The Babywatch.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O, no, Holly. I just wish these articles were in Swedish or French. At least I could work on them better. Much easier with the French than with the Swedish as my funny attempts at the language have shown. Well, just remember I won't be a native speaker that day in the future when I'll be introduced...

introduced? Ah...as "mannen til Dronning Victoria!" (husband to Queen Victoria!). I'll try and remember that :p

And no, I'm not attempting Swedish here! I can read it, but don't ask me to write it!

The Duke of Västergotland.

kamrat works for me. I know. One time I was reading an article and I got confused on what language it was. I first thought it was Swedish but then I saw that it was Danish.
But both Danish and Norwegian have the line through the "o" vowel. Confusing.

Or some words like "på" which probably means more or less in the languages but which confuse me nonethless!

JUL_SKAUGUM_169818a.jpg

Will there be another soon?

The Press Release from the official website: www.kongehuset.no

Mediehåndtering

Det Kongelige Hoff har informasjonsansvaret ved Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsessens opphold på Rikshospitalet, og vil forestå mediehåndteringen. Sykehuset bistår med den praktiske tilretteleggingen av mediehåndteringen, men henviser alle spørsmål som kan knyttes til fødselen til Det Kongelige Hoff.

Det vil bli satt av et eget rom på Rikshospitalet for pressen i sykehusets hovedvestibyle. Under fødselen vil det ikke bli gitt noe informasjon fra Hoffets side.

Så raskt som mulig etter Kronprinsessens nedkomst, varsles den nærmeste familie og Stortingets President om at det er født en arving til Kronen. Deretter varsles Statsminister, Høyesterettsjustitiarius, biskopen i Oslo, Forsvaret og Kongelige i Europa.

Når Stortingets President er varslet, sendes det ut en offisiell kunngjøring fra Det Kongelige Hoff på Kongehusets hjemmeside www.kongehuset.no

That appears to be about the protocol to the media about questions and everything. Basically, don't call the royal palace. They alerted the families, the prime minister, Justices, the Bishop of Oslo and various royal families.

An official proclamation will be at the Royal website.

A little reminder:

A majority of Norwegians think the new royal heir due in January will be named either Olav or Ingeborg. The public will be kept guessing, however, until the first Council of State is held after the birth.

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit can't reveal the name they've chosen at the hospital. Instead, Norway's constitution decrees that the name of a new prince or princess must be announced at a Council of State.

That means the baby's father himself will inform government ministers at the council, since he's acting regent while his father King Harald recovers from cancer surgery.

The Council of State (Statsraad) normally meets every Friday morning at the Royal Palace in Oslo. If the birth occurs just after a council, however, an extraodinary session can be called.

Translation:

The Royal Court has announced that HRH the Crownprincess is at Rikshospitalet, and will manage media business. The hospital is dealing with the pracitcal aspects of media business, but advises that all questions dealing with the birth be directed to the Royal Court.

There will be a room at Rikshospital for press. During the birth there will be no information given from the Court.

As quickly as possible after the CP has delivered, the immediate family and the President of parliament will be notified that the heir to the Crown has been born. Then the prime minister, the high justices, and the bishop of Olso, and royalty in Europe will be notified.

When the president of parliament is notified, the royal court will send out an official announcement on the Royal website, www.kongehuset.no

Sorry it took me a minute to get the translation to you all. My aunt just called from Oslo! She's so excited :) No word yet...

Misread. I thought basically they didn't want the press or whomever calling the Palace. Just wait until they say something. O, well.

O. I thought it they were alerted that she went into labor. O, well again.

No worries... you did well. Basically, they said don't bug the people at the hospital as they're helping the CP deliver a baby safely, so call us - but we won't answer anything until after the birth!! Ha!

Well, guys, sad but true. This girl needs to get to bed. I start my pediatrics rotation tomorrow morning. Too bad I'm not at Rikshospitalet! Maybe I'd get to work with the new prince/princess!!!

;)

That's a good plan. Didn't I read that they asked this girl, 7, things she wanted for the government to do and what she said was that she wanted the Royals to talk more! I thought that was funny. Nothing new yet. Found an article about the doctors involved. Boring. Bascially, they called in the best doctors as rumors spread that Mette-Marit was coming in.

I wonder if Marius is at the hospital with Mum and Dad or if he is a home.

What time is it in Norway?

Photos from the Dagbladet:

haakonpano.jpg

metteXmarit02.jpg

FdeavdXRiksenXXXinnerstXi.jpg

FdeavdXRiksen.jpg

Aww, yes. I know that hospital. Look all the same to me.

And here's one of Haakon from an article. Isn't he cute?

aksugu8.jpg

Found another article on names. It appears that Olav is a good bet. But for a girl Ragnhild may be the favorite.

I can't even begin to pronounce most of the suggested names...guess I should start looking up Norwegian name pronunnciations!

Another photo. It's not great. It's from VG:

1074666878.jpg

Here's the source of the story I mentioned before. It's from Dag:

"I found an amusing enquete in this week's Donald Duck & Co.: 5 young readers were asked what he or she would do if they could be prime minister for a day. How would they spend the money? Anine (12 years perhaps?) replies:

"Jeg ville gjort kongehuset mer pratsomt, shoppet og kjøpt meg et privatfly. Og gitt alle i klassen en kabriolet!"

("I would have made the royal house more talkative, do shopping and bought myself a private plane. And I would have given everyone in my class a cabriolet!")"

A Cabriolet! Cool. Nice small car. 12 years old. Oops.

Cabriolet's were quite popular cars for students at my high school...for some reason I never really got into them...are they popular in Norway?

The hospital that Mette-Marit was admitted to was the same one where Haakon, Martha-Louise and Maud Angelica were born at.

The hospital pictures reveal a rather nice looking hospital compared to most of the ones in Colorado...there are a few nicer ones (such as that in the photo), but got the most part they are stark, bare walled, boring, buildings...inside and out.

Okay so maybe I won't be making it all the way until the baby decides to make it's apperance! Darn early morning flights that end up delayed half the day so you are awake longer then you ever wanted to be!

I'm going to bed, and will just have to log on first thing in the morning and get the latest....

My prayers and thoughts are with Mette-Merit, Hakkon, Maurius, and the rest of the Norwegian Royal Family in their time of anticipation and joy!

If born today, the future prince or princess will share a birthday with the following:

1338 Charles V (the Wise) king of France (1364-80)

1829 Oscar II Frederik King of Sweden (1872-1907) and Norway to 1905

1883 Olav Aukrust Norway, poet

1905 Christian Dior (fashion designer)

1940 Jack Nicklaus (golfer)

1941 Placido Domingo (opera singer)

1957 Geena Davis (actress)

1976 Emma (Baby spice) Lee Bunton

Fabulous research work Dennis!!!

I'm sure Hakkon and Mette-Merit will be most excited that their baby will share (maybe) their birthday with Emma Bunton, the Spice Girl!!! I know that's the one I would be most excited about!!! :p ;) :p ;) :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom