The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2006, 03:59 AM
Serene Highness

That's really cool that you got a reply. Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear she writes back.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:34 AM

Thanks everyone - now back on terra firma but everytime I look at it on the wall, I can't help but smile.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

that's great sam! congratulations! thanks for telling us and showing us the pictures. it must be so exciting...

i agree, camilla is a lovely lady and you had a wonderful idea of telling her how respected she is.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

what a lovely gesture from you BeatrixFan, i'm so proud of you and excited for the letter. it is so cool for her to not only take time to respond, but to know that it was read and appreciated must really be a great feeling. Shows alot of class and caring on both of your actions.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

WOW really great!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Congrats to you BeatrixFan ! :)

Camilla is definitively a wonderful lady, I really hope that she will be Queen of England one day !

I heard a story at the time of Charles and Camilla's wedding about a woman who had sent letters to Camilla for years (even when Princess Diana was still alive), to tell her how much she admired her and to give Camilla all of her support . And Camilla didn't forget this woman and even invited her to her wedding with Charles !! Wonderful, isn't it ?
So, who knows, BeatrixFan, maybe you will meet her someday ??!! :) :) :)
Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, at this rate I reckon Sam will be getting an invite to the coronation!

Seriously, it's nice that she signed it herself and didn't do the usual royal "I am commanded by Her Royal Highness to thank you..." signed by one of the ladies in waiting. Mind you, once she starts getting huge amounts of mail, she may have to resort to handing it over to ladies in waiting to deal with.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Well, I've met HRH very briefly and I had no lasting reminder of it so this is something a bit more permanent. I have to admit, I was a bit gushing in my letter and outrageously obsequious but that's life!

And if I do get an invite to the coronation, I'll be sure to smuggle a few of you in under my robes! :p
Old 06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
And if I do get an invite to the coronation, I'll be sure to smuggle a few of you in under my robes! :p
Can I make a reservation? :p
Old 06-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Can I make a reservation? :p
Wouldn't mind either. It's a one-life opportunity!
So what about reservation? :p
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You will need a really big ones
Old 06-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Commoner

Talking

Please ensure there's space for me under your robe too!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Commoner

Lovely news! I really think that camilla is a lovely woman. Verry nice of her to send you back a letter. I would like to see her monogram so if you can scan it that would be verry nice!!

lets hope we all get a nice letter!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Beatrixfan, congratulations! That was a very nice gesture of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, to take the time to do that. Means that what you wrote to her family was received fondly and well appreciated.
Currently I'm watching TV, the (USA) History Channel, as I was reading your post, and they were showing the old letters in the 19th century (they are doing a TV marathon on 19th century USA presidents). So, that letter that you received is now part of a modern history social/royal event. Save it well, find online information on how to preserve it for the future so the paper is not affected by time. One day, next century, that letter will be enjoyed and appreciated by your descendants if not end up in an historical collection about royal life in the 21st century before King Charles was crowned. You have history in your hands, congratulations! :)

ps. I found that on the website of The History Channel they post twelve recomendations on how to preserve letters.

Quote:
Well, I've met HRH very briefly and I had no lasting reminder of it so this is something a bit more permanent. I have to admit, I was a bit gushing in my letter and outrageously obsequious but that's life!
If you go then we will address your introduction as Beatrixfan, Ambassador of the Royal Forums Community!
Kidding aside, I do hope you are one of the lucky ones to get invited when that moment happens.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:

hey, save some space for me, too. you, lucky one. congratulations.
you must have been so thrilled that you're planning to make another letter for her again. :)
Old 07-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Gentry

it really feels good when you're efforts are appreciated by the person and her efforts of acknowledging you are more than what you expected.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Mind you, once she starts getting huge amounts of mail, she may have to resort to handing it over to ladies in waiting to deal with.
Agree with that :)
Old 07-02-2006, 06:01 PM

Camilla's Monogram is a C surrounded by roses with a Princess's coronet over it. She seems to have adopted it this year because her mail last year went out with the Prince of Wales's monogram on it. I'll try and get a clearer picture of it.

Thanks for all your kind messages guys - here's to the great coronation smuggle.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Gentry

< ed > Have any of you ever wrote to a member of the Royal Family?
I was lucky enough to recieve a letter from Camilla!I was so happy...it arrived exactly three weeks after i sent it!I thought i was going to faint!!
Old 07-22-2006, 04:49 PM

I think that for Camilla, it must mean alot that people take time to write to her, especially after the media hype that nobody liked her. She must have seen that time and time again and so when people write to her with caring words, a part of her must feel quite touched and so she replies. Maybe now she knows how affectionate the public really are towards her.

Tags
camilla, correspondence, duchess of cornwall