviera? Or spending vacation in other place?

If some person can not read and write - it no so bad. He can watch tv news and films.

What language can he speak except english and swedish? Does he know german?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is does not matter if he has dyslexia or not

But, who knows, there is prins CP now? Is he with parents on the Riviera? Or spending vacation in other place?

If some person can not read and write - it no so bad. He can watch tv news and films.

There has been no news of where he is, but you can check his Current Events thread.
He is unlikely holidaying with his parents, but spending time with his girlfriend.

How is it not so bad, if a person cannot read or write? I'm confused.

What language can he speak except english and swedish? Does he know german?

This is the thread about his languages, there is some information on the previous pages.

I always thought the King and all three siblings were dyslexic and that Victoria's was the worst.

I think CP can talk French and Spanish but I am not shure

I always thought the King and all three siblings were dyslexic and that Victoria's was the worst.
Thats pretty much what I heard. Victoria and the King has it worse and the other two less so.
Dosen't seem to be a big problem for thme reading but the king at least have made some big mistakes when writing.

I don´t think Victoria´s is worst, she had just talked most about it ;) And as we know, she could write 30 beautiful letters ;)

Seriously. A lot seems to hint, the prince got most affected. He was sent to the US for help and his final grades in high school (gymnasiet) are said not to be very good either.
While his shyness surely is a factor, also his speaking skills seem to be affected (which isn´t the case for all with dyslexia -a very wide field - but with the king and his son it does seem so)

AFAIK he doesn´t speak Spanish and French. Only English and (bad) German

His English is very very good. He sounds English when he says some words and somewhat American when he says "great."

I've never read anything that Carl Philip was dyslexia.
I always thought it was just Carl Gustav and Victoria.

He is dyslexic.
Carl Philip himself said (in an interview) that he suffers from dyslexia and it affects his reading. PCP said he takes awhile to read something and he has to read it over and over again.

I tried to find a link for you to read about it. I found this one. Hope it helps. Scroll down until you see Interview with Prince Carl Philip:
Nordstjernan - The Swedish Newspaper in America

hey there, i'm new here, and i never post anything but i have to explain what is dyslexia , it's not a person who dosen't know how to read or how to speak, that is nothing to do with dyslexia, its a person who learning can be a bit dificult, like reading and writing you can get confuse with words, dyslexic people (LIKE ME) we are visual and creative, i'm a graphic designer like Carl Philip, i can speak well, i can read well, to study better for us we use logic, school for some of us can be a hard because not all teachers or students understand what it is and what is like to have so i hope this help u to have some idea what it is..... *= ))

and yes we have problems with grammar but who dosent....right ??? *=P

Last edited by a moderator:
He is dyslexic.
Carl Philip himself said (in an interview) that he suffers from dyslexia and it affects his reading. PCP said he takes awhile to read something and he has to read it over and over again.

I tried to find a link for you to read about it. I found this one. Hope it helps. Scroll down until you see Interview with Prince Carl Philip:
Nordstjernan - The Swedish Newspaper in America

Thank you for finding it for me.
It is just that there has never been anything about it in the forum or talked about that widely.
I knew that Victoria and her father had it, they have both discussed it.

I think Victoria's dyslexia was most talked about because hers was a little worse.
I read an interview in which Victoria said Queen Silvia would devote hours each day to help her overcome it. I felt sorry for her because she said when other kids her age was out playing, she'd be inside with her mom learning words and ways to work around dyslexia. She said she had it really bad and if it weren't for her mom helping her and not giving up on her, she wouldn't be reading like that now. She still struggles with it of course, but she said that she will do well as long as she takes time to read the words carefully, talk slowly, etc.

She makes mistakes sometimes, but I think she does really well with her public speaking.

I've heard here in Brazil he can speak Portuguese fluently as well Spanish.
Her mother's Portuguese and Spanish is perfect. I do admire the House of Bernadotte.

I thought dyslexia was when you saw words in reverse? Is it normal for so many members of one family to have it?
As for Carl Philip, dang is he beautiful! I need to get my butt to Sweden just so I can touch his hair.

When I was in school In the 1960's and 1970's, someone who had dyslexia had it really rough. It was not widely understood and I would imagine in the small school district I was in that the teachers probably didn't know or understand what it was.

Thankfully there is help for those with dyslexia

He speaks very good english.He seems very shy though.

IloveCP said:
He speaks very good english.He seems very shy though.

He shouldn't be,in fact prince Carl Phillip should be proud that he accomplished in being fluent in English and can easily get by in the US and other countries that have English as the other language.

Despite beeing a non native speaker, I am married to an American. His English sounds to me a bit British and a bit American. So I guess I have to agree with Ella Kay. I would not mistake him for an English native speaker although his English is very pleasant to my ears (and here I agree with gisabella)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom