The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:31 PM

A major role? Any moron can pop out a baby or two, it isn't exactly brain surgery. I think the Royal Collection is being sensible. Apart from Henry VIII and his wives, it would be impossible for them to keep producing and stocking postcards of every Royal who'd ever lived. And if they don't stock them of the Queen Mother, Princess Margaret and Princess Alice then they obviously won't stock them of Diana. What gets me is that there are hundreds of these postcards avaliable on the streets of London. Hoards of tourists wrapped in cellophane crowd round the racks of saccharine images, barring us normal folk access to Westminster Bridge and St Martin-in-the-Field. And these are the same awful stands that sell those ghastly dinner plates with a Queen Mother transfer crudely lasered onto them and t-shirts that read, "I went to London and all I got was this T-Shirt". The people who frequent these stalls are of course, the ones we'd rather hadn't visited London to buy the T-Shirt in the first place. Why demand the Royal Collection stock postcards when they can pick up 5 for a pound at any random caravan flogging the salmonella-on-legs that is a hot-dog or hamburger.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
is this true? i'd always heard that she wasn't. i'd only heard her referred to as the mother of the future king.
Exactly. As the mother of the future king, she was considered a member of the royal family.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
Exactly. As the mother of the future king, she was considered a member of the royal family.
However, she was removed from the prayers for the Royal Family, so there's evidence she was not considered part of them, too.

In any event, the most recent photograph that the shops could offer was from 1997, and any admirers have probably seen that photograph many times over.

Obviously, I'm not a Diana basher, but they probably don't sell many postcards of the Queen Mother, George VI, or other deceased members of the family.

And Diana's not forgotten, we still remember her. That's the main point!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
However, she was removed from the prayers for the Royal Family, so there's evidence she was not considered part of them, too.

In any event, the most recent photograph that the shops could offer was from 1997, and any admirers have probably seen that photograph many times over.

Obviously, I'm not a Diana basher, but they probably don't sell many postcards of the Queen Mother, George VI, or other deceased members of the family.

And Diana's not forgotten, we still remember her. That's the main point!
Exactly it really isn't a big deal if the royal gift shops doesen't sell her postcards anymore. And as BeatrixFan said there are many other gift shops in London that sell The Princess of Wales's postcards.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Elizabeth II has given every indication, since the divorce, that she considered Diana a part of her family, before her death and afterwards. Diana is included in everything HM can possibly include her in: websites, etc. The prayers are for the senior members of the RF, not divorced spouses. Mark Phillips and Sarah Ferguson are not included in them, either.

Quote:
??? Well, yes, any 'recent' photo of Diana would be from 1997. There certainly wouldn't be any taken after that.

Quote:
They don't sell any postcards of deceased members of the family. That's the whole point. They didn't single Diana out for exclusion.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
A major role? Any moron can pop out a baby or two, it isn't exactly brain surgery.
Well, in this case, I would hope Diana played a major role, because otherwise, Prince Charles gave birth, and the newspapers missed it.

Quote:
and t-shirts that read, "I went to London and all I got was this T-Shirt".
I hate those t-shirts. It was funny for about half a second with the very first shirt of that ilk, and then it got old.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
A major role? Any moron can pop out a baby or two, it isn't exactly brain surgery.
So true and a statement that sounds like it came from myself as I make statements like yours. But the "moron" here in question is the former Princess of Wales who is the mother of the heir and the spare.

However, from what I've since read, there are other reading materials available about Princess Diana. In my opinion, the only reading material that should be available is when she was married to the Prince and with her two sons.

Quote:
Why demand the Royal Collection stock postcards when hey can pick up 5 for a pound at any random caravan flogging the salmonella-on-legs that is a hot-dog or hamburger.
I guess the next time I'm in London or in the vicinity, I'll have to skip those caravans for the ever so pleasant Tom Aikens.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana was still the princess of wales after divorce and when she died HRH Kimetha.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Diana was still the princess of wales after divorce and when she died HRH Kimetha.
No, after the divorce, she was Diana, Princess of Wales...not THE Princess of Wales.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Rather than have the same discussion of her post-divorce title over and over again, please refer to the Diana's Titles thread, where all is explained.
ps.. Sassie is correct.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 05-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
The bike of the young Lady Diana Spencer for sale :
The Royalist - Diana's Childhood Bike Goes Up For Sale

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

Royals Ban Princess Diana
Royals Ban Princess Diana » Big Brother Celebrity News & Gossip : Anorak

Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!
Di's former butler compares Camilla to a horse!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the media is blowing this card way ban out of proportion.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Well, it's like the flag at half staff outrage: the media wants to keep up that "cruel Royal Family vs. Diana" nonsense, and this postcard nonsense is all they have to work with.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It's more likely they're taking the mickey. Here's some quotes:

"Not once during President Bush’s speech to welcome Queen Elizabeth to America did he invoke the spirit of Princess Diana."

"Manchester United did not dedicate their winning of the Premier League to the memory of the People’s Princess, without whom their triumph would have been devoid of glory."

"Tony Blair has not once uttered the real reason for his imminent departure, which – naturally - coincides with the tenth anniversary of Diana’s passing."
Old 05-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Anorak is a satirical news site, all of their articles are supposed to be funny!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Commoner

Why Paul Burrel doesn't leave royal family alone. I don't like Camilla, but I think him more he should not make such old comments.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

and once again Paul Burrell really is a rat.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

That is a little unfair to insult Ratus Ratus or Ratus norvegicus!

Surffice to say he is less than something smelly someone has stepprd in and is still on the bottom of their shoe.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Maybe Mr Burrell is a bit peeved that Camilla won't let him try on her summer wardrobe.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana