The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 4: September 2006-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanesa said:
I wouldn't purchase this car, for sure, but we must accept that now, it is an historical object. I think that the knife what was used by Sissi's murder, is now in a museum, and was not destroyed.

Vanesa.
But how would you feel if people paid money to see the car that was the cause of your mother's death. It is morally wrong.

Skydragon said:
This is just one thread in a forum about all the royals, not a forum dedicated to just one woman, who died 9 years ago! An article was posted that was written by a non Brit, commenting on the British way of life and the British Royals, which IMO, was totally inaccurate.

If anyone were to post an article about the way the US did something, that was not based on facts, I would expect the article to be challenged. Hopefully by people that were actually there, at the time and had not just read about it!

That is the authors description of the British people before Diana! :rolleyes: Possibly you had to be there to know just how laughable a statement it is! :lol: He clearly missed the revolution of the 60's in the UK!

Ah, Americans don't know Brits, skydragon. We just think we do :lol: ;)

I think for a lot of American newspapers, Diana, the woman, is less important than Diana, the icon.

For myself, I think she represented my generation all too well and she reminds me of some things about the generation that I was born and grew up in the 60s and 70s. The insecurity, the self-indulgence, the fascination with one's own problems and miseries, these things about my generation I would rather forget.

I think the generations before us and after us had it right. Do what you think is right, respect yourself and others equally, and don't make a big deal out of everything.

i was curious what her kids thought of her behavior disorder? do her kids have a sense of empathy or sympathy for others with behavior disorders? are they even aware their mom had a behavior disorder?

hsieh said:
i was curious what her kids thought of her behavior disorder? do her kids have a sense of empathy or sympathy for others with behavior disorders? are they even aware their mom had a behavior disorder?
what behaviour disorder did Diana have?

I don't think she had a behavior disorder but like many in my generation, I think she was self-obsessed with her own problems.

It wasn't only Diana though.

i think it was a borderline personality disorder. she said herself on tv she threw herself down the stairs when she was pregnant and she cut her self with a knife.

There has never been any shred of evidence that supports that Diana was borderline. I believe she was self obsessive though.

sirhon11234 said:
But how would you feel if people paid money to see the car that was the cause of your mother's death. It is morally wrong.

Unfortunately immorality sells, sirhon11234.

How sad that someone is compulsed to regain the remnants of the vehicle, for the sole purpose of financial gain.

Re Diana...For all her misgivings she was an extroardinary lady who did much for many, and I do feel that its sometimes overlooked and replaced by a branding of her character which is intent on highlighting what wasn't 'good' about her personality. She was human (obvious I know..haha) and like the rest of us was susceptible to the same physical and mental ailments suffered by billions around the world.

Last edited:

Madame Royale said:
Unfortunately immorality sells, sirhon11234.

How sad that someone is compulsed to regain the remnants of the vehicle, for purpose of financial gain.

Re Diana...For all her misgivings she was an extroardinary lady who did much for many, and I do feel that its sometimes overlooked and replaced by a branding of her character which is intent on highlighting what wasn't 'good' about her personality. She was human (obvious I know..haha) and like the rest of us was susceptible to the same physical and mental ailments suffered by billions around the world.
I completely agree with you. Some people just look for the bad in Diana and they overlook the good she tried to do.:flowers:

hsieh said:
i think it was a borderline personality disorder. she said herself on tv she threw herself down the stairs when she was pregnant and she cut her self with a knife.
I think that, unless you knew her personally and were able to observe her in all parts of her life, it is impossible to say whether she did or did not have a personality disorder. To be fair, there were certain aspects of BPD that Diana may have suffered from, but that could be said of nearly every human being on the planet.

She never said that on television. She said it in the Morton tapes. Those were intended to put forth her own spin on her marriage and royal life, and it is generally accepted that everything she said in those wasn't necessarily true. She made those tapes at the height of her unhappiness and frustration, and it's not unconceivable that she embellished some episodes with the intention of gaining sympathy.

If she did, in fact, suffer from mental disorders, then it makes her efforts to have a positive effect on people even more extraordinary. Considering the constant scrutiny of press and public which followed her for 17 years, it could not have been easy to perform so well, day in and day out. Everyone who worked with her has said that Diana was a consummate professional, and that she was the 'real thing' as far as her compassion and her sincerity in wanting to help those she came in contact with. Some might say that her empathy was strictly for the cameras-but it didn't feel that way to those on the receiving end. That should be her legacy.

Last edited:
Due to overwhelming interest the British moderators have split out the posts about the concert and memorial service for Diana in this newly created thread:

the 10th anniversary of Diana's death - Memorial and Concert.

Please post your comments about this event in that thread.

As Warren has already mentioned, posts about the inquest results should be posted into the existing thread

Inquest into Death of Diana.

The previous posts in this thread regarding the inquest and the concert have been moved to the appropriate thread. If you're looking for one of your posts here and don't see it, check one of the above threads.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Patrick Jephson is getting rather loose-lipped these days; I wonder if he's short of money or something. It's not exactly news that Diana wanted more children, particularly a daughter; we've been hearing about it for years in the various tell-all books that have been published. But whatever sells newspapers, I suppose.:rolleyes:

What was the purpose of that article we all know that Diana wanted to have more children especially a little girl. Why can't they let the poor woman rest in peace.

we know that diana want more children especially gorls since first morton book.
Diana was crazy with sarah's gorls, in the morton last book said she was called ''allegra'' to her daughter.

what happened to the fountain?

what happened to the honorary fountain that was going to be built in honour of the Princess? how about a statue too.?

Thanks for posting that, Sara; however, the news about Earl Spencer's latest relationship is being discussed in this thread.

Diana TV interview voted most memorable

The 1995 interview of Britain's princess Diana was voted the most memorable of all time, topping the 1977 post-Watergate talk with Richard Nixon, a survey of television viewers has found.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070122/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalsdiana_070122150304

I find it quite sad that the winners are, Diana, Nixon and Watergate, George Best at his drunken worst, Michael Howard avoiding answering a particular question and the Sex Pistols' expletive-fuelled appearance on a BBC show. :sad:

Jo of Palatine said:
Didn't someone here on TRF had the idea that we need a book about "How Diana was kidnapped by Aliens?" :ROFLMAO:

Schizophrenic, paranoid, and delusional aliens, no less. :ROFLMAO:

That author is such a dog to write a book about Diana claiming that she was schizophrenic what garbage.

Skydragon said:
Diana TV interview voted most memorable

The 1995 interview of Britain's princess Diana was voted the most memorable of all time, topping the 1977 post-Watergate talk with Richard Nixon, a survey of television viewers has found.

Diana TV interview voted most memorable - Yahoo! News

I find it quite sad that the winners are, Diana, Nixon and Watergate, George Best at his drunken worst, Michael Howard avoiding answering a particular question and the Sex Pistols' expletive-fuelled appearance on a BBC show. :sad:
Ugh that's sad indeed. I'd always been a sympathizer of Diana's UNTIL that ill-advised interview in which, to me, the lady came across as a narcisistic whino suffering from a clear case of utter paranoia.

And anyway, most memorable <of ALL TIME>??? I mean, these people were around in, let's say, 1946, too? And they are multi-lingual enough to judge each and every interview aired on tv across countries, peoples and languages? How on the planet can anyone do that!
'Of all time'. Please. :wacko::bang:

What do you mean that Diana was a narcisist. I admit that Diana shouldn't have done that interview but she wanted to give her side of the story just as Charles did a year before.

I wonder what these doctors think they were doing, talking to a journalist about a patient. I mean, I know she's dead, but does that really give them the right to blab about her to the press?

'If' Diana in any way suffered from a psychological disorder then I do say shame on those who have for years spoken ill of her in ways which would be a clear reflection upon any mental hurdle she faced.

Of course It doesn't Elspeth ;), but people will continue to go to lengths so as to claim "their" piece of what was, really, a tragic life. How pathetically sad in every possible way :mad:

My first ever angry face...hope I never feel the need to use that again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom