Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LIke i said They should have the wedding a day after funeral, it happened..

Maybe the next thing Charles can do is step down from the Line of the Throne in favour of his Son William, which i think will happen, i don't see Charles been King for some reason..

They ARE having the wedding the day after the funeral.

alexandria,

we seem to disagree re the british royals today,

he can invite whomever he wants but he does not chose to invite her, that is the whole point. Only the ones they like and trust are invited.

and if andrew and sarah were still married I imangine she would just be on the list as a familymember, regardless of feelings and or arguements.

Alexandria said:
It is Charles' wedding and as it's not a state wedding but a more private affair, Charles can invite whomever he wants. And even if it were a state affair, as the ex-wife of his brother, Sarah isn't necessarily guranteed an invitiation.

It would be one thing if Andrew and Sarah were still married and Charles didn't want to invite her because of an argument they had in 1999, but as his ex-sister-in-law there is no obligation, moral or state, on Charles' part to invite Sarah.

So I don't think he's being stubborn or petty or anything like that -- it's within his right and choice to exclude and include anyone he so desires.

After speaking to a PR consultant, I write this in horror.
Clarence House had absolutely no intension to change the date of the wedding. Only Tony Blair and the four of the dignataries had pulled out due to the Pope's death. And all was still hunky-dorey in Charles Land.
Until the Vatican announced that the funeral was at the same time as the blessing at Windsor and the broadcaster told Clarence House that they would be covering the funeral instead. So the only reason they changed the date, was because the press attention, Clarence House feels the wedding deserves would not have been given. Nothing else, Charles than rushed off to the Westminister Vespers to show his compassion. Ah, the PR puppet moves fast when his strings are pulled.

I really believe that Charles needs an extraordinary doss of humilidy

Claire said:
After speaking to a PR consultant, I write this in horror.
Clarence House had absolutely no intension to change the date of the wedding. Only Tony Blair and the four of the dignataries had pulled out due to the Pope's death. And all was still hunky-dorey in Charles Land.
Until the Vatican announced that the funeral was at the same time as the blessing at Windsor and the broadcaster told Clarence House that they would be covering the funeral instead. So the only reason they changed the date, was because the press attention, Clarence House feels the wedding deserves would not have been given. Nothing else, Charles than rushed off to the Westminister Vespers to show his compassion. Ah, the PR puppet moves fast when his strings are pulled.

I really believe that Charles needs an extraordinary doss of humilidy

Please cite your sources, otherwise this is gossip.

susan alicia said:
alexandria,

we seem to disagree re the british royals today,

he can invite whomever he wants but he does not chose to invite her, that is the whole point. Only the ones they like and trust are invited.

and if andrew and sarah were still married I imangine she would just be on the list as a familymember, regardless of feelings and or arguements.

susan alicia -- I don't have a problem that we disagree in the least. And as you expressed your opinon civily I appreciate and respect our differences even more. :)

I don't think we disagree about Sarah not being invited however. If you read my post my point is exactly as I believe your point: Charles is under no obligation to invite Sarah to his wedding to Camilla as Sarah is no longer part of the royal family. She is not a personal friend of Charles or Camilla's, so she should not feel that she is "owed" an invitation simply because she was married to Andrew at one point.

Re post 931, if the Archbishop was going to the Pope's funeral, then he wouldn't be able to officiate at Charles's post-wedding service if they were on the same day. That seems to be a much more likely reason for the postponement than press coverage, especially since Charles was just saying the other day how much he disliked the press.

yes, thank you for that, I thought you were contradicting that it was an unusual situation.

It is not clear to me when this website considers something gossip because the media sometimes relies on gossip itself as a source and some of us interpret various information we read and hear in our own way. and if gossip is not malecious it can be fun and an exchange of ideas.

Alexandria said:
susan alicia -- I don't have a problem that we disagree in the least. And as you expressed your opinon civily I appreciate and respect our differences even more. :)

I don't think we disagree about Sarah not being invited however. If you read my post my point is exactly as I believe your point: Charles is under no obligation to invite Sarah to his wedding to Camilla as Sarah is no longer part of the royal family. She is not a personal friend of Charles or Camilla's, so she should not feel that she is "owed" an invitation simply because she was married to Andrew at one point.

Its hard to even trust reliable newspapers anymore. A few months ago, quite alot of big reliable newspapers said Harry and Chelsy broke up, even though they hadn't.

doesn't it seem odd to have a wedding happen only a day after a funeral

Weddings happen the day after funerals all the time. The Pope wasn't a member of Prince Charles's family. Had this been a family member who'd died, I'm sure the wedding would have been postponed at least until after the period of official mourning.

Warren said:
My goodness, now Prince Charles is not only personally responsible for his own birth, but for the rules regarding the order of succession! Is there no end to this man's gross irresponsibility? Shocking!

YES. there is no end. He is the most irresponsible person that I have ever seen. And he is the future king:mad:

I don.t know about you guys but i'm asking myself if Prince Charles has to posponed his wedding Again regarding the death of Prince Rainier of Monaco !!

Death of Rainier of Monaco: new concerns for prince Charles

LONDON (AFP)
The death of prince Rainier of Monaco is likely to give new concerns to prince Charles, but he wanted to hope for Wednesday morning that "nothing more" will affect its marriage. "We do not know when are the funeral, who will represent the royal family (of England), it is a little early for the statement", with AFP a spokesman of Clarence house, the London residence of prince de Galles declared. "We hope that nothing more will affect the marriage" of Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles, it added. "I doubt that there will be new changes, but God of the sky! I do not know who will represent the Queen "with the funeral of Rainier, it added. Questioned by AFP, the service of press of the Queen refused for the moment with any comment. After having accumulated the reverses since its advertisement mid-February, the marriage of prince Charles, having envisaged initially Friday April 8, had to be deferred to Saturday April 9 not to coincide with funerals of the pope Jean Paul II. Prince Charles will represent the royal family with this funeral, to which wanted to also assist the Tony Blair Prime Minister, invited of its marriage, and the spiritual chief of the Church (Anglican) of England, which must bless its union. The prince Rainier III of Monaco (81 years) died Wednesday morning.

I don't think it would affect his wedding. I think he will probably be the Queen's rep though. So it will probably affect the honeymoon.

Doesn't it seem strange to you, that C&C wedding is sorrounded by funerals? Coincidence, ha? :confused:

I first want to say I'm personally not against C&C marrying, but it all does seem a bit strange, all the deaths :(, just a weird coincidence

Indeed, I think its very sad that Charles and Camilla's wedding is surrounded by all these sad events. I found an interesting article I came across yesterday...this was before the death of Prince Rainier. Although Im sure the wedding will go on Saturday. Its still sad that as the future King, Charles' wedding isnt going to take place amidst joyous celebrations. What a contrast to his first marriage!

Britons invited to bet on wedding mishap

It has already suffered a royal snub, planning gremlins and a last-minute postponement. Now, British people are being asked to bet on the next mishap to hit the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.

The cheeky offer from a firm of bookmakers came after the wedding was put back by a day to Saturday to avoid a clash with the funeral of Pope John Paul II. Previously, the happy couple was hit by the news that Charles’s mother, Queen Elizabeth II, will not attend the marriage ceremony, just a blessing service afterwards. The venue also had to be switched from Windsor Castle, the royal residence just west of London, to Windsor’s town hall after officials realised that licensing the castle for the civil ceremony would have meant allowing other couples to wed there.

In odds released Tuesday by bookmakers William Hill, Britons can gamble at 33-1 that a fed-up Camilla will stand Charles up on the day. The odds for the Prince to do the same are 40-1, while 25-1 buys a bet that Charles’s son Prince William will lose the couple’s wedding rings. Even more hopefully, the chances of snowstorms or floods were given at 100-1, while the odds of aliens landing in Windsor on the wedding day were 10,000-1. afp

1. LONDON - APRIL 6: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) The designers of Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles's wedding outfit (L-R) milliner Philip Treacy (who has made Mrs Parker Bowles's hat), couturier Anna Valentine (who has designed her clothing), and Linda Bennett (founder of the LK Bennett fashion chain, who designed her footwear) pose at the London studio of Robinson Valentine on April 6, 2005, London. (Photo by Tim Graham Picture Library/ROTA/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 142
Ranier´s funeral is 15 of April, so I don´t think that afect his wedding, and her honeymoon, ´couse other member of the Royal Family can go to the funeral.

The odds of aliens landing were only 10,000 to 1? Somehow I'd have put it closer to the tens of millions, but whatever...

I don't think Camilla is pushing for marriage at this point--why would she? Most divorced older women have no desire to be a wife again. Especially in her case where she has her house, she has her lover, and she has money! I'm sure Charles is the one pushing for this--he's finally standing up to his parents.

Another wedding headache for Charles?

[font=arial,helvetica]
3181710738.jpg
[size=-2]
There may be even more bad luck ahead for Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles, with snow, ice and blizzards expected this weekend.

Weathermen say it is set to rain on the royal parade, and 100,000 racegoers at Aintree for the Grand National, as an Arctic blast pushes down from the North.

As the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles tie the knot, Windsor will be a chilly 6C - well down on the seasonal average of 12C - and it will feel even cooler with a wind-chill factor, coupled with showers.

And at the races in Liverpool temperatures will struggle to reach 5C, with the possibility of rain and sleet.

Arctic conditions are also predicted for parts of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and higher ground will see "atrocious" conditions setting in, according to the Met Office.

All areas will see much colder weather in the next few days, and anyone planning outdoor activities this week is advised to check the latest conditions beforehand, the Met Office advises.

But the cold snap will be brief, as the wintry conditions abate and spring returns gradually over the weekend.

Warmer air is forecast to come in from the West through the weekend, returning temperatures to more like their spring averages by next week.

[/size][/font]what do you guys think...will there be anymore "Surprises" that would ruin their wedding? :D

Tuesday April 5, 02:52 PM

Snow? Aliens? Subjects invited to bet on latest royal wedding mishap

[size=-1][size=-2]Click to enlarge photo[/size]LONDON (AFP) - It has already suffered a royal snub, planning gremlins and a last-minute postponement. Now, people are being asked to bet on the next mishap to hit the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles.

The cheeky offer from a firm of bookmakers came after the wedding was put back by a day to Saturday to avoid a clash with the funeral of Pope John Paul II.

Previously, the happy couple were hit by the news that Charles's mother, Queen Elizabeth II, will not attend the marriage ceremony, just a blessing service afterwards.

The venue also had to be switched from Windsor Castle, the royal residence in Berkshire, to Windsor's town hall after officials realised that licensing the castle for the civil ceremony would have meant allowing other couples to wed there.

In odds released Tuesday by bookmakers William Hill, people can gamble at 33-1 that a fed-up Camilla will stand Charles up on the day.

The odds for the Prince to do the same are 40-1, while 25-1 buys a bet that Charles's son Prince William will lose the couple's wedding rings.

Even more hopefully, the chances of snowstorms or floods were given at 100-1, while the odds of aliens landing in Windsor on the wedding day were 10,000-1.

[/size]

it's kinda the same stuff...but who would buy for "aliens landing in Windsor" on their wedding day?!

I just checked out WE channel in the U.S. :)

The schedule has coverage of the royal wedding at these times:
6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday
3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday
1 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday.

I live in the central time zone. :)

bigheadshirmp said:
Another wedding headache for Charles?

[font=arial,helvetica] [size=-2]There may be even more bad luck ahead for Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles, with snow, ice and blizzards expected this weekend.

Weathermen say it is set to rain on the royal parade, and 100,000 racegoers at Aintree for the Grand National, as an Arctic blast pushes down from the North.

As the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles tie the knot, Windsor will be a chilly 6C - well down on the seasonal average of 12C - and it will feel even cooler with a wind-chill factor, coupled with showers.

And at the races in Liverpool temperatures will struggle to reach 5C, with the possibility of rain and sleet.

Arctic conditions are also predicted for parts of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and higher ground will see "atrocious" conditions setting in, according to the Met Office.

All areas will see much colder weather in the next few days, and anyone planning outdoor activities this week is advised to check the latest conditions beforehand, the Met Office advises.

But the cold snap will be brief, as the wintry conditions abate and spring returns gradually over the weekend.

Warmer air is forecast to come in from the West through the weekend, returning temperatures to more like their spring averages by next week.

[/size][/font]what do you guys think...will there be anymore "Surprises" that would ruin their wedding? :D
All of this is odd, guys. Do you think that a higher power is trying to tell them something:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
mgrant said:
All of this is odd, guys. Do you think that a higher power is trying to tell them something:confused:

If I were a superstitious person, I'd certainly think so

Most Irresponsible?

Victoria1999 said:
YES. He is the most irresponsible person that I have ever seen.

If you thought it through carefully, I'm pretty sure you could come up with other people who have caused more chaos and mayhem in the world than the Prince of Wales.

ps Apologies to anyone who didn't see through the sarcasm in my earlier, now deleted, reply. No offense was intended.
W

From BBC:

1.jpg

Charles and Camilla will be married in a civil ceremony at the Guildhall, followed by a blessing at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. They will then have a reception in the state apartments of the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom