Camilla Parker-Bowles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw her wedding-pics. she had a tiara and some of those guards. A lot of ceremonial things, I think.
Is she from a aristocratic family?

I just saw her wedding-pics. she had a tiara and some of those guards. A lot of ceremonial things, I think.
Is she from a aristocratic family?

She was born Camilla Rosemary Shand in London. Her parents were the Hon. Rosalind Cubitt, a daughter of the 3rd Baron Ashcombe, and her husband, Major Bruce Shand, an British Army officer. She is a great-granddaughter of famed royal mistress Alice Keppel (Mrs. George Keppel, née Edmonstone), who was the last love of Prince Charles's great-great-grandfather, Edward VII. Some people suggested that Alice´s daughter Sonia could be fathered by Edward VII. George Keppel acknowledged Sonia. Sonia's descendants deny that Edward was her father. If it's true that Sonia was an unacknowledged illegitimate child of Edward VII, then Prince Charles would be a half-second cousin. If its not true however she is a far relative of Prince Charles because both are descendants of Charles II Stuart.
She is also related to Arnold Joost van Keppel, 1st Earl of Albemarle, a love of William III. She is also a great-niece of Violet Trefusis, a noted socialite who caused an international scandal in the 1920s by eloping with fellow writer Vita Sackville-West; both ladies were married at the time.

bad_barbarella said:
Do you think she will be queen... will Charles every marry her???
no! his mum the Queen 2 cant given Charles married to Camilla because many people would remind of famous Princess Diana lots but Camilla cant become Queen if Charles would lose rights you know that if Queen 2 will died first they Camilla and Charles will getting married its British law.

Prince Charles is remarried from Princess Diana when both got divorces in 1996 and Camilla got divorces from her ex-husband in 1995 for following taboilds and paparazzi in the newspaper and magazine.

many people wouldnt fans of Camilla lots! heck no! but im not fans of Camilla! but i like Prince Charles because i met him at Prince's trust he nice man many people in England loves Princess Diana lots! than Camilla.

Sara Boyce

i loved diana so much... she was really a living angel that the world looked up to... and nobody will ever replace her...

The Queen will never allow Camilla to be Queen. Charles can either A) Marry her and give up the throne to William or B)Not marry Camilla and keep her as a lover.

The people will not accept Camilla as Queen, I won't. She has nothing on Diana as far as grace and presence.

I think Camilla will always be seen as a homewreaker. I think Camilla loves the Prince but when someone is married and you are married you don't cross that line and she crossed and is paying for it.

Stop judging Camilla by what Diana was percieved to be.

She has brought up her children well, obviously loves Charles and does her bit for charity despite the fact that there is nothing that says she has to and, most importantly, she is considered a good & true freind by her circle. I don't think you could ask for more in a woman. As to her being a homewrecker - A home has to be vulnerable to be wrecked. Charles could have told her to go away & Diana could have shown some backbone and stood up to both of them.

Everyone had their parts to play. Camilla was the homewrecker. Diana could've have done something I am sure. Charles and Diana had many rows on about Camilla. Charles wouldn't give her up.

Camilla probably is a good friend and Charles and her have every right now to be together but she will never be Queen. Willam's wife will have to deal with being compared to Diana. You can't ignore the influence that someone like Diana had.
Camilla just doesn't measure up in anyway.

From what I have read she has no interest in being Queen so the point is mute. She is, like the Queen, a country woman at heart. She enjoys her horses, dogs and an evening by the fire. Why would any sane woman want to trade that for an endless round of handshaking, papparazzi and intrusion into their private life. In my opinion Charles & Camilla will not marry because they are happy as they are and a piece of paper will not add anything to their relationship. Camilla maintains her own home where she can be herself but she can spend time at Highgrove & Clarence House if she chooses. Charles has, I think, accepted that his time on the throne will be short and I think he accepts that it is William who will take the monarchy on into the 21st century. IMO Charles would be more concerned about William marrying and starting a family than formalising his relationship with Camilla.

i've got a question....if QEII dies and Charles becomes king....then he wouldn't have any "pressure" from her mom anymore...so...does that mean he can marry Camilla and she'll become Queen of England?? (i hope not............)

also....can QEII pass the throne to Prince William instead of Charles....so William will become King when QEII dies?

I assume Charles could marry Camilla when he becomes King; whether the Archbishop will be prepared to crown him while he's married to a divorced woman is another matter. I don't see where there's any way the Queen could force him to do anything or not do anything once he becomes king.

No, she can't stipulate that Prince William be her successor; the only way for him to succeed would be for the Queen to outlive Charles or for Charles himself to step aside. The latter is probably unlikely.

I don't despise Camilla. I think it's interesting that she's so reviled for being a homewrecker, yet people don't blame the P of W...it takes two people to have an affair, you know. That aside, I don't think Diana was that perfect, either. Besides the fact she seems to have had her own affairs, she also seems to have been a bit of a nut job.

When Camilla got together with Charles, she must have realized that unless they were married, she would be regarded as his mistress. It's stupid of her to start complaining now when she should have known all along.

I don't think very many people would care if they got remarried. Yes, there are still some people who are hopelessly obsessed with Diana, but I don't think there are a large enough number to really make a difference. A lot of the royal purists in the UK are elderly...they're going to start dying soon. Although there are exceptions of course, by and large I don't think the younger demographics really care one way or the other.

Camilla reminds me of Queen Anne, the 2nd wife of henryVI and diana reminds me of catherine of aragon. what do you all think

yeah maybe, but Diana committed adultery just like Kathryn Howard, Henry VIII second last wife, he was too old for her (just like Charles) and she was too young (Diana) so she had affairs

I know this is a contentious subject, but resorting to personal insults when someone disagrees with you is a very poor debating tactic as well as being against the forum rules. These discussions are meant for people to exchange ideas, not for people to get personal when other people's opinons upset them. There's no reason for anybody to tell anybody else to butt out. Like it or not, there are people who don't think Diana was perfect, and there are people who do; equally there are people who think Camilla has no redeeming features and people who think she has good points as well as bad ones. And they're all entitled to express their opinions without being attacked for them.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator.

Elspeth said:
I know this is a contentious subject, but resorting to personal insults when someone disagrees with you is a very poor debating tactic as well as being against the forum rules. These discussions are meant for people to exchange ideas, not for people to get personal when other people's opinons upset them. There's no reason for anybody to tell anybody else to butt out. Like it or not, there are people who don't think Diana was perfect, and there are people who do; equally there are people who think Camilla has no redeeming features and people who think she has good points as well as bad ones. And they're all entitled to express their opinions without being attacked for them.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator.
Elspeth,

as far as moderators go, I like you the best or at least I value your opinion a lot (do not read all the others)

but I prefer the emails that are a bit incorrect to the emails on this website that are very obsequious. Surely there are worse things than telling someone to buttout. A passionate opinon sometimes goes off the road in correctness but is sometimes more interesting.

Hi Susan,

Having been called a murderer on another board (for being pro-choice on the subject of abortion), I know there are worse things than being told to butt out - I've also seen death threats on other boards, for one thing - but the forum rules here require respectful behaviour between posters:

"The responibilities of a Royal Forums (RF) Member
  1. Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and civilly, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension."
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3547

I know there's sometimes a fine line between being passionate and being insulting, and Camilla Parker Bowles tends to raise the passions on both sides! However, there have been cases on some of the boards where these disagreements have turned very nasty, and that doesn't really help anybody.

The other thing is that no posters should ever be telling other posters that they shouldn't post things (unless they're reminding them that they're violating board rules). Everybody's entitled to express an opinion, however unpopular. There's a difference between someone telling Wymanda that she's too prejudiced in favour of Camilla, which is OK, and someone telling her that she should stop posting positive things about Camilla, which is emphatically not OK.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, feel free to drop me a PM.

I don't think Camilla or Diana resemble any of King Henry's wives in personality or in looks. I may be American but I have read a lot on the reign of King Henry and the battle over the throne between his daughters.
King Henry lived hundereds of years ago and Diana and Camilla are our lifetime. The social and religious politics are completely different. Women were quite different back then, altough there were exceptions.

The one good thing that Camilla has been able to do, but Diana failed miserably at, is to be discrete about her relationships. My problem with Diana is her lack of discretion (video tapes, phone recordings, sensational interviews, paparazzi stunts, secret conversations with journalists etc.) At least Camilla has kept a lid on her relationship with Charles, no matter how the outside world may view.

I think Charles should marry Camilla now. It doesn't look good that the future king and his love are "shacking up". They should legalize the union since they are obviously deeply in love, and extremely commited to each other.

I see that Camilla's son, Tom, has got engaged. Found this on the Royal Portals forum:

The engagement was announced 9 December, 2004, between Thomas Henry (Tom) Parker Bowles (b. 1974), scion of the Earls of Macclesfield, only son of Andrew Parker Bowles by his former wife, Camilla (nee Shand), and Sara G. Buys, daughter of Mr William Buys and Mrs Caroline Buys.

Source: Daily Telegraph 9 Dec, 2004.

wymanda said:
I see that Camilla's son, Tom, has got engaged. Found this on the Royal Portals forum:

The engagement was announced 9 December, 2004, between Thomas Henry (Tom) Parker Bowles (b. 1974), scion of the Earls of Macclesfield, only son of Andrew Parker Bowles by his former wife, Camilla (nee Shand), and Sara G. Buys, daughter of Mr William Buys and Mrs Caroline Buys.

when getting married? i wanted know?

Sara Boyce

kinneret5764 said:
The one good thing that Camilla has been able to do, but Diana failed miserably at, is to be discrete about her relationships. My problem with Diana is her lack of discretion (video tapes, phone recordings, sensational interviews, paparazzi stunts, secret conversations with journalists etc.) At least Camilla has kept a lid on her relationship with Charles, no matter how the outside world may view.

I think Charles should marry Camilla now. It doesn't look good that the future king and his love are "shacking up". They should legalize the union since they are obviously deeply in love, and extremely commited to each other.
I love your comment, but I have to argue on the point of discretion. You probably don't know being discrete is the requite role of being a mistress with a married man while herself is also married, cause she has no right to point fingers, not to mention to open her mouth. Her role is to hide self away, so other than discrete, what do you suppose she can do? That does not excuse diana's tactics for mass media attack, immature and desperate.
With that being said, the biggest mistake lays on Charles, who wants to have cake"s " and eat it, splash it, and which way he may want it. And he is still doing that, and women let him get away with it. So what does that say about our women folks? Desperate?

Last edited:
lori said:
I love your comment, but I have to argue on the point of discretion. You probably don't know being discrete is the requite role of being a mistress with a married man while herself is also married, cause she has no right to point fingers, not to mention to open her mouth. Her role is to hide self away, so other than discrete, what do you suppose she can do? That does not excuse diana's tactics for mass media attack, immature and desperate.
With that being said, the biggest mistake lays on Charles, who wants to have cake"s " and eat it, splash it, and which way he may want it. And he is still doing that, and women let him get away with it. So what does that say about our women folks? Desperate?
Yes but when Charles married Diana and, for a time, ended his relationship with Camilla she could have spilled her story to the press and made big bucks as well as causing a lot of scandal & heartache for Charles & Diana. They do say that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" {Maybe that explains Diana's vitriolic outbursts}!

wymanda said:

He just had his book published: E is for eating: an alphabet of greed.
He is interested in food and from the perspective of an amateur who values qaulity.

Elspeth said:
Hi Susan,

Having been called a murderer on another board (for being pro-choice on the subject of abortion), I know there are worse things than being told to butt out - I've also seen death threats on other boards, for one thing - but the forum rules here require respectful behaviour between posters:

"The responibilities of a Royal Forums (RF) Member
  1. Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and civilly, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension."
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3547

I know there's sometimes a fine line between being passionate and being insulting, and Camilla Parker Bowles tends to raise the passions on both sides! However, there have been cases on some of the boards where these disagreements have turned very nasty, and that doesn't really help anybody.

The other thing is that no posters should ever be telling other posters that they shouldn't post things (unless they're reminding them that they're violating board rules). Everybody's entitled to express an opinion, however unpopular. There's a difference between someone telling Wymanda that she's too prejudiced in favour of Camilla, which is OK, and someone telling her that she should stop posting positive things about Camilla, which is emphatically not OK.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, feel free to drop me a PM.
Elspeth,

thank your for your answer.
I always have a high tolerance factor for the outragious and buttout reminded me of therea heinz kerry telling a journalist who had misquoted her (on film) to "shove it". (which I loved)

I am sure most of the rules on this board are well thought out.

There are so many sides to consider here... and as i asume we dont know these people on a personal level we cant pass quick judgement... just remember that :)

wymanda said:
Yes but when Charles married Diana and, for a time, ended his relationship with Camilla she could have spilled her story to the press and made big bucks as well as causing a lot of scandal & heartache for Charles & Diana. They do say that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" {Maybe that explains Diana's vitriolic outbursts}!
Are you implying they had a relationship while charles was still single and CP was married (The gap between charles and diana's wedding and CP's own marriage (1974?) This is even a bigger shocker to me if it was true. Then, CP was a complete screw up besides charles.

Sources from Clarence House have today announced that if and when Prince Charles is cleared of any wrong doing in Diana's death he will marry Camilla Prker-Bowles. The marraige should thus take place some time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom