CP Haakon as United Nation's Development Programme (UNDP) Ambassador

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The trip to Zambia has started. Today, he visited the children's ward at Chongwe District Hospital where he met the 2.5 year old Ethel treated for malaria.
Picture

During his travel in Zambia, CP Haakon is focusing on the UN Millennium Development Goals and the fight against poverty. After his introduction at the University of Zambia he invited youngsters to give their perspectives on what is needed to achieve the objectives both globally and in Zambia. There was great enthusiasm from the audience, and CP Haakon takes the input on in his role as Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Development Programme.
Picture

Last edited:
In Kazungula, CP Haakon met people from several villages and got a tour of UNDP's work in rural Zambia.
Picture

2 articles about the visit
The Post Newspapers Zambia - Latest News, Politics, Business, Sports, Photos, Videos » Haakon happy to see proper clinics in Zambia
"I am very happy to be here in Zambia and I was looking forward to coming here. It is so wonderful to see the good work that is making a difference in people's lives. I know that the wonderful facilities I have seen here today work to safeguard the health of the people. I have seen that the facilities here focus on issues such as HIV and AIDS, TB… a lot of important work is being done", Prince Haakon said.

Malaria, TB fight impresses Norway
"I was looking forward to coming to Zambia and yesterday [Tuesday], I had a great time in Lusaka. I met the First Lady [Dr Christine Kaseba], who was kind enough to accompany me to check on some clinics in Chongwe.
My focus of coming here is to see how you intend to achieve the MDGs and how diseases like malaria, AIDS and TB are affecting the country. Zambia is making a lot of progress on these issues," Prince Haakon said.
And Prince Haakon said he is also impressed that students at UNZA have brilliant ideas that can help to improve the country’s economy.
"I also went to the university [UNZA], where I met students who have lots of ideas that are aimed at boosting the economy of Zambia", he said.

Yesterday, he inspected climate change adaptation projects in Siakunzwe village in Kazungula funded by the UNDP.

When CP Haakon was in Zambia he also did a Bungee jump from Victoria Falls Bridge, one of the most famous attractions for tourists.
The Royal House of Norway - Bungee jump from Victoria Falls Bridge (with a video!)

:eek:OMG!!!
I knew that he loves dangerous sports, but this jump to see was very formidable... I would like to know before such an dangerous action should he get a permission from his father the king or from the government or from his bodyguard? Maybe is he better covered against downfall as normal people?

:eek:OMG!!!
I knew that he loves dangerous sports, but this jump to see was very formidable... I would like to know before such an dangerous action should he get a permission from his father the king or from the government or from his bodyguard? Maybe is he better covered against downfall as normal people?

He does need permission from his security detail and in this newspaper article: Haakons Afrika - Aftenposten about this trip they wrote that one of his bodyguards jumped before the Crown Prince to make sure everything worked!

Yesterday, December 5, Crown Prince Haakon spoke at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Inaugural Global Goals Gala "A Night for Change" at Phillips in Manhattan, New York City.

Crown Prince Haakon is in New York City to attend the 50th anniversary of the United Nations Development Programme, followed by meetings at the UN from December 5-7.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
The Crown Prince attends the UN high-level week (New York 24 - 27 September).
Kronprinsen til New York - kongehuset.no

The Crown Prince will attend the High Level Week of the United Nations in New York in the period 24-27 September 2018. Crown Prince Haakon attends several events in connection with the UN General Assembly.

On Thursday, September 27, the Crown Prince will hold an introductory lecture on sustainable development and the UN's sustainability goals at the International Conference on Sustainable Development at Columbia University. Crown Prince Haakon is invited as a goodwill ambassador to UN Development Program, UNDP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7DeM1g2Pm/?utm_source=ig_embed

Crown Prince Haakon with Prime Minister Erna Solberg, Foreign Minister Ine Eriksen Søreide and Development Minister Nikolai Astrup on their way to the UN Headquarters in New York City this morning:

** Photo **

:previous: Thanks iceflower & LadyFinn! :flowers:

Some more photos (including two with CP Victoria):
https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td33dafe
https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td33db0b
https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td33db32
https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/editorial/td33db3b

--------------------

The Crown Prince attends the UN high-level week (New York 24 - 27 September).
Kronprinsen til New York - kongehuset.no

The Crown Prince will attend the High Level Week of the United Nations in New York in the period 24-27 September 2018. Crown Prince Haakon attends several events in connection with the UN General Assembly.

On Thursday, September 27, the Crown Prince will hold an introductory lecture on sustainable development and the UN's sustainability goals at the International Conference on Sustainable Development at Columbia University. Crown Prince Haakon is invited as a goodwill ambassador to UN Development Program, UNDP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7DeM1g2Pm/?utm_source=ig_embed
Thanks polyesco! :flowers:

English article from Oskar Aanmoen: Crown Prince Haakon to visit New York – Royal Central

And the full programme from the Royal House calendar:

September 24th:
The Crown Prince attends a high level meeting on sustainable ocean business hosted by UN Global Compact (UNGC) (UN headquarters, New York, 08:30).
The Crown Prince meets with Administrator Achim Steiner of The United Nations Development Programme, UNDP (UN headquarters, New York, 10:55)
The Crown Prince attends the launch of Youth 2030 (UN headquarters, New York, 12:00)
The Crown Prince attends the reception commemorating the centenary of the birth of Nelson Mandela (UN headquarters, New York, 18:30)
The Crown Prince attends a reception at the Museum of Modern Art hosted by UN Global Compact and Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg. "The ocean" is the theme of the reception (MOMA New York, 19:45).

September 25th:
The Crown Prince delivers a speech at Ocean Retreat hosted by UN Global Compact, UNGC (Central Park New York, 09:00)
The Crown Prince meets with representatives of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Central Park New York (09:45).
The Crown Prince attends an event on sustainable and healthy food systems hosted by EAT Food Forum and the Nordic Council of Ministers (13:15).
The Crown Prince attends the Global Goals World Cup (Chelsea Park New York, 17.00).
The Crown Prince attends a reception before the screening of the documentary «The Other Munch» directed by Emil and Joachim Trier (Lincoln Center New York (19:00).

September 26th:
The Crown Prince attends a Nordic - CARICOM luncheon hosted by the Norwegian Ambassador to the United Nations (13:15)
The Crown Prince attends a reception hosted by the United Arab Emirates (Morgan Library and Museum, 18:30).

September 27th:
The Crown Prince delivers the key note address at The International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD 2018), entitled "Development and human progress: why I believe in a brighter future" (Columbia University, 10:00).

Last edited:
From Twitter of Achim Steiner, the Administrator of UNDP.
"Honored to see @UNDP Goodwill Ambassador Crown Prince Haakon of Norway @Kronprinsparet and #SDG Advocate Crown Princess Victoria of #Sweden at the #UNGA. Both are champions of #EndPoverty, the #environment and #Agenda2030"

From Twitter of Norway's Mission in UN
"Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Victoria attended the launch of #Youth2030⁠ @UN’s strategy to engage with & empower young people. A pleasure to attend the event w/ @antonioguterres & @bts_bighit #UNGA"

Haakon and Victoria
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-.../fit=1000x750/g=G0000U36i512DndU/RUT-8936.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-.../fit=1000x750/g=G0000U36i512DndU/RUT-8847.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom