Family trip to Bergen for Akvariet and friend's wedding.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Haakon and Mette-Marit has been in Bergen this weekend celebrating a wedding of a friend, this afternoon they were in the aquarium. One of the Penguins is called Pingrid Alexandra, unfortunatly Princess Ingrid Alexandra was not with them in the aquarium, as she was taking a nap, Haakon, Mette-Marit , Marius and Sverre-Magnus was there though. Pingrid Alexandra was vaxinated against the bird flue yesterday and was not interested in the fish Haakon and Marius offered her, TV2 showed them on the news.

Last edited:
LOL.." Pingrid Alexandra".:D

It would've been soo cute to see photos of both Pingrid and Ingrid Alexandra.:)

Here is a picture series of Pingrid Alexandra and the other Penguins getting their Birds flue shot
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/ibergen/article616295.ece
some grainy screen caps from TV2 , it did not seem like there were alot of photographers there, maybe Se og Hør will have the pics from the wedding on Tuesday

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 767
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 802
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 771
  • Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
oh my gosh.. pingrid alexandra.. how funny!! :D :D :D

thanks for the pictures & wonderful story, Larzen!
great to see the family out again... :) :)

Last edited:
many thanks... I am happy to see some image ;)

very very funny pingrid alexandra :p :p :p

Last edited:
Mette-Marit will bring Prince Sverre Magnus when she on Monday* goes on her first working trip abroad since the birth. But the nanny will take care of the boy whilst she is at work, it is the head of UNAIDS Peter Piot who has invited Mette-Marit to Geneva, she will sign the UN contract as special representative on Tuesday
(....)
According to UNAIDS 1800 children under the age of 15 gets infected every day, every day 1400 children dies of AIDS related deseases and everyday 6000 people betwenn 15 and 24 gets infected, that is the reason UNAIDS and UNICEF has started the comapign Unite for Children, Unite against AIDS. Now CP Mette-Marit together with the Belgian Crown Princess Mathilde will raise awareness of what has been called the slow tsunami

My translation From http://www.bt.no/innenriks/kongehuset/article262688.ece

* the royal website says the official program start on Tuesday but both this article and the previous from aftenpostesn says she leaves tomorrow, Monday

***************************************************************************************
Yes it is....

Haakon and Mette-Marit decided to enjoy the beautiful spring weather outside.The children also looked like they enjoyed themselves, both Marius and Ingrid ALexandra was with them at the walk.

The people of Bergen could hardly belive their eyes when they saw the royal family walking at Galleriet and Torgallmenningen. We are going to a wedding and we would prefer not to be photograohed since we are bringing the children said Mette-Marit to BT.no

But royalist people in Bergen could not reatin themselves, whilst Haakon was standing with Ingrid Alexandra on the arm several people approached to talk to them, and people took out their cell phone cameras to take pictures of them.

The family is also going to the aquarium, there Ingrid Alexandra will finally get a chance to meet the famous penguin Pingrid Alexandra that is named after her. Hopefully Pingrid is in better shape than yesterday when she threw up after getting the bird flue shot
My translation from
http://www.bt.no/innenriks/kongehuset/article262623.ece
Obiously written before they knew Ingrid was not going to the aquarium. There is a video link of the vaccination of the penguins at the bottom, its grey and underlined.

Photo (mobile photo, just like Haakon has said he dont want of his children:cool: ) taken by Gordon Andersen for BT.no

Attachments

• BTimg_file444a0497b_252600b.jpg
    BTimg_file444a0497b_252600b.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
I thank you a lot of the translation and the photo ;)

Thank you Larzen for the pictures and the translations. Marius is getting to be quite a young man!;)

BT has a quite funny article, atleast it is funny in Norwegian, my translation
http://www.bt.no/innenriks/kongehuset/article262739.ece
Pingrid did not get ot meet Ingrid

Visitors that entered the Aquarium yesterday was met by a wall of cameras. The reason for the press interest was that the Crown Prince Couple was in Bergen to attend a privat wedding on saturday

Media was on their toes that there finally was a possibility for a camera moment between Princess Ingrid ALexandra and Penguin Princess Pingrid Alexandra. But before they arrived the aquarium was invaded by men in rain jackets and velvet pants that needed to make sure all was OK. Headed by a blazer man who told where the press was allowed to stand, or atleast where the photographers might take pictures.

YOu may take pictures the 3 first minutes after arrival ordered the blazer man, maybe he did not know it but it sounded exactly like the "you may film the three first songs on a rock concert" prosedure.

Every good things is possible 3 for the self proclaimed Rock Prince, when he came casually dressed with his wife, Marius and Sverre Magnus in the tram. Marius was obiously mostly interested in the aqualrium and chatted with the head of the aquarium and asked him questions,

-Stand with the back against the stone it came sharply from the blazer man, with the voice of a military offiser

But where was Ingrid ALexandra?? Was Pingrid going to be robbed of her new play mate???? We wanted pictures of Pingrid and Ingrid sighed TV2 which did not help much. Not this time smiled Haakon just as sweet as only media trained Royals knows how. It is nice to be in Bergen he smiled to the camera wall which was joined by cell phone cameras of the aquarium guests

then the blazer man shoutes Stop - in the name or love - or something like that and the family was shown away and the media was taken care of in appropriate manner
Now I wonder if there will be pictures of the wedding, this visit was obiously agreed upon with the press although I think tehy must have been disapointed Ingrid was sleeping, and Sverre Magnus in the tram where you cant see him

BT pic

Attachments

• BTimg_16174Kongepin_252757b.jpg
    BTimg_16174Kongepin_252757b.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
Larzen said:
BT has a quite funny article, atleast it is funny in Norwegian, my translation
http://www.bt.no/innenriks/kongehuset/article262739.ece
Larzen, wonderful article! thanks for the translation...
well, Pingrid must be devastated not to meet her Ingrid.
i cant still get over the fact they named the penguin "pingrid alexandra".
how incredibly funny... :D :D :D

another article of 'Pingrid' from AP :
Penguins Get Norway's First Bird Flu Shots

OSLO, Norway - Eight penguins became the first birds in Norway vaccinated against bird flu Friday after an aquarium won an eight-month battle with health authorities, a newspaper reported.
(...)
According to the Norwegian news agency NTB, the first bird vaccinated was 9-month-old Pingrid Alexandra, whose name plays on that of Norway's future queen, Ingrid Alexandra.
Pingrid Alexandra promptly threw up, while the other birds did not appear to have an adverse reaction.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060422/ap_on_sc/norway_safe_penguins

Apparently Stellapictures has several photos of the event, here they are via facetoface :

Attachments

• 00916243.jpg
    00916243.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 495
  • 00916244.jpg
    00916244.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 457
  • 00916245.jpg
    00916245.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 512
  • 00916246.jpg
    00916246.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 533
  • 00916247.jpg
    00916247.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 564
  • 00916248.jpg
    00916248.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 598
  • 00916249.jpg
    00916249.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Marius has such a debonair look now! I guess he's taking his behavior mostly from Haakon, good for the kid to be such a pro at his age!:)

Thanks for posting all those fab pictures , its great to see Princess MM out and about!

that they are marvelous, Marius this very greater and very good-looking one and Sverre as is so small goes in his cart, I remain with the desires to see it :p

Mette-Marit looks very bundeled up in the spring weather, a turlte neck, a woolen jacket and a thick over coat

1 A small one of Haakon and Ingrid in the town, on Friday I think, grainy so obiously another camera picture. Also from BT
2 They are on the cover of one of the two local papers in Bergen (BA)

Attachments

• newPic_3255_jpg_252612a.jpg
    newPic_3255_jpg_252612a.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 688
  • jflsfdjlkdg.jpg
    jflsfdjlkdg.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
wow a marvelous one pinc of the small Ingrid she is all beautiful :D Thanksss larzen !!!!!

How cute to see the whole family out and about like that, even (P)ingrid Alexandra who's growing by each time we see her! Thanks for all the fab pictures, and the translations as well, Larzen!

It's nice that they do have some agreements with the press regarding this. Three minutes is not a lot to take pictures on, but the press gets better pictures if the subjects are willing, and if the press agree on the terms it is probably more likely that we will get to see more pictures from events such as this - instead of Haakon and Mette-Marit visiting while Akvariet is closed for others, for example.

It's fun to watch Ingrid Alexandra's growth in pictures.

I would love to see a bigger picture of IA. Has anyone found it? Why is there only one of her? Marius looks so grown up, did they have any picture of SM?

a picture of last week's Haakon & MM's friends' wedding in Bergen...

BERGEN 2006-04-22
The norwegian crown prince Haakon and crown princess Mette-Marit attended the wedding of their friends Anders Stenhagen and Asta Ellingsen. The picture is taken during the festivities in Grand Hotel Terminus, Bergen, Norway. The women next to Haakon are not identified.
Photo: Silje Robinson/Bergensavisen (via brunopress)

The wedding pics from Bergen, Haakons long time friend Anders Stenshagen married his girlfriend Asta Ellingsen in Fana church. The wedding Party was held at Grand Hotel Terminus in Bergen. In the 2 pic you can see Haakon and Mette-Marits best friend Morten Andreassen and his wife Anita Sjong

scanned by me from se og hør from TRF

Mette-Marit looks very pretty, I love her dress and shoes! I wish I could see a close up of her jewels though. :)

When was the wedding? MM looks pregnant in the one picture -- was it before Sverre was born?

Emily said:
When was the wedding? MM looks pregnant in the one picture -- was it before Sverre was born?

I belive that wedding was last week. Before she visit Geneve.

Larzen said:
The wedding pics from Bergen, Haakons long time friend Anders Stenshagen married his girlfriend Asta Ellingsen in Fana church. The wedding Party was held at Grand Hotel Terminus in Bergen. In the 2 pic you can see Haakon and Mette-Marits best friend Morten Andreassen and his wife Anita Sjong

scanned by me from se og hør from TRF

Thanks for these wonderful pictures, Larzen! :) I love the flowiness of Mette-Marit's outfit, from the sweep of the dress to the her scarf.

I often think that Mette-Marit dresses much better in private or personal occasions than she does for public ones. I think because her style is so laid back and relaxed, that it doesn't always transcend well in a professional setting. But when attending weddings or parties on her own, she has a very distinct sense of style that is very nice and fun.

Thanks for the scans Larzen. Mette-Marit's hair, make up and shoes seem appropriate for a wedding. But I have honestly never seen a casual turtleneck and scarf worn with a formal skirt..:eek:

Alisa said:
Thanks for the scans Larzen. Mette-Marit's hair, make up and shoes seem appropriate for a wedding. But I have honestly never seen a casual turtleneck and scarf worn with a formal skirt..:eek:

must admit I have seen a casual turtle neck with a formal skirt , but not with a scarf , but I love it , somthing diffrent
(Penelope Crews did for the premiere of Vanilla sky)

i don't like hwat she was wearing. not appropriate for a wedding. she's got a real big tummy. i think, with all respect, being such a public figure she should take more care of her appearence and maybe flatten a bit her tummy. i am not saying that she needs to start looking like a broomstick, far from that. my favourite is amxima who looks good at all points without looking too thin. probably that way she'll stope wearing black and when she wears white it will look good on her.

nokklav said:
i don't like hwat she was wearing. not appropriate for a wedding. she's got a real big tummy. i think, with all respect, being such a public figure she should take more care of her appearence and maybe flatten a bit her tummy. i am not saying that she needs to start looking like a broomstick, far from that. my favourite is amxima who looks good at all points without looking too thin. probably that way she'll stope wearing black and when she wears white it will look good on her.

Mette Marit just had a Baby not too long ago and it was her 3rd pregnancy so I`m not surprised that she still has a little pouch. I would be happy if my figure would be like hers after my 3rd child my pouch is much biger

i have all respect for a 3rd time mummy. and i agree with you. i hope to have her legs after my third baby. what i mean is that genrally speaking she seems to have 'relaxed' in the sense that she is not taking care of her public appearence. a princess is not just outfits and hats i know, but she's one of the main represenatives of her country (at least for me) so i think she should take a little more care of herself. after all she's a princess.

must admit the skirt doesnt do much for her round the waist , but could'nt it be a bad picture??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom