Charles and Camilla: Visit to Japan, Brunei & Indonesia - October 27-November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure but I believe Muslims Monarchs don't expect a long curtsy from anyone.

This could be it, but I don't profess to know. I am, however, sure that the proper course would have been ascertained and adopted by Camilla, who would not embarrass Charles by failing to observe protocol.

Camilla's skin and hair look really nice, but I don't think that she should "do" ruffles on her bodice. I have a similar shape; and although I'm about 15 years younger, I gave up ruffles a long time ago.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you giov and milla Ca for todays picks, a lovely selection once again.:flowers: Perhaps Charles does not need glasses for reading, many don't, Camillas look rather nice I thought. At the very least she is not doing a Dame Edna.:D
Camilla's skin and hair look really nice, but I don't think that she should "do" ruffles on her bodice. I have a similar shape; and although I'm about 15 years younger, I gave up ruffles a long time ago.:)
I like them, they add a little flair to a plain neckline, IMO. You would hate my collection of Jabot blouses then, they put ruffles in the shade!:D

Britain's Prince Charles, a long-time champion of 'green' causes, singled out Brunei's Heart of Borneo (HoB) initiative for special praise, on its determination to protect the standing rainforest that covers more than 60 per cent of the country

Brunei's News Headlines - Brudirect.com

I am not sure but I believe Muslims Monarchs don't expect a long curtsy from anyone.

Although curtsy is not Muslim's tradition, but I think curtsy is a royal code to show your respect. Usually in Muslim especially Malay world, curtsy is followed by kissing hand. Even the Queen of Malaysia curtsy to Sultan Bolkiah and Queen Saleha of Brunei. So I guess DOC should curtsy in front of both of them.

I just have to say, Charles has gotten better looking with time! He is much more distinguished, relaxed, and elegant now. I also admit I like a man with a little gray in his hair--

Really, I'd say the exact opposite. Camilla has gotten better looking with age though.

Thank you Banda-windsor, I have never seen those pictures of the Princess before. :)

Really, I'd say the exact opposite. Camilla has gotten better looking with age though.

Camilla really does look splendid, doesn't she?

Last edited by a moderator:
If only it weren't for the lines around her mouth from years of smoking, which are in no way attractive or flattering...

Other than that Camilla is looking quite good nowadays.

Thank you to all for pics and posts. Where did D of C get those specs., are they really outdated or is she setting a new trend?

If only it weren't for the lines around her mouth from years of smoking, which are in no way attractive or flattering.

Other than that Camilla is looking quite good nowadays.
The lines around the mouth, and there are very few, come from living, smiling and of course age. :flowers:
Some more pics from yesterday:

The Prince of Wales arrives at Jakarta Airport
November 1
Thank you for the pictures milla Ca, here comes the, for some, boring bit.:D

Twenty-six Bruneian students who have graduated from the University of Wales, Cardiff (UWIC) across a range of subjects, had a day to cherish Saturday (Nov1) as their degree award ceremony was honoured by the attendance of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall who also presented the scrolls to the triumphant graduates

Brunei's Local News - Brudirect.com

:flowers:Thank you for the pictures milla Ca, here comes the, for some, boring bit.:D

It seems to be a ´empty´ place by his side ....i have to say, i understand the Duchess, but i miss her at every pic ....:rolleyes:
(Although everyone here knows how much i adore ´my most handsome Prince´...:D)

The lines around the mouth, and there are very few, come from living, smiling and of course age.

Smoking encourages the formation of vertical lines around the mouth, lines which entirely reflect those of the Duchess.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/spotthediff-1.jpg

Take into account her age of course, but it would be green of anyone to overlook the influence of nicotine absorption and attribute these lines solely to living, smiling and age when they are characteristically associated with smoking...:flowers:

Charles looks great in grey suits. Always playing with his cufflinks..hehe..an endering trait for me.

Take into account her age of course, but it would be green of anyone to overlook the influence of nicotine absorption and attribute these lines solely to living, smiling and age when they are characteristically associated with smoking...:flowers:
Less lines than many of my non smoking friends, but there you are, we must all be green (naive)!:whistling:

I think Camilla looks better than she used to. She's not a beautiful woman, but I've been impressed by how nice her hair and clothing look nowadays. She looks the part of a prince's wife. Yes, Camilla has quite a few wrinkles, but if she's escaped from years of smoking with only wrinkles, that's something she should be thankful for.

I think Camilla looks better than she used to. She's not a beautiful woman, but I've been impressed by how nice her hair and clothing look nowadays. She looks the part of a prince's wife. Yes, Camilla has quite a few wrinkles, but if she's escaped from years of smoking with only wrinkles, that's something she should be thankful for.

Yes, that's a good point about the smoking.

Camilla might not be a classically beautiful woman, but she has the most wonderful smiling eyes. A beautiful exterior might be desirable, but it's what's inside that makes a person good company and a loyal friend and supportive wife. The smile in those eyes can't be faked. It must be contagious too, since Charles now has the same look.

Camilla's done what she needed to do to look the part of the future King's wife, and she always looks good, IMO.

Congratulations to Prince Charles for his untiring work for the preservation of the environment. He's worked hard over the years to be in a position now where people from all walks of life are listening to him.

Sun-bathing has quite an effect, too. I'm so glad that I wasn't an outdoorsy person.:)
Yes, that is a contributing factor I must admit. The townies among my friends, (the ones who saw a bit of mud on their shoes and had the vapours) do seem to have aged, on the whole better than the country set.:D However with the ozone getting weaker and the sun getting stronger, the youngsters nowadays will have greater problems. IMO. I'm sure many posting on here will hope to escape the ravages of time, 99.9% of them will fail!:ROFLMAO:
Smoking encourages the formation of vertical lines around the mouth, lines which entirely reflect those of the Duchess.
I am still trying to find the original of the picture you posted for my collection, any help in that direction?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Prince Charles of Britain called on the Indonesian government to keep its commitment to preserving its forests as damage to forest areas in various countries had caused climate change, ANTARA news agency reported Monday.

Visiting Prince Charles, who arrived here on Sunday, made the appeal during observation tour of the Indonesian Rain Forest Ecosystem Restoration park in Bungku village, Batanghari district

Prince Charles Asks Indonesia To Preserve Its Forests :: Bernama.com

[/FONT]Britain's Prince Charles met with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on Monday, discussing issues of global warming and the ties between the Islamand the West, state spokesman Dino Patti Djalal said.

Prince Charles visits Indonesia, discussing global warming - People's Daily Online

This is the visit in pictures from the BBC, in picture 9, I wonder if Camilla is saying "This is what you want for your birthday"!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7705890.stm

Again a special THANK YOU to Skydragon and giov for the articles and pics!:flowers:
I think we can sum up: A happy Prince is doing a great job!:wub:

So, we have to feel SORRY to her because she is too old travelling around, oh darling I'm tired!

I hadn't expected to be back here so soon to submit another post with photos from Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla's visit to British Forces in Brunei. Link to flash gallery containing 86 pictures in blog post.

PRINCE CHARLES AND DUCHESS CAMILLA VISIT BRITISH FORCES BRUNEI « SHIMWORLD

Enjoy!
Welcome and Thank you for this, the Gurkhas must count as among, if not the, bravest fighters in the world and we, the British, have been privileged to have them on our side.:rose2: Charles and Camilla must have been so proud to meet them!:notworthy:

These to me are delightful pictures, fine lines and all!:whistling:These from Getty.
One
Two
Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom