Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Diana and Camilla's Relationship

What kind of relationship did Diana and Camilla have in the beginning?

PRINCESS DIANA AND CAMILLA PARKER BOWLES 1980

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,321
Diana's body language around Camilla was defensive, so although Camilla tried to control from the start, Diana tried to resist from the start. Diana managed to get Camilla excluded from the bridal breakfast, so their "friendship" was short-lived.

so people wanted them to be friends at first...

i knew about it!

before Diana was marry to Prince Charles she knew of those present from Camilla "Freds and Gladys" of bracelets but she got upset.

after both got married & children was born but Charles been gone with Camilla after Harry's birth but Diana hates it!

Diana called Camilla as Rotweiller like as "cat and mouse" and also tabloids, magazines too!

after Diana's loses titles Camilla stayed away from Royal Family but Diana wanted stayed apart of their marriage but its already collasped its fault Camilla!

Sara Boyce

In the beginning I think they got along ok but would never be close friends. I think Diana disliked or felt uncomfortable with most of Charles' friends, particularly the women. Remember Camilla was pleased that Diana seemed quiet as a mouse and assumed she wouldn't cause any trouble. I think Camilla tried to get to know Diana for her own self-interest (to see how she could still fit into Charles' life), not to be nice and help Diana out in her new life.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Apr 14th, 2004 - 11:02 am
In the beginning I think they got along ok but would never be close friends. I think Diana disliked or felt uncomfortable with most of Charles' friends, particularly the women. Remember Camilla was pleased that Diana seemed quiet as a mouse and assumed she wouldn't cause any trouble. I think Camilla tried to get to know Diana for her own self-interest (to see how she could still fit into Charles' life), not to be nice and help Diana out in her new life.
I been read in Diana's book after she died but i never met her before but i met Prince Charles at Prince's trust i shake him!

I been read Diana's book about Diana been engagement to Prince Charles in 1981 but Diana found out of bracelets of Freds and Gladys but Diana got bigger upset! while Prince Charles been away to Australia about 6 weeks.

after Prince Harry's birth Charles been seen Camilla lots but Diana dont like see him see her lots but Diana told him please dont see Camilla lots since both got marriage but Diana got collaspe because Charles got affair in 1970's with Camilla before Diana Spencer Prince Charles been chat with Camilla on the phone about woman's female of Tampax that really sick things! i did read about it! that really digustings! Prince William told his mummy about Prince Charles he chat with another woman who been chat with female's tampax! that really sick!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Apr 14th, 2004 - 11:02 am
Well said Lady Jean!!

And boy did Camilla get a surprise!! AND serves her right too!! Bravo to Diana!!

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:04 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:04 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lady Jean@Apr 14th, 2004 - 11:02 am
In the beginning I think they got along ok but would never be close friends.  I think Diana disliked or felt uncomfortable with most of Charles' friends, particularly the women.  Remember Camilla was pleased that Diana seemed quiet as a mouse and assumed she wouldn't cause any trouble.  I think Camilla tried to get to know Diana for her own self-interest (to see how she could still fit into Charles' life), not to be nice and help Diana out in her new life.
Well said Lady Jean!!

And boy did Camilla get a surprise!! AND serves her right too!! Bravo to Diana!! [/b][/quote]
I think William would let Camilla kick out from Clarence House because Camilla had done! she been affair with his dad Diana told William when he was little boys his mom told him about it but William plans to kick Camilla out from Clarence House its William's idea!

Sara Boyce

She has always been Prince Charles' "bit on the side". It seems so flipant until one considers that their irresponsible behaviour resulted in the premature death of a young mother and the breakdown of another marraige. It's sickening for those poor boys, not to mention the Parker-Bowles children. I wish that Charles and his floozy would disappear and do us all a favour.

I find it disturbing that Camilla will call Diana a "mouse" and take advantage of a young vunerable at the time person as Diana was. if anything, if she had a heart she would've tried to stay away from Charles and get her nose out of someone else's marriage. There's always other mates in the sea, why focus on ones that are not yours? I'm not completly blaming Camilla but Charles also on this. Diana still comes out the better woman because she didn't stoop to camilla's level and beat her behind like i probabley wouldve did.

Originally posted by babar100@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:48 am
I find it disturbing that Camilla will call Diana a "mouse" and take advantage of a young vunerable at the time person as Diana was. if anything, if she had a heart she would've tried to stay away from Charles and get her nose out of someone else's marriage. There's always other mates in the sea, why focus on ones that are not yours? I'm not completly blaming Camilla but Charles also on this. Diana still comes out the better woman because she didn't stoop to camilla's level and beat her behind like i probabley wouldve did.
Well said Babar!! I am in total agreement with you!!!!

Originally posted by angela@Jun 18th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
She has always been Prince Charles' "bit on the side". It seems so flipant until one considers that their irresponsible behaviour resulted in the premature death of a young mother and the breakdown of another marraige. It's sickening for those poor boys, not to mention the Parker-Bowles children. I wish that Charles and his floozy would disappear and do us all a favour.
Unfortunately, that is not going to happen.

We all know the story of Prince Charles and Lady Diana, but I was just wondering what you guys thought about this subject. Diana did love Charles but Charles had his love stored for someone other than Diana. I have always wondered what do you think what would happened if Charles hadn't rekindled his relashionship with Camilla with his marriage with Diana? They both loved each other in the beginning but that did not last very long. I have always wondered this also why did Charles marry Diana if he really loved Camilla all a long? He hurt Diana so by having love else where.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the time the Prince of Wales could ONLY marry a virgin. And Camilla wasn't. And by many accounts, Charles told Diana that his father told him that if the marriage wasn't working out after 5 years, to have an affair. It has also been said that Charles told Diana that he did not want to be the only Prince of Wales in history to have never had a mistress.

Did Diana love Charles, my personal opinion is that she did 'til the day she died. As for Charles, I think he loved Diana, as long as she was adoring and coddling him. Once she saw him as a real person, and treated him that way, it was over. But, this is my opinion. It must be stated that we will NEVER truly know what went on their marriage. It is all speculation on our parts.

i don't think charles ever really diana in a way that man should love a woman to marry her. i do think diana love him though. i believe charles married diana out of a sense of duty....she came from the right circle so she was marriage material.

Diana was in love with the fact that she could be married. I don't believe that she loved Charles. Charles knew that his fate was his demise as far as he and Camilla go. He just wanted to please people. He never loved her.

Sammy said:
At the time the Prince of Wales could ONLY marry a virgin. And Camilla wasn't. And by many accounts, Charles told Diana that his father told him that if the marriage wasn't working out after 5 years, to have an affair. It has also been said that Charles told Diana that he did not want to be the only Prince of Wales in history to have never had a mistress.

Did Diana love Charles, my personal opinion is that she did 'til the day she died. As for Charles, I think he loved Diana, as long as she was adoring and coddling him. Once she saw him as a real person, and treated him that way, it was over. But, this is my opinion. It must be stated that we will NEVER truly know what went on their marriage. It is all speculation on our parts.

Was it true that he could ONLY marry a virgin? Or was that just something Charles and Lord Mountbatten wanted?

Diana was very much in love with Charles. It's very evident on her face in the very early photos. Being a princess and future queen was just icing on the cake.

I think Diana was in love with the idea of being a princess. She was in love with the Prince of Wales but not the man who held the title.

She came from an unhappy childhood and believed in happy ever after from the Barbara Cartland (her step maternal grandmother) and Mills and Boon stories - just like a lot of other 19 year old girls.

I think that if Diana and Charles had been happier with each other, he might not have rekindled his relationship with Camilla. It seems that Diana wasn't mature enough at her age and level of experience to handle his ambivalence about his marriage. Very sad situation all round.

I have agree with posts!

Princess Diana comes from unhappy childhood because her parents got divorces when she was little girls and her dad had custody of children includes Diana when she was little girls when her mum away and they had affair with wallpaper man they Diana dont like her new step-mother Raine when her dad got married but Diana recalled her step-mother all the times.

i watch biography tv that Princess Diana really loves with Prince of Wales when she met him at Althorp she was 16! and the authors or friends told biography about Diana fell in love with Prince of Wales and she collectors of Prince of Wales includes posters,pictures about him! they later her 2 sister been dating with Prince of Wales before Diana.

i would agree with your posts that Prince Charles dont love with Diana very much for more reason! because Charles go back with her longtime lover Camilla since 1970's when Charles met Camilla at party. When Prince Charles DID love with Diana since 1981-1984 im not sure about that since Prince Harry's birth but Diana dont like seem Charles see Camilla back!

when Prince Charles got married to Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 both become Prince and Princess of Wales they later got split in 1992 for 4 years Prince Charles and Princess Diana had each interview Prince Charles had interview in 1994 about Camilla and lots of more after Charles. They Diana's interview she DID had affiars with James Hewitt since 1986-1990 and she had bulimia when she married with Prince Charles, lots of more! but HM Queen order Prince Charles and Princess Diana for divorces getting ENOUGH in the taboilds everyday! HM says she totally sick to heard in the taboilds! the Prince & Princess of Wales finalized divorces in 1996.Diana known as Diana,Princess of Wales or Princess of Wales nobody takes her titles!

Sara Boyce

Charles was a wimp for not standing up to his parents and marrying Camilla when they were kids.

Ya I know what you mean!. They have grown up around a man who has hurt their mother and abused the laws of love and marriage and has been distant from them all their lives. People grow up to be like their parents it really is true! Like father like son. Now I am not saying they can't be different from their father I am just saying that because of their father they have a tendency to lean on his actions of his life.

I think Charles and Diana were deeply in love when they were married.
But the age difference at 13 years and the fact that they were so different wasnt very good for the realitionship. Diana was only 19 years old, and very naiv (as she said herself), but maybe Charles did not really understand how insecure she was.
I believe he was very proud of her and happy that she was so popular in the beginning, but as their realitionship grew colder he bacame jealous as the only one the press was interested in, was her.
But as many others has stated, we will never know the truth about what really happened, so this is just my wiew on the case. =)

Charles himself never said he was in love with Diana--remember the interview, when asked if he was in love, he said "whatever love is?" He was always in love with Camilla, never with Diana.

I think that in some point, Diana loved Charles.....I think that Charles felt attracted to her..and, he couldn´t marry Camilla, so he chose a very beautiful and carismatic bride...but, Diana was too fragil and Charles too tought.....to, the marriage went away....that´s my opinion..Plus, Charles aways loved Camilla and Diana, surely knew that he loved Camilla when he married her...

But by that tiem is was too late-the tea towels story

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Diana was in love with the fact that she could be married. I don't believe that she loved Charles. Charles knew that his fate was his demise as far as he and Camilla go. He just wanted to please people. He never loved her.

I think that Charles did truly love Diana in the beginning. It may not have been a grand passionate love, but I think that he actually did love her and was committed to making the marriage work in the beginning if only for the sake of public appearances.

But Diana was a very young, not too worldly or mature young girl, she was insecure and I think she because rather too demanding for Charles who had been independent and a bachelor for so long that he probably thought her insecurities were rather annoying and a bit nagging.

Then of course she grew into herself after having her sons. She took a greater interest in the clothes she wore, gained great popularity and began to surpass Charles in public interest - and that probably didn't sit too well with Charles, and thus the tears in an already weak marriage began to fall apart.

Charles was too "old" for Diana

Charles waited too late to get married, women his age had baggage unbecomming to his "stage in life". He had already been around the block and back when he married a shy little young Diana who could barely lift her head when talking to people. Charles should have married when he was younger, to someone closer in age...What was he waiting for? (said in jest)

Truly sad how things worked out. In a way he had no other choice than to marry Diana, she was probably the best of the willing that could be found for him.

May her sweet, sweet soul rest in peace. And to the newlyweds, Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom