Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's no way PC would give up rights to Princess A and PE is too irresponsible to care for a child; especially a girl.

Let's stick to what we know...we have no way of knowing if Ernst can not take care of his child.

I don't know what to think.
I've read that many people believe that she is not divorcing him because she wants to keep the HRH style. I'm not that sure of that.
Maybe there's a clause in the pre-nup or any other document that says he should stay with Alexandra. IDK.

If I were her, I would divorce Ernst August and if that means losing her HRH, then I would buy a HRH title from the net. :lol:

Just my $0.00, I honestly don't think we're ever going to find out the gist of their relationship/marriage/et al, we can only surmise by what we're given by the press.

And that's okay by me, as I admire and respect Princess Caroline's need for privacy throughout her life, especially in this day and age of reality t.v., wanting to know everything about everyone, inside and out, this constant invasion of privacy via the press, tabloids, television, internet, twitter, media, etc. It gets to be a bit much (huge understatement). There's something to be said about "less is more". Jmho. :)

And on that note, I will say I, like everyone else that follows the House of Grimaldi, am looking forward to the wedding, in more ways than one, lol! ;) :D

My question as a catholic myself is Princess Caroline acknowledged by the catholic church as being married to Ernst in the catholic church and if so is her daughter Princess Alexandra accepted by the catholic church as a child of the marriage:innocent::question:

Since she was married in a civil ceremony I doubt the RC Church would pay much attention to her divorcing. They certainly did not care that Letitzia had been married in a civil ceremony and later divorced before her marriage to Felipe. Letitzia and Felipe married in a rather grand RC ceremony in Madrid with all the usual Cardinals and Bishops present so civil marriage and civil divorce were not an impediment to subsequent RC marriage.
Caroline has had only 1 RC marriage and that was later annulled.

Alexandra is a Lutheran so no need for the RC Church to consider her at all.

Alexandra is in an interesting position. She is an HRH of a defunct German royal house, a former Protestant kingdom really that took the British throne from the Catholic Stuarts and then was divided by the Queen Victoria/Salic-law issue. Alexandra herself was born and baptized in a Lutheran tradition in Austria. Now she is presumably estranged from her Protestant father (I mean, we haven't seen her with her dad in how long? I know some things are kept private, but come on!) and living all the time, it looks like, with her Catholic mama in Monaco, and going to a Catholic school.

I don't even know what my point is. LOL. I just love Alexandra. She is so cute and I think very smart. I think Alexandra is going to be all the time more interesting. Caroline is raising her. This is not the same Caroline who raised the Casiraghi trio. Caroline was a good woman then. She always had faults, yes, but she was still a good woman at heart. But now, she is even better. She is so much older and more brilliant because of it. Alexandra has all the benefit of all this wisdom her mother has acquired. It is for this reason that I always say, to all parents, please expose your kids to as much of the older generations as you can. Take your kids to visit the elderly. I'm serious. The old people love it, and the kids learn so much. Everyone gains.

Ernst has always, as I see it, disliked the public life he had with Caroline. Now that they are separated we rarely see him in public. I think he has always been a very private man.
If we put what we know under a microscope, and we know very little, Caroline is a shrewd, intelligent, compassionate woman, very family oriented. She, for whatever reason has not divorced EA, and vice versa.
EA has stayed out of public life, there were two or so pics in the tabs with another woman, but for the most part he has been from what we can see very discrete. Yes being photographed with another woman in public is not discrete, but we do not know what happened in private with EA and Caroline. They may have reached a very amicable separation.
From what I know EA has SEVERAL large estates in the EU that have nothing to do with Caroline. I don't think, IMO, Caroline is the kind of woman to deny her daughter's father, and her lawfully wedded husband access, visitation, private time together.
Whatever the differences Caroline and EA have I don't think she would not allow father and daughter to be together at one of his estates in Austria or Germany. Out of prying eyes of the paps and public.

As far as Catholic school. I went to catholic school, even though I'm Russian Orthodox.
XRISTOS VOSKRESE!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
The school Alexandra is attending is probably the best Monaco has to offer.
XRISTOS ANESTI!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
As far as Catholic school. I went to catholic school, even though I'm Russian Orthodox.
XRISTOS VOSKRESE!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
The school Alexandra is attending is probably the best Monaco has to offer.
XRISTOS ANESTI!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

ALITHOS ANESTI VANYA

I also went to a Catholic school and I'm Greek Orthodox.

The same for Alexandra. She is Lutheran but she can easily attend a RC school, as far as it is a good school.

I can not easily see EA having his doughter's custody, he has not a sctructured family life. Caroline does.
I even do not know if he has a constant place where he lives, a place where the girl could attent school and have friends.
I'm quite astonished that we NEVER see EA with Alexandra, but I believe that he takes care "secretely"

Alexandra is in an interesting position. She is an HRH of a defunct German royal house, a former Protestant kingdom really that took the British throne from the Catholic Stuarts and then was divided by the Queen Victoria/Salic-law issue. Alexandra herself was born and baptized in a Lutheran tradition in Austria. Now she is presumably estranged from her Protestant father (I mean, we haven't seen her with her dad in how long? I know some things are kept private, but come on!) and living all the time, it looks like, with her Catholic mama in Monaco, and going to a Catholic school.

I don't even know what my point is. LOL. I just love Alexandra. She is so cute and I think very smart. I think Alexandra is going to be all the time more interesting. Caroline is raising her. This is not the same Caroline who raised the Casiraghi trio. Caroline was a good woman then. She always had faults, yes, but she was still a good woman at heart. But now, she is even better. She is so much older and more brilliant because of it. Alexandra has all the benefit of all this wisdom her mother has acquired. It is for this reason that I always say, to all parents, please expose your kids to as much of the older generations as you can. Take your kids to visit the elderly. I'm serious. The old people love it, and the kids learn so much. Everyone gains.
I loved this post:flowers:
I agree with everything you said.Princess Caroline will always be a wonderful person in my eyes too.I wish she could pass her wisdom to her kids and I feel sorry for the fact that she had to raise all of them by herself.

PC really didn't raise her children by herself. She had Vincent Lindon in San Remy and PE at Melee sur Seine. Also I am sure the Grimaldis provided lots of support. There are lots of pictures of the Casiraghis with PS, PA and PR.

I have to agree with Kastalia, this is one of the best posts I've ever read on here. :cool:

Seriously, you continue to amaze me, CasiraghiTrio. I was first blown away by your article about the Hanover Bros. last week, so much so that after being a member for 7 years at TRF, I discovered that there is a blog section, lol. :D And I have been catching up on what I missed out on, thus far I've read your last three articles, all well-written, informed, and professional. It makes me wonder if you are a writer in real life? ;)

Anyhow, I just wanted to give praise where I feel it is well deserved. Also, I include FanofMonaco in this, as I have been learning much from his/her posts as well. BRAVO to you both! :flowers:

I really don't mean to undervalue the importance of the help she has received from her family,Stephano's family or her nannies but a) this is an other conversation we already have had here at the forums, b) I was reffering to the fact that she obviously had to try harder without their father around,or now with EA living in a different country.You're right about Vincent Lindon he was a father figure to them but you all know what I mean..

I agree Kastalia, but I think she is much luckier than alot of single mothers. Not from a money perspective but the strong family ties. You are right about the Italian Casiraghis, also. I think it's great that the families have retained a strong relationship. Alot of times there is tension with the in-laws. It seems the opposite in this case.

It is in Alexandra's interest to have her mother and her step-siblings around as much as possible, but I agree that there is a need to keep up with the Casiraghi clan, as well as with EA ..... and his sons! They seem to get forgotten....

There have been pictures of Ernst JR and Christian with PC and family several times in the last year so they are staying in touch. And Charlotte C and PE's first wife Chantal were both at Charlotte Dellal's wedding last year. Everyone seems to be acting respectably towards each other.

