The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Althorp, from what I gather, is a pretty big place. If its on a huge parcel of private land, that might make it a tad bit easier to keep it private.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

If its private, why announce it?

And I hope that they are not taking the children to the graveside - a 2 and 4 yr old?

But understand the reason for the event and it will be good for the children to spend time with Spencer relatives.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

All perfectly choreographed. Charles will be in Canada so 'unavailable to attend the rededication.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Majesty

I'm inclined to believe that somebody caught wind of it and leaked it rather than it being something that the family announced. Just my own thought on it.

I imagine that along with the grave site service, the family will gather for a meal and a nice visit. They kids could actually stay behind with Nanny Maria during the actual service.

I really do believe that William would be very insistent that his children grew up with knowing who their grandmother was and how much she was loved. Eventually those kids are going to grow up and realize there's all kinds of information out there that puts their grandmother in a negative way and the more they grow up now to know the "real" grandmother, the better.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Peter Hunt‏ @BBCPeterHunt
Officials say they've made public a private service because it's the 20th ann of Diana's death and it would be difficult to keep it secret.
Heir Apparent

I don't think they would be taking the kids.

LaRae
Heir Apparent

Not leaked - press release to the media.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-28-2017, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

Peter Hunt confirmed the kids will be there as well as diana's siblings
Old 06-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, George and Charlotte will be at the service.

I think they just wanted to announce that this private service will take place with the whole family in attendance.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Yeps... publicly announced. I still wish it hadn't been though.

With a family gathering like this, I doubt it'd be a two hour in and out kind of thing but it would be nice to make a day of it. The kids being at the grave site service probably will never be known but that is at the discretion of their parents.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

seriously people on the internet are ridiculous...complain about EVERYTHING..complain if they announce and are ahead of the story and complain if they don't and that they are being secretive...

people need to chill..i feel bad for these royals because someone is always bitching about everything they do...they can never do anything right in some peoples eyes.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Commoner

I think it's good that they're including the kids in this occasion. They might be too young to really understand the impact and why it's so important but she's a part of their legacy, and I'm sure W&K speak of her to them. It'll be a good memory to have.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
If its private, why announce it?

And I hope that they are not taking the children to the graveside - a 2 and 4 yr old?

But understand the reason for the event and it will be good for the children to spend time with Spencer relatives.
Even worse, George is still 3.

I also have no idea why they would make a press release about it when it's a private event with no media invited. I cannot stand their press team. It's constant mixed messages in regards to privacy. At best it makes the trio look fickle.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Althorpe announced it was closed on July 1. Many people probably would have visited on the first since it's a weekend and Diana's birthday. You don't want a bunch of people showing up at the estate and then they can't get in because it wasn't announced beforehand.

I don't see what wrong with the kids going. It most likely be a brief service at the grave. The kids probably already had the Daddy's Mummy is in heaven discussion.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Imagine the reaction of the press if they didn't announce it and then a month later it leaked to the DM or Sun? All hell would break loose.

Or if Diana's birthday came and went and the press thought there was nothing to mark it. KP would be accused of being callous.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah they can't win. They've made it clear it's a private/family thing...but I would question if they could really 'sneak' in and out of Althorp on that day of the year without the press finding out.

Better to let it be known and move on in this situation.

LaRae
Old 06-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Althorpe announced it was closed on July 1. Many people probably would have visited on the first since it's a weekend and Diana's birthday. You don't want a bunch of people showing up at the estate and then they can't get in because it wasn't announced beforehand.

I don't see what wrong with the kids going. It most likely be a brief service at the grave. The kids probably already had the Daddy's Mummy is in heaven discussion.
There we have it folks. The voice of reason.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

That's fine, the Spencer's solved the potential problem you described. And it makes KP butting in even more unnecessary then.

I really hope BP and CH never take media advice from KP. Let the latter flounder in it's own incompetence.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Peter Hunt from the BBC tweeted why they announced it - its the 20 anniversary of Diana's death and it would be hard to keep it a secret. We see the same thing when a royal goes in to a hospital. They announce it because it's going to come out.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Peter Hunt from the BBC tweeted why they announced it - its the 20 anniversary of Diana's death and it would be hard to keep it a secret. We see the same thing when a royal goes in to a hospital. They announce it because it's going to come out.
Of course they tweet about a royal going to a hospital. It's a member of the BRF and it will likely have implications with their upcoming scheduled events. Diana was no longer a royal and she's been dead for 20 years, and this has no impact on any official events. There is no comparison.

All this press release did was incite a media circus, under the feigned guise of privacy.