The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
He used to do a programme called 'Top Gear' about cars and fancies himself as a good presenter. In fact, he's extremely irritating and very very unfunny.
I hope someone actually tells that Clarkson guy that,right on his face.But what amazes me is that the audience actually laughed at his pathetic joke!

Old 11-08-2005, 02:26 PM

Re:

The audience of 'Have I Got News For You' tend to be of a political bent and tend to be students. I imagine that the audience that night were not particularly monarchy friendly - they laughed at jibes at other members of the RF as well and cheered when another guest made a republican rant.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

DIANA EFFECT: Common touch lifts Europe's royalty out of the doldrums

The royal archive
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1587&Itemid=2
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

somebody see in the bbc the panorama interview.?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

BBC sciptwriters set him up-that is very mean I hope they get into a lot of trouble. I bet Mr. Clarkson feels stupid.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Wouldn't he get to review the scripts before going on the show? He does have a choice of speaking the lines written for him, doesn't he?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't he get to review the scripts before going on the show? He does have a choice of speaking the lines written for him, doesn't he?
TV is a strange thing. I should know - I do enough of it myself. Usually, one will get a script a few days before and you read through it. If it's a small TV Company then you can usually get away with suggesting a few alterations. But if its the BBC then its a bit tighter and the chances of changing the script are almost zero. Once the contract is signed and the fee is agreed, you are contracted to deliver the lines, just as a builder is contracted to construct a house.
Clarkson could have said, "I'm not saying that" and they may have taken notice.
Now, sometimes one only gets the script on the day. I've done TV where you arrive - into make-up with a script and you work like mad to memorise it. Then there's usually an autocue or dummy boards and you do your best. I suspect this is what happens on 'Have I Got News For You'. It is recorded so that means that he could refuse to say it.

So it can go either way and in this situation, its the BBC not Clarkson who is responsible.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
So it can go either way and in this situation, its the BBC not Clarkson who is responsible.
I agree with that. I know the programme you're talking of. I've seen it several times on the BBC and we also have a Dutch version of it over here. The host of the shows just reads the pre-written 'jokes' from a screen or something. At least that's what the Dutch host always does (our Dutchie is not a very good host, it's too obvious he's is reading it from a screen or board). The joke you're talking about is just a plain example of very bad taste, imo.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana, Princess of Wales, by Mario Testino at Kensington Palace
From 24 November 2005.
But...look the link.....this exhibition work with the HSBC......is where william is working, right?
This event is approved for the queen?, because only she can approve the use of a royal palace.

http://www.hrp.org.uk/webcode/content.asp?ID=38
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana's 'spare' dress for sale

Diana, Princess of Wales's spare wedding dress, made in case of any mishaps on the big day, is up for sale.

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=9479&pt=e
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

:p You've got to hand it to the BRF. Spending 50,000 pounds on a spare wedding dress in case. In case of what?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Serene Highness

Is it the one I read about in "Hello," with a re-broadcast of Princess Diana's interview ten years ago combined with some commentary by the producer and others involved? It's not been shown in the US. I was also wondering if anyone had seen it and what was revealed, if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
somebody see the panorama's interview the last night? Here only is bbc world so I cant see it.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005530591,00.html
Di wedding dress row
By SUN ONLINE REPORTER
A ROW broke out today over the authenticity of a "spare" wedding dress made for Diana, Princess of Wales, which is up for sale at auction.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Courtier

http://www.vanityfair.com/features/outtakes/051114feou

vanity fair..they have pics of Diana, the Princess of Wales that have never been published in this current issue......
Old 11-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I found it so ironic that, while the Testino photos of Diana are printed in Vanity Fair, they are also running a large article about Camilla and Charles (and revelations by close friends, including some comments from Camilla's brother). It was a good article with some "new" pictures of Camilla from the 1960s.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Time has healed old wounds. Diana, Charles, and Camilla are and were members of the BRF. It makes sense to include them together. They divorced and made peace. There was more to Diana than the tragic figure she portrayed. She was happy after the divorce and the pics prove it. Since her kids said that these pics were the most like Diana then I assume Diana was happy before too. Testino is a wonderfull photographer and these are my favorite pics of Diana. Testino also said he would like to take pics of Camilla too. With his talent im sure he would take great pics.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Time has healed old wounds. Diana, Charles, and Camilla are and were members of the BRF. It makes sense to include them together. They divorced and made peace. There was more to Diana than the tragic figure she portrayed. She was happy after the divorce and the pics prove it. Since her kids said that these pics were the most like Diana then I assume Diana was happy before too. Testino is a wonderfull photographer and these are my favorite pics of Diana. Testino also said he would like to take pics of Camilla too. With his talent im sure he would take great pics.
i would agree with that posts!

Mario Testino been photographer of Princess Diana for years because Diana really big favourite of him and collection pictures of her before she died for covers of Vanity Fair Covers and Mario and Diana taking together for last pictures before she passed away.

but i think Diana would be happy for divorces to Prince Charles because he had affairs to Camilla since 1970's and let Diana have good peace after their divorces from Prince Charles in 1996 they wont forget that again ever!

but i read covers of late Princess Diana and Prince Charles&Duchess of Cornwall in same magazine and Princess Diana have ready for picture gallery of late Princess in 1997 what Diana really like or not and Prince Charles and his new bride Camilla been travel to USA for 8 days past weeks ago.

but i dont think Mario like Camilla very much and if Diana would feel hurt very much!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
but i dont think Mario like Camilla very much and if Diana would feel hurt very much!
Well Diana is dead so it cant hurt he feelings. Testino actully said that he would love to photograph Camilla. In his exact words he said that Camilla is a very attractive women for her age and i would love to take pics of her. I dont think it is a betrayel. Even Diana recoginzed Camilla and accepted her.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Courtier

There is a new article about Diana in Hellomagazine.com
Here's the Link: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/22/diana/

Previously unseen Diana photos go on show
Old 11-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Remembering Diana
http://www.theroyalist.net/index.php...d=161&Itemid=1

EXTRAORDINARY ARTICLE!

-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana