King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks Iceflower. The pic of the King with all the children is so cute.

Has anyone heard anything about the Queen's knee recovery? Is there any limp, still? Just wondering.

Last edited:
:previous:

Philippe looks so much more at ease in Dutch nowadays, he might never be as fluent as he is in French but you can say that he doesn't feel weird speaking the language and can hold a good conversation on it nowadays, he set up to improve his language skills and I think we can say he succeeded. (I still remember his speech at Baudouin's funeral and it was nearly cringeworthy)

That is also helping his image immensely, plus his children are really fluent in both languages so people across the country see them with good eyes :)

And I have to say I love Mathilde in bright, solid colors. Her best looks come out from those IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a lunch for the winner of the King Baudouin foundation for development in Africa, Burundian organization ADISCO, at the Royal Castle in Laeken today, June 3:

** belga gallery **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a lunch for the winner of the King Baudouin foundation for development in Africa, Burundian organization ADISCO, at the Royal Castle in Laeken today, June 3:

** belga gallery **

Mathilde looked great in those color combination.
A fe more better quality pictures from Gettyimages

Prior to the traditional summer opening of the Royal Palace of Brussels to the public King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the official opening of the exhibition 'Science and Culture at the Palace' today, July 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

Very good mood for the Royal couple . Besides the summer holidays is coming.....:)

As in previous years King Philippe, Queen Mahilde and the children participated in the Car Free Sunday in Brussels yesterday, September 20:

** facetoface gallery **

I love how the children look so excited about the cake :lol:
They are like their father, uncle and aunt, who LOVE food :ROFLMAO:

And just like any other children, which is also nice to see :)

They live in a castle and and have a private botanic garden at home. That alone suggests to me they are not "just like any other children". I've noticed though that the current Belgian and Danish royal familes in particular are very good at using "ordinary family" images as a PR asset. The British or Spanish royal families on the other hand tend to do that less frequently.

Last edited:
They live in a castle and and have a private botanic garden at home. That alone suggests to me they are not "just like any other children". I've noticed though that the current Belgian and Danish royal familes in particular are very good at using "ordinary family" images as a PR asset. The British or Spanish royal families on the other hand tend to do that less frequently.

The Spanish Royal Family did it a lot when the current King was little, nowadays people are usually WTFing at how little Leonor and Sofía Jr are seen, since we watched their father and aunts grow up.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the award ceremony of the 'Prijs der Nederlandse Letteren', Dutch literature prize, at the Royal Palace today, October 8:

** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the launch of the campaign for the Belgian membership of the United Nations Security Council in Brussels today, October 23:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

On October 20 King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted their annual reception for the press and King Philippe took some photos himself :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom