The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you both but with one little caveat. Diana's enormous worldwide popularity, and a charisma that drew people to her and her causes, made her far beyond what other Princesses of Wales were and how they did things. It also made that funeral and the lead up to it almost inevitable IMO.

Now everybody except Princess Michael's cats have said everything that is possible to say about Diana and the Diana phenomenon, I should think by the end of next month everything will have died down considerably and we will be discussing many other things, including perhaps, a Royal engagement!

Old 08-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The thing is that, to me, things are drastically overblown.

They've turned remembering Diana for who she was into a three ring circus.

Absolutely!

Diana did some admirable things, but to call her one of the most important women of the century seems a stretch.

But this too shall pass. I only hope it is sooner rather than later.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Now everybody except Princess Michael's cats have said everything that is possible to say about Diana and the Diana phenomenon, I should think by the end of next month everything will have died down considerably and we will be discussing many other things, including perhaps, a Royal engagement!
HMMMM if we expand our search, I'm sure that one of our royal detectives can find commentary from Princess Michael's cats on their former neighbor.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
HMMMM if we expand our search, I'm sure that one of our royal detectives can find commentary from Princess Michael's cats on their former neighbor.
Say- just how old are those cats?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

How important was Diana ?

As Chairman Mao said of the importance of the French Revolution [two centuries earlier].. "It's too soon to tell"..
Old 08-28-2017, 12:54 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I agree with you both but with one little caveat. Diana's enormous worldwide popularity, and a charisma that drew people to her and her causes, made her far beyond what other Princesses of Wales were and how they did things. It also made that funeral and the lead up to it almost inevitable IMO.

Fame and popularity are fleeting things and as history is written in the future, it will be Diana's work as the Princess of Wales that is the focus. When we really think about it, if we were to draw up lists of what Diana did as far as charitable work and a list for Charles' charitable works as Prince and Princess of Wales, next to Charles', Diana's would look like an amateur taking a stab at things. Its looking at the facts. I do realize that Diana's list was cut short by a tragic accident. I'm not demeaning the work Diana did do or her effect on people that she met but history tends to boil things down to dates, times and events.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Well with nine lives...they could be pretty old by now.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

She will never be forgotten, and that is right and proper. She was human, just like the rest of us, and in her last days, she was surrounded by boneheads and idiots that only wished to capitalize on her vulnerability.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Fans of the late Princess of Wales recall their meeting with the Princess on her first royal tour in Wales-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...-tour?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-30-2017, 10:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
IIRC her cats are Siamese and they have been known to live well into their twenties. My cousins had one who lived to be 25.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

William, Harry & Kate pay tribute
Princes William and Harry pay tribute to mother Diana | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-30-2017, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think it does make a lot of sense. It's a pity it rained, but the gardens looked very nice. Ive been thinking about Diana a lot this month and the way she missed her boys growing up into men. I wonder what their thoughts were as they looked around and talked to the gardeners, including one who knew Diana, and then went to have a chat with the workers for the charities their mother worked for and with. She certainly made a difference in her 36 years.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry Meet Representatives of the Princess of Wales's Charities at Kensington Palace-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rs-on?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry visit Princess Diana's memorial garden

Old 08-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William and Harry pay tribute to mother Diana | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Twenty years ago when they stood in front of the gates of Kensington Palace as young boys, hearts broke at the sight of two young princes in pain as they struggled to come to terms with the enormity of their loss.

And today history repeated itself and William and Harry returned to their mother's former home to view floral tributes to their late mother Diana ahead of the 20th anniversary of her death in a Paris car crash on August 31 1997.

Two decades ago, William, 15, and Harry, 11, were dressed in the sombre dark suits, ties and smart shoes, while today both opted for a much more casual look.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Actually I think it was Queen Mary's dictum: never complain, never explain, and we all love hospitals!
SNIP.......
The behaviour of Harry and the Cambridge's is beyond the pale. I doubt I will ever believe payback was not the intent. Had they loved their father they would have gone public to correct misunderstandings. They didn't and created another generation of Fairy-tale Princess fans to hound Charles to the grave.
A lovely tribute from the public and her sons to a woman who meant so much to so many. It was so sweet of Harry to place the flowers in the exact spot where this precious child wanted to leave for Diana. Thanks to ITV for the little video clip.
https://mobile.twitter.com/itvnews/s...43293222379521
Old 08-30-2017, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a sweet video clip. It probably will be something that child will remember for the rest of his/her (couldn't tell) life. Its purely Harry though interacting and doing what he does best in making wherever he is a special occasion in some unscripted form or another.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry View and Lay Floral Tributes to Diana at Kensington Palace-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...diana?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts relating to Diana's transfer to hospital following the car accident have been moved to the Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment thread: Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment
Old 08-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a lot of people , not a lot of Flowers.
The British Monarchy is now on his best.
What will happen in Dianaland at her family Castle and in Paris at the Pont de l' Alma ?
We had on french and belgian TV special evenings about Princess Diana , but it was a flop.