Princess Máxima Visits Argentina: December 4-7, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima today, from terra

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 276
More pictures from reuters

Attachments

• r624046385.jpg
    r624046385.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 519
  • r1175121388.jpg
    r1175121388.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 379
  • r1600244640.jpg
    r1600244640.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 546
  • r4194438085.jpg
    r4194438085.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 678
Love the shirt and skirt.

for the ones who don't know, Máxima had a meeting with Felicia Miceli(the one in the pic, with purple)the ministress of economy

More pictures from Reuters:)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 823
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 411
With Máxima's meeting with Miceli, she ended up her visit to Argentina..It's sad..

Thank you for the videos, articles, and the photos. And thank you for the translations too. Good work, everybody! I like this photo:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=218856&d=1133973393

Another good summer outfit. She looks like she had a good time with the minister for the economy. I like that portrait photo from today. A good pose by Maxima. And that is some bracelet she has on there too.

Last edited:
I like the skirt in the pink and white outfit. The shirt though, is not quite flattering. It creates bulkiness around her waist that I don't think she has in reality. Today's outfit is really nice, crazy patterns but it is well fitted and youthful. She looks really great.

I wonder of the Prince of Oranjes is coping with being without his "girls" for so long.

Alisa said:
I like the skirt in the pink and white outfit. The shirt though, is not quite flattering. It creates bulkiness around her waist that I don't think she has in reality. Today's outfit is really nice, crazy patterns but it is well fitted and youthful. She looks really great.

I wonder of the Prince of Oranjes is coping with being without his "girls" for so long.

Isnt he in argentina as well? I thought he'd be there for sinterklaas and Amalia's birthday?

pollyemma said:
Isnt he in argentina as well? I thought he'd be there for sinterklaas and Amalia's birthday?

I think he will be here(in Arg) on Friday

Princess Maxima said:
I think he will be here(in Arg) on Friday

that's awesome! just curious: how did you hear that?

isn't this outfit just lovely? from all the ones she wore in this two visits, these two from today are my favourites (i'm sure she saved them to look nice for amalia's birthday :) ), the pink skirt and original white shirt one and this one.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=218855&d=1133972268

thanks for the videos! i was looking for so long to hear her talking in spanish... i'm glad she didn't lose that lovely argentinian accent and that she talked so openly with the press. there was a part that she got lost and didn't know where was the person who asked her that question so she said "which camera do i need to look at now?" :)

it's a pity the visit already ended! it was kind of short... fortunately we will be able to get some photos of her private time in argentina.

did any of the argentinian posters go to see her in any of the places she was? i would definetely have been there if i was in buenos aires... :) must be a nice experience seeing her "live"...

awesome! thanks so much. great video. she is so poised.

did any of the argentinian posters go to see her in any of the places she was? i would definetely have been there if i was in buenos aires... :) must be a nice experience seeing her "live"...[/quote]

I wasn't able to do so. Had I known she was in Puerto Madero today, I would have gone to see her and her lovely daughters and try to get some pictures too. It was a pity, since I was a few blocks away. :(

Nevertheless, the pictures are great, and the little princesses are so beautiful!!!!!!

I'm sure little Catharina-Amalia had a beautiful sunny birthday here and tomorrow, I guess, she will have the chance to decorate the Christmass tree and set up the Christmas manger (without baby Jesus, of course, which is added on Christmas day) since it is traditional here to decorate the house for Christmas on December 8, the Inmaculate Conception of Virgin Mary Day.:)

oh silvermj... you brought me so many past memories up! all you said is so true, the tradition of decorating the tree the 8th, puerto madero.... :)

so, did you see her there? what happened? could you see anything? must have been great if you could have a glimpse...

Pictures from Colourpress and AFP without watermarks:)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 615
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 193
  • ba.jpg
    ba.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 199
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 207
  • bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,115
  • bd.jpg
    bd.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 205
  • be.jpg
    be.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,280
  • bf.jpg
    bf.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 270
  • bg.jpg
    bg.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 270
Visit to Argentina

No, as I said on my previous post, I did not know they were there.

Otherwise, I would have gone, since I was a few blocks away. I'm sure they did not spread the voice of their "visit" to Puerto Madero, due to safety reasons and most probably, the demostrations picketers were held in front of Casa Rosada, which is also a few blocks away from where the pictures were taken.

And the entrance to UCA and Telefonica Foundation was by invitation, so not everybody was able to attend, and I wouldn't have been able to be there either due to my work schedule.

But I look forward to the Royal visit next March :) , eventhough we don't know if they are going to come with Queen Beatrix or not.

Maxima is just too beautiful and perfect. I love her!!!

some articles from Maxima's visit to Argentina

AP

Dutch Princess Lobbies for Micro-Lending
Tuesday December 6, 5:32 pm ET

Dutch Lobbies for Greater Use of Small Business Loans to Eradicate Poverty in Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) -- Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, a former investment banker from Argentina married to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, lobbied Tuesday for greater use of small business loans to eradicate poverty.

newsfromrussia

Argentina: Dutch Princess touts micro-lending to fight global poverty

Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, a former investment banker from Argentina married to Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, lobbied Tuesday for greater use of small business loans to eradicate poverty.

Silvermj said:
No, as I said on my previous post, I did not know they were there.

Otherwise, I would have gone, since I was a few blocks away. I'm sure they did not spread the voice of their "visit" to Puerto Madero, due to safety reasons and most probably, the demostrations picketers were held in front of Casa Rosada, which is also a few blocks away from where the pictures were taken.

And the entrance to UCA and Telefonica Foundation was by invitation, so not everybody was able to attend, and I wouldn't have been able to be there either due to my work schedule.

But I look forward to the Royal visit next March :) , eventhough we don't know if they are going to come with Queen Beatrix or not.

are they going again? i thought they changed the dates and maxima only went this time...

Official Visit

carlota said:
are they going again? i thought they changed the dates and maxima only went this time...

Actually, every time they came here, they did not come n official visit. This time princess Maxima came as UN adviser in the year of microcredit.

March visit has been scheduled as the first official visit of Queen Beatrix to my country. We do not know if prince Willem-Alexander and his family are coming, too, as part of the royal group.

As far as I know, Queen Beatrix visit has not been cancelled, although with K. everything is possible.He is not exactly the most diplomatic nor the most polite of our presidents.:(

Microcredits

My translation of the article, originally posted at the PMOTNMB:

Poor people will have an easier access to credits.

After princess Maxima visit

Following princess Maxima of The Netherlands (as UN adviser) suggestion, the (Argentine) Central Bank decided yesterday to eliminate the compulsary 30% deposit over foreign capitals -established by decree 616/05 - a long as those capitals are destined to the microfinance system.

This change was decided by Argentine Central Banik president, Martin Redrado, after meeting yesterday with Princess Maxima. It was the last day of the official visit the future Queen (consort) of The Netherlands to Argentina, as the United Nations adviser.

Maxima will stay in Buenos Aires for a few more days, but not on official visit. Prince William of Orange's wife also met the economy minister, Felisa Miceli. The meeting took place at the Economy Ministry, and it was also attended by Alfredo Mac Laughlin, Finances Secretary, and the Economy legal adviser, Estela Palomeque.

The princess of The Netherlans expressed the need to promote microcredits as a tool to create new jobs and investment.

Her meeting with Redrado started at 10.40 and took place at the BCRA (Central Bank of the Argentine Republic); the princess was accompanied this time by The Netherlands ambassador, Robert Jan van Houtum.

It was notified by the Central Bank authorities that "Following the advise of princess Maxima (as UN adviser), people with low income will have an easier way to access these microcredits that will end up to be a production investment"

Later, Maxima held a brief press conference at The Netherlands embassy, located in Puerto Madero. She expressed her meeting with Miceli was possitive, since the ministress "has a lot of experience in this area". In her opinion, microcredits "are fundamental in a country like Argentina, with a high level of poverty".

"I am Dutch"

Answering La Nacion question regarding the social and politics features of our country, she said she would not express any opinion since she "was not aware of the features of these areas in deep"

"I am Dutch, although I was born in Argentina", Maxima said.

In her busy agenda. she also find the time to have lunch with senators Rodolfo Terragno, Jorge Capitanich and Carlos Reutemann and the deputy Oscar Lamberto.

Original Article (in Spanish):
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/763125

aw it's a pity she doesn't consider herself a little bit argentinian. i mean, it's great, she is princess of the netherlands, and even if she wasn't, people who live away from their countries (talking about personal experience) tend to loose the feeling of saying that they are from their original country after getting used to a new one, making friends, learning the language or tradition. i guess that's the right and nice thing to say, but... i bet there's something still in her heart that makes her love her own country at the same time although not as much as the netherlands.

A Dutch Princess

carlota said:
aw it's a pity she doesn't consider herself a little bit argentinian. i mean, it's great, she is princess of the netherlands, and even if she wasn't, people who live away from their countries (talking about personal experience) tend to loose the feeling of saying that they are from their original country after getting used to a new one, making friends, learning the language or tradition. i guess that's the right and nice thing to say, but... i bet there's something still in her heart that makes her love her own country at the same time although not as much as the netherlands.

I do not think anyone can doubt how much she loves Argentina. But like Queen Sofia, Queen Silvia, Queen Noor, Princess Alexandra, Princess Mary, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (among others, and please do correct me if I am mistaken), Maxima became a Dutch citizen due to her marriage to Prince Willem-Alexander.

She came here as the Princess of The Netherlands who is the UN advisor in the International Year of Microcredit. Of course, I am sure the UN representatives have chosen her over Queen Rania and Princess Mathilde, who are UN Emissaries in the IYOM, since she was born and is so popular here, facts that no doubt got her a broader press coverage.

Yesterday, during that brief press conference -and I was able to watch that part- she was saying she was visiting our country as a UN advisor, and what she was doing as such, when a journalist told her "since you are Argentine....." which forced the princess to remind them what I expressed above: she came here as The Princess of The Netherlands, who is a UN advisor; that she is a Dutch princess who was born here.

I always say she is our best ambassador (I mean what a person born and raised here could achieve regarding education, kindness and politness) contrary to the usual image some Argentine people (politicians in particular) give foreigners of us, and now, she received my applause, because she is aware of the choices she made and is perfectly aware of her responsabilities and duties.

That added an "extra point" to the reasons I have to admire her so much.:)

Honestly as much as I like Maxima, I have to say I dont like the way she handles the press very much. and I do not like the way she answered that question at all. I think many argentinians wont like it especially if she said it the way I think she did when you translate what was written to spanish because the way that translates makes it seem like the fact that she was born in Argentina was an accident but she's truly dutch. That fits someone who's grown up in Holland or has lived there many many years but was born in Argentina, not someone who has lived there for 5? year or less. In any case I could really tell that maxima was quite moved by the way her fellow argentinians received her.

Elise27 said:
Honestly as much as I like Maxima, I have to say I dont like the way she handles the press very much. and I do not like the way she answered that question at all. I think many argentinians wont like it especially if she said it the way I think she did when you translate what was written to spanish because the way that translates makes it seem like the fact that she was born in Argentina was an accident but she's truly dutch. That fits someone who's grown up in Holland or has lived there many many years but was born in Argentina, not someone who has lived there for 5? year or less. In any case I could really tell that maxima was quite moved by the way her fellow argentinians received her.

Sorry if I was not able to translate/transmit it properly. I am Argentine, born here, lived my whole life here and I did not find her answer agressive or irrespectful, nor that she was saying it was an accident that she was born here or that her adoptive country was more important in her heart than her native one.

Probably, it has to do with the way and the reasons the question was made and I took for granted you would infer them. My mistake.

As I said yesterday, a part of the press here despises her and tried, tried during her official visit, to provoke her. I am sorry I could not find the video of that conference on the net to post a link, but she was in Puerto Madero, in front of The Netherlands Embassy, explaining why the UN sent her here and explaining what her mission as UN advisor was, and since she keeps Argentina in her heart, she was glad this microcredits system was begining to help people improve here but one of the journalist wanted to lead her to express political opinions (explanation: these microcredits are against to what most politicians want here) and that she was not representing The Netherlands, etc. Most likely, to get a comment out of her that would provoke a non-polite comment from our President, who lately seems to be quarreling with everyone, from the Church, to foreign presidents and own ministers, who were forced to resign (including the Economy Minister. Felicia Miceli has only been our Economy Minister for one week, since our former one quitted last week).

I do not know how much are you all aware of the social/political situation of my country, or which questions are made by tabloid like reporters and with which second intentions.

Please do receive my apologies for taking for granted that you would infer it.

Silvermj said:
Sorry if I was not able to translate/transmit it properly. I am Argentine, born here, lived my whole life here and I did not find her answer agressive or irrespectful, nor that she was saying it was an accident that she was born here or that her adoptive country was more important in her heart than her native one.

Probably, it has to do with the way and the reasons the question was made and I took for granted you would infer them. My mistake.

As I said yesterday, a part of the press here despises her and tried, tried during her official visit, to provoke her. I am sorry I could not find the video of that conference on the net to post a link, but she was in Puerto Madero, in front of The Netherlands Embassy, explaining why the UN sent her here and explaining what her mission as UN advisor was, and since she keeps Argentina in her heart, she was glad this microcredits system was begining to help people improve here but one of the journalist wanted to lead her to express political opinions (explanation: these microcredits are against to what most politicians want here) and that she was not representing The Netherlands, etc. Most likely, to get a comment out of her that would provoke a non-polite comment from our President, who lately seems to be quarreling with everyone, from the Church, to foreign presidents and own ministers, who were forced to resign (including the Economy Minister. Felicia Miceli has only been our Economy Minister for one week, since our former one quitted last week).

I do not know how much are you all aware of the social/political situation of my country, or which questions are made by tabloid like reporters and with which second intentions.

Please do receive my apologies for taking for granted that you would infer it.

It's interesting to read about the social and political situation in your country, Silvermj. I had some global knowledge of it, but your post opens some interesting insights. It surely explains why Máxima expressed herself in such a diplomatic way when it came to provocations like that. Thanks for explaining it. :)

Maxie said:
It's interesting to read about the social and political situation in your country, Silvermj. I had some global knowledge of it, but your post opens some interesting insights. It surely explains why Máxima expressed herself in such a diplomatic way when it came to provocations like that. Thanks for explaining it. :)

You are most welcome! :)

Just one final explanation: K. is how colloquially we call our president.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom