The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

That's how I read it.

My, how chivalrous of Hewitt. At some point he must have undergone a chivalryectomy.

He infuriates me so. I've typed several comments and had to delete them, otherwise Elspeth and Warren would have to put me on report.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

And now Paul Burrell is back in the news, promising to reveal royal secrets. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Courtier

I always figured they had a system, one comes forward and revels "secrets" pause next person, that way they don't overshadow each other and can have there full 15 min
Old 09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

This all sounds so ridiculous! I wish they would let Diana Rest in Peace and have some respect for her children and her memory.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
My guess is they come with a statement from the person who received them from Charles (or Diana).

What grossed me out was Diana's hair. They mentioned it having her DNA. Why would any normal person want to have her DNA?

Good Lord!!! What's next!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Thank you for the article sara.

I can't believe Hewitt has agreed to be hypnotised and publically as well. For what purpose?? Fortune? Fame? Glory? I think in his sick twisted mind he is trying to prove to the public how much he feels he loved Diana, but instead is making a fool of himself and hurting Diana's family members. This man is a fool. His words are worth nothing!
Old 09-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Ok just to clear this up he had alwasy claimed the affair started in 86 but when he was hypnotised for TV he claimed it started in 82 and that he didn't remember it until now because he was always trying to protect her

Did I understand this right ?
A British reporter got a lock of Harry's hair and they compared his DNA to Charles', don't know how did they get his DNA, anyway, Harry is Charles' son, no doubt about it, but Hewitt is desperate, craving for money, heavy in debt, so he had 2nd thought and he's now saying he suddenly remembered he and Di met 4 years earlier..... very pathetic, what a lousy b.......
Old 09-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Finally, I can use my psych knowledge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Ok just to clear this up he had alwasy claimed the affair started in 86 but when he was hypnotised for TV he claimed it started in 82 and that he didn't remember it until now because he was always trying to protect her

Did I understand this right ?
I think what happened is that he agreed to to hypnotised, and while he was under he said that the affair began in 82.

When you are being hypnotised you don't reveal anything unless you want to. Free will is still a factor. There is no evidence that hypnosis reveals accurate information. When someone is being hypnotised their attention is focused on the hypnotist, and there is an increased tendency to please the hypnotist and to comply the hypnotic context.

Here is an interesting bit of info:
One interesting experiment asked hypnotized subjects whether they had, early one morning, been awakened by a loud noise. It had been determined that all slept soundly through the night in question. But many of the subjects accepted the suggestion, and reported that they did indeed hear some such noise. And strikingly, after being awakened from hypnosis, they continued to insist that they had heard a loud noise, because of the question the memories created during hypnosis were experienced as if they were preexisting recollections that were unrelated to the hypnotic experience.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/hypnosis.htm

Take from that what you may.:)

Old 09-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Royal Highness

I am so sick of James Hewitt!!! The man is an abomination to the human race!! Charles is Harry's father!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
When you are being hypnotised you don't reveal anything unless you want to.
Maybe Hewitt wanted to sell this lucrative piece of information. Up until now, he held back because he didn't want to hurt the people involved. But Harry has just turned 21, old enough to deal with it. Still, Hewitt doesn't want to take the blame for revealing it in cold blood, so dreams up this hypnosis. Quite clever really.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Hewitt met Di at a polo match just before the wedding. Can't find it now.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

It's really sad in a way for this man. His affair is over for more than a decade. He still can't find a meaningful relationship with another lady and move on in life. Probably in another 10 or 15 years, he'll come up with something else from that liaison.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by una
I'm sure I read somewhere that Hewitt met Di at a polo match just before the wedding. Can't find it now.
You might be referring to Max Clifford's book, Read All About It. That's what Clifford said about their first meeting.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
It's really sad in a way for this man. His affair is over for more than a decade. He still can't find a meaningful relationship with another lady and move on in life. Probably in another 10 or 15 years, he'll come up with something else from that liaison.
It really isn't sad, it is pathetic. He continues to use Diana as a way to cash in. He is despicable as is Al-Fayed. He doesn't want a decent relationship with a woman, he is a gold digger plain and simple. He wants a woman who is going to give him money and fame. That is all James Hewitt cares about. He will spend the rest of his life trying to cash in on Diana. He is a disgrace to the human race!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

He must have had something of redeeming quality for Diana to pick him out and stick with him for so many years. Not just the bad Charles left her alone stuff. They had fun together. I don't much care for him, but I wouldn't go so far to say his ia a disgrace to the human race. I save that title to the likes of dictators and murderers.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
A British reporter got a lock of Harry's hair and they compared his DNA to Charles', don't know how did they get his DNA, anyway, Harry is Charles' son, no doubt about it, but Hewitt is desperate, craving for money, heavy in debt, so he had 2nd thought and he's now saying he suddenly remembered he and Di met 4 years earlier..... very pathetic, what a lousy b.......
When did that happen? I know they'd got as far as having some woman or other get a hair of Harry's but I thought that was the extent of it and that no DNA tests were ever done.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

It would be pretty easy, I think. Just get hold of somebody's hair brush or bribe someone connected to their hairdresser. (But it could be done just as easily by grabbing their chapstick or toothbrush too.)
Old 09-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
He must have had something of redeeming quality for Diana to pick him out and stick with him for so many years. Not just the bad Charles left her alone stuff. They had fun together. I don't much care for him, but I wouldn't go so far to say his ia a disgrace to the human race. I save that title to the likes of dictators and murderers.
Diana's taste in men was faulty in some instances. (I never could figure out the Dodi thing, except for $.)
Old 09-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
You might be referring to Max Clifford's book, Read All About It. That's what Clifford said about their first meeting.
Thanks, I read about the book coming out recently, that must be it.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
He must have had something of redeeming quality for Diana to pick him out and stick with him for so many years.
Hewitt's not a bad man. He only ever wanted to be a career soldier like his father, was good at it and enjoyed it. When he lost his career because of the Diana affair, he lost his only income and direction in life, and has rattled around ever since. The tabloids have made a villain out of him. They say he's charming, good with horses and women.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Diana's taste in men was faulty in some instances. (I never could figure out the Dodi thing, except for $.)
Hi iowabelle,

I would agree with you there. Diana was attracted to openly demonstrative men and some of these guys were not as nice as they appeared. One of my friends is very like that and had some bad relationships. She learned to choose an expressive man who was as good inside as outside but it took years for her to get the knack.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana