The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2015, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Don't think it has been posted yet:
"Party for Amalia" an article posted on Telegraaf (a nice read, i thought)
Feest voor Amalia|Binnenland| Telegraaf.nl

google translated

Old 12-11-2015, 01:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I didn't know there was a 'princess of Orange concert' held at the Counsil of State each year on CA's birthday.

The article describes the princess as cheerful and happy None of her new school collegues have twittered/instagrammed about her yet, though Queen Maxima says they do discuss the risks of social media at home.

Apparently a royal securitywoman 'forgot' her gun at the Sorghvliet gymnasium. This happened while she went to the restroom, she left the gun there but was immidiately notified by students.

The royal secutiry service speaks of a 'human error'. They also add that the woman was embarrassed by the situation.

Agente laat pistool op school prinses Amalia liggen | metronieuws.nl

Old 12-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneGirl View Post
A photo was released in honor of Princess Amalia's 12th birthday!

Verjaardag van de Prinses van Oranje | Nieuwsbericht | Het Koninklijk Huis
I'm amazed that none of them is wearing a riding-helmet
Old 12-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Apparently a royal securitywoman 'forgot' her gun at the Sorghvliet gymnasium. This happened while she went to the restroom, she left the gun there but was immidiately notified by students.

The royal secutiry service speaks of a 'human error'. They also add that the woman was embarrassed by the situation.

Agente laat pistool op school prinses Amalia liggen | metronieuws.nl
thanks
what an error I would say.
This happened two months ago and now it comes to press?
Old 12-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

I hope she has been given the talk that sad but true not everyone who is nice to her and befriends her is genuine .
Old 12-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
thanks
what an error I would say.
This happened two months ago and now it comes to press?
Because the safety of everyone involved has not been in danger and the incident was resolved almost immediately and based on that the school had initially decided not to share this outside school (so not with parents or media).
Bewaakster vergeet pistool in toilet school Amalia | NOS

translated
Old 12-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
I'm amazed that none of them is wearing a riding-helmet
The girls were not horsedriving at that moment, they were clearly posing for a nice picture.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Because the safety of everyone involved has not been in danger and the incident was resolved almost immediately and based on that the school had initially decided not to share this outside school (so not with parents or media).

translated
so why notified them now? was it leaked to the press.
I hope the bodyguard learned a valuable lesson. there is no reason to take off the gun. It only take a split second and a curious child for something awful to have happened
Old 12-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The girls were not horsedriving at that moment, they were clearly posing for a nice picture.
Horse driving.

No matter if this was just for a nice picture, this is a PR error. I've been riding my whole life and the first thing you learn is that you have to wear a helmet at all times because horses are flight animals and you never know what happens.

Also, the Netherlands has a huge amount of people who ride horses as a hobby and for professional reasons and are very much aware of the importance of a helmet. This does not go unnoticed.

These girls are young but all three of them, just like their parents, have to set an example. Wearing a riding helmet is hardly an effort.

If I'm actually going to nitpick here, I'd tell them to wear their in a ponytail or a knot. Loose hair is considered dangerous and not neat.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

translated
This should have been shared with the parents, IMO.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Horse driving.

No matter if this was just for a nice picture, this is a PR error. I've been riding my whole life and the first thing you learn is that you have to wear a helmet at all times because horses are flight animals and you never know what happens.

Also, the Netherlands has a huge amount of people who ride horses as a hobby and for professional reasons and are very much aware of the importance of a helmet. This does not go unnoticed.

These girls are young but all three of them, just like their parents, have to set an example. Wearing a riding helmet is hardly an effort.

If I'm actually going to nitpick here, I'd tell them to wear their in a ponytail or a knot. Loose hair is considered dangerous and not neat.
It was for a picture. We can be sure that the three Princesses will wear appropriate headgear when horsedriving indeed. When they would have worn their helmets and the hair in a ponytail, then the criticism would have been that the Princesses were unrecognizeable or something. Let us not become a nanny state. Queen Beatrix was filmed while riding in full speed on her horse: no helmet in sight. The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima idem dito. See picture.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

And it's simply not safe. Anybody who has ever ridden a horse knows this. It's not for nothing that riding (or merely sitting on a horse) without helmet is forbidden on many stables.

I get that it's just for a picture, but from the point of view of those who know better, it's not smart. In fact, it has already caused much discussion on social media and it wasn't positive.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Nobility

The queen of England rides without a helmet.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, so? It's still not a very intelligent thing to do, not even for a Queen.

I've fallen off quite a few times where I was thanking my lucky stars I was wearing a helmet. When a horse starts bucking, throws you off and you land head first on solid, hard ground, that helmet is a lifesaver.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It was for a picture. We can be sure that the three Princesses will wear appropriate headgear when horsedriving indeed. When they would have worn their helmets and the hair in a ponytail, then the criticism would have been that the Princesses were unrecognizeable or something. Let us not become a nanny state. Queen Beatrix was filmed while riding in full speed on her horse: no helmet in sight. The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima idem dito. See picture.
Why are you sure that the girls wear helmets/caps when riding when in the same paragraph you provide examples that their grandmother and parents don't?

Anyway, hopefully the discussion on social media will raise awareness for others...

PS. if the public only recognizes the princesses when they wear their hair exactly the same everytime, it might be an indication that the princesses are not seen in public enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
The queen of England rides without a helmet.
with cap:
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/459...zxvRJghg%3D%3D
but i know there are more pics of her without
Old 12-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Why are you sure that the girls wear helmets/caps when riding when in the same paragraph you provide examples that their grandmother and parents don't?

[...]
Because no any manège (I assume the Princesses learn to ride horses there) accepts practice without helmets.

Having said that, here a picture of a girl in Brabant training without protection: picture, girls ponyriding on the island of Ameland without protection: picture, and even a dude horsejumping with just jeans on: picture

The Princesses can fall from their bike, they can fall from their horse, they can fall from the Groene Draeck, pfff... that is life. Let them discover.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Princesses can fall from their bike, they can fall from their horse, they can fall from the Groene Draeck, pfff... that is life. Let them discover.
Myes, at least the parents have not become overprotective after the recent tragedies in the family...
Old 12-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Column by dutch royalty watcher Marc van der Linden inspired by the recent picture of the princesses with a little bit more info on the horse-history of the Oranje-family
Paardenmeisjes - Royalty Online

translated
Old 02-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Alexia broke her right thigh while skiing in Lech, Austria. She was transported to a hospital by helicopter and she's having a surgery at the moment.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Oh no! A thigh bone is a very hard bone to break to it must have been a very serious accident. Poor baby.

Tags
princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange