The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sure Camilla will listen to the boys if ever needed but I'm not so sure they would turn to her. If they feel they can then great for them but there are other women in or outside of the family that they would probably choose to speak to first. To name a few their old nanny (with whom they were very close to), Diana's sisters, Princess Anne, the Queen...

Old 05-18-2005, 03:25 AM
Administrator

Camilla the Nice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
can you or anybody please tell me why you think that Harry would like her?
God forbid, perhaps Camilla is a nice person? I've yet to read an opposite opinion from anyone who actually knows her. Which, stating the obvious, none of us do.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
but there are other women in or outside of the family that they would probably choose to speak to first. To name a few their old nanny (with whom they were very close to), Diana's sisters, Princess Anne, the Queen...
I think you've listed the Queen twice -- she is the Queen as well as being their "old nanny."

I don't know how close William and Harry really are to their maternal aunts and uncle. Despite Earl Spencer's vow at Diana's funeral that William and Harry would be raised in the manner Diana would've wanted by her "blood relatives" (or something like that), I think Diana's sisters and brother saw William and Harry a handful of times in the months after Diana's death but not too often in recent years. They of course saw them at Francis Shand's funeral, but with William being away at St. Andrew's and Harry travelling during his gap year, I don't think they see much of their Spencer aunts to confide in them. Frankly, I don't think they see much of Princess Anne or Sophie either to have a relationship that they would feel comfortable to confide in them the way they might with their mother. Camilla and the Queen are probably the two maternal figures they see the most and have the most interaction with.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would think of Anne first, her son is sort of similar to William and Harry, she is closer in age and does not have the emotional baggage Camilla brings (even though they might like her a lot)

Anne is often overlooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think you've listed the Queen twice -- she is the Queen as well as being their "old nanny."

I don't know how close William and Harry really are to their maternal aunts and uncle. Despite Earl Spencer's vow at Diana's funeral that William and Harry would be raised in the manner Diana would've wanted by her "blood relatives" (or something like that), I think Diana's sisters and brother saw William and Harry a handful of times in the months after Diana's death but not too often in recent years. They of course saw them at Francis Shand's funeral, but with William being away at St. Andrew's and Harry travelling during his gap year, I don't think they see much of their Spencer aunts to confide in them. Frankly, I don't think they see much of Princess Anne or Sophie either to have a relationship that they would feel comfortable to confide in them the way they might with their mother. Camilla and the Queen are probably the two maternal figures they see the most and have the most interaction with.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you mean Camilla has alot of emotional baggage?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
I would think of Anne first, her son is sort of similar to William and Harry, she is closer in age and does not have the emotional baggage Camilla brings (even though they might like her a lot)

Anne is often overlooked.
Whilst I adore the Princess Royal I can't see her being the motherly type. In fact, she has admitted herself that maternal instincts don't come easily to her. I would think that she could be a bit intimidating and her attitude could be a little "stop whinging & get on with it". Having said that I understand that both
William & Harry are very close to Peter Phillips who they look upon as an older brother figure.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Don't forget Tiggy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I read this post to refer to the former Tiggy Legge-Burke, who was a "nanny" of sorts, but became more of a confidant to the Princes, to Diana's chagrin. (Remember Diana accused Tiggy, at a party at Highgrove, of having had an abortion. Not nice.)

We don't hear much of Tiggy these days, especially since she married, but no doubt she is still part of the Prince of Wales circle. So perhaps she has an on-going relationship with Wills and Harry.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy

Camilla

I WAS WONDERING WAS CAMILLA AT THE OPENING OF PARLERMENT,BECAUSE I DO REMEMBER DIANA IN THE COACH WITH THE QUEEN WHEN SHE WAS FIRST MARRIED TO CHARLES????
Old 05-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie
I WAS WONDERING WAS CAMILLA AT THE OPENING OF PARLERMENT,BECAUSE I DO REMEMBER DIANA IN THE COACH WITH THE QUEEN WHEN SHE WAS FIRST MARRIED TO CHARLES????
no!

she not attend at parliament with HM Queen because she very busy with schedules to do!

when Princess Diana been attend there at Parliament in 1981 since she got married to Prince Charles they later she attend there in 1992 because she very popular Princess but she will become Queen of England that why she attend there!

many people dont wanted Camilla at parliament because she not going become Queen of England because of favourite Princess Diana very much and im sure many people wanted William to become King after his dad and Granny the HM Queen but i would agree with that!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure that Camilla will be just as likely to attend the opening of Parliament one of these years as Diana was, or Princess Anne. It's probably simply a matter of the ceremony following rather soon after the wedding and a feeling that Camilla should be eased into her role rather than being involved in something official with such a high profile so soon after her wedding. Diana used that event at least once to upstage the Queen, and I'm sure that if Camilla had been there this year it'd have happened again, what with being the first time she'd have been done up in a tiara and everything. Much better to let the first grand-togs-and-tiara occasion be something less official.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really don't think that Camilla is hated that much by the royal family that she would not be able to go.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

I thought that the members of the family attending had been curtailed some years ago and now it was only Her Majesty & the Duke of Edinburgh who went. I have a feeling it came about when Mr Blair began the reformation of the House of Lords. Prior to that Prince Charles was entitled to a seat in the house as were the Dukes of Kent & Gloucester. In the reorganisation these seats were, I think, given up.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh. Ok. I didn't know this.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Yes Wymanda you are spot on. The Opening of Parliament has been restricted to the Queen and Prince Philip for the past few years now. The only exception has been the odd inclusion of Prince Charles and Princess Anne. The days when the Kents and Gloucesters also attended seem to have stopped altogether. I don't know why this has happened. It may have been, as you say, something to do with the Prime Minister's intervention but I really don't know. The last time the Kents and Gloucesters were there was, I think, in in 1990's but I can't rightly recall.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

You talk about the Prime Minister's intervention. But doesn't Blair find any ally in the royal family?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Nobility

Well yes he is quite chummy with them but has made no secret of his desire to scale the whole operation down.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
Charles himself never said he was in love with Diana--remember the interview, when asked if he was in love, he said "whatever love is?" He was always in love with Camilla, never with Diana.
I believe he didn't believe in feeling in love, versus developing a strong relationship based on common interests and experiences. I believe that is what he meant. Furthermore he wasn't given enough time to explain what he meant. As for Diana's mental health, there were a lot of issues that showed up early in her childhood. I think I should start a thread about her mental issues. I believe that during the early part of their marriage Charles was proud of her popularity, but he and the royals grew concerned when Diana started getting competitive. It was that competitiveness that caused a fracturing.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think he was ever proud of her.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Courtier

I do think that Charles was proud of her in the beginning. But when she started believing in her "Royal Power"(my phrase), she put a wedge between them. I also believe that Charles definitely knew was "In Love" means, because he was and still is in love with Camilla.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I must agree that Charles knew everything about love.

Tags
camilla, diana princess of wales, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, relationships