Re: Alexandra's relationship with all of her siblings
Definitely seems intact and solid, no reason for any of us to suspect otherwise
Christian spends regular time in Monaco. Ernst Jr was, indeed, hanging out with Pierre & Beatrice in Uruguay earlier this year, while Alexandra and Caroline were up the coast in Brazil.
Chantal is a longtime friend of Andrea Dellal.
But in my opinion, these relationships are separate and they do not in any way indicate anything about Alexandra's relationship with her father. All of this family act independently. Ernst Sr has not been seen "hanging around" any of his family in a long time, not his sons or his ex-wife, or his estranged current wife, or his daughter, and certainly not any of the Casiraghis. So to me, pointing out that the Hannover brothers and Chantal and Casiraghis all seem to have cordial relationships (which I cannot dispute) is a separate issue from Ernst Sr. It says nothing about him. He is a whole other conversation. :)

Maybe he's busy with Herrenhausen. I understand they are rebuilding it.:ohmy:

do caroline live with her husband when were the last time they were seen tohather

All this talk, especially in another part of this forum, wherein a German poster said that she heard on t.v. that Prince Ernst might actually attend the London Royal Wedding, and with Princess Caroline! Lol, it had me searching all over the net for the official guest list of ALL the guests, but alas I couldn't find it, and I also realized that TRF is the best place for all the latest news on the royals. Jmho. :)

Anyhow, now I'm anxious to see what's going on? I don't mean to invade their privacy, I just wish the best for Princess Caroline, always, and her marriage as well. And on that note, here's hoping, praying, and wishing for the best! :cheers: :heart1:

ps: Prince Ernst is such an enigma, I too have realized that I haven't seen ANY pictures of him with his children (let alone Caroline) in almost 2 years! :shock: Very very sad. :sad:

The last list of invited guests to the British Royal Wedding didn't list Caroline or Ernst-August.

Pooh, the last of my hopes dashed, though I confess I really didn't expect them to show up, but I do wonder if Prince Ernst was invited?

Anyhow, I would love to see the official list which lists all the guests, not just a select few. Thus far this is the only one(s) I could find (btw there are supposed to be 1900 guests in total, though the lists published thus far don't tally that number):

Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey

BBC News - Royal wedding guest list

Am I in the wrong forum?

Neither Ernst August nor Caroline Grimaldi would be anywhere royal enough for QEII.

Nadine said:
Pooh, the last of my hopes dashed, though I confess I really didn't expect them to show up, but I do wonder if Prince Ernst was invited?

Anyhow, I would love to see the official list which lists all the guests, not just a select few. Thus far this is the only one(s) I could find (btw there are supposed to be 1900 guests in total, though the lists published thus far don't tally that number):

Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey

BBC News - Royal wedding guest list

It's not the full list-

Prince Albert and Charlene are representing Monaco

Has Caroline ever confirmed her seperation?

^ No. Why should she do that? She's clearly the most private of all of them.

Am I in the wrong forum?

Neither Ernst August nor Caroline Grimaldi would be anywhere royal enough for QEII.

Lol, I fear you must be kidding me, Renata4711? :D

Seriously, Ernst August is more royal than QEII, as is her husband, Prince Phillip, whose sister, Princess Sophie, was married to Ernst's uncle, Prince George of Hanover. Here's a little background on this, which I'm sure you already know: http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/the-laird-othistle/236-prince-philips-family

Btw, the last time Ernst & Caroline were in London was for the Queen Mother's Funeral back in 2002 (click here: YouTube - Queen Mothers Funeral Part 6). They can be seen at the 1:00 minute mark.

And, yes, MRSJ, I know that Albert & Charlene are representing Monaco. However, I was hoping that the House of Hanover was also invited. C'est la vie. I'm feeling a little down about it all, truth be told. :sad:

IloveCP, no, neither Caroline nor Ernst has ever officially confirmed their separation. Thus, hope springs eternal! :heart1:

The Prince of Hannover did not assist Prince Feiipe's religious wedding because he was not felling well because of..

There is something about the Grimaldi women -- Caroline, Stephanie, Charlotte -- that videos capture but photos do not (as photogenic as they are!!!). Kind of outshine every other royal out there in my opinion.

Thanks Nadine for pointing out that youtube feature.

Back
Top Bottom