Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not say that you live that way nor did I allude to that. I would never attempt to assume how you or anyone live their life.

As far as Chantal being Caroline's best friend, if you can possibly read old articles, clippings, etc. prior to Chantal and Ernst's divorce, it was constantly reported that they were best friends.

I am not contradicting myself, I only responded to what you wrote. You did not elaborate in post #374 what your definition of "when a marriage is over". It is a documented fact that many marriages continue until one member's death, with infidelity by one or both members so we cannot say that a marriage is over. It doesn't mean that love is not there, they may not be "in love" anymore.

If I offended you, it was never my intention, and I do offer my apologies, but I stand by what I wrote.

Please remember the moderator post that has already been made:
Comments about Prince Ernst August's first marriage are considered to
be off topic here as to already mentioned reasons. Any further discussions
about that will be deleted.

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

I think Chantal and Caroline are best defined as acquaintances, or distant friends. There is no evidence whatsoever that they ever were best friends or that they even saw much of each other after their youth...the press provides such a detailed account of Caroline's life that had they been such good friends we would have seen Chantal in many a pic.

There is a picture (going to try and find it) of Caroline with Stefano and her kids and behind them are Chantal and Ernst. After Stefano died, most of the photos I saw of Caro are with her kids. But I don't know much about the love triangle situation so I'll stop there.

I will say this though, I don't think it's fair or kind to say Caroline got what she deserved. However, I am a firm believer in the old adage, be careful how you treat people because it does have a way of showing up again. That's all I'm saying.

I agree; it is very unfortunate for all involved. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

I know. Poor Alex. BTW, I love ur avatar:flowers:.

The former ruling family of Hanover appear to have a genetic predisposition to iincontiency in marriage, self indulgence, and for being inconstant friends. Divorce is always messy but we can't wish happiness on people who are the authors of their own destruction.

I know this is getting way off topic, and maybe it is time to start a new thread entitled “The Grimaldis and the media”, but I wanted to elaborate on your post..
There is so much more to say, and if you’re interested, Fandesacs, shall we start a new thread ?

It should be very interesting to start such a thread!

You are right that Paris-Match has been very exploitative of all the Grimaldis’ shenanigans, always a new opportunity to sell their magazines. However, contrary to “Point de Vue” and “Jours de France” who were sickeningly sycophantic, Paris-Match rolled with the times, preparing for a post-modern, post-sixties audience that was not so uptight. Point-de-Vue has changed its format to make it almost totally ironic, and the stately Jours de France has folded. Paris-Match has survived. As opposed to tabloids which are by nature scandal and judgment oriented, Paris-Match wrapped every titillating picture around a pseudo-admiring text. Caroline is having an affair with Guillermo Vilas and they have pictures to prove it? : “They are no longer hiding!” Every infraction to conventional morality was actually a wholesome means of self-expression, truth to oneself or to one’s love.

You are right for Paris-Match, they had a special way to transmit their message, and sell without being vulgar, in opposition to magazines like Voice,or other similar.
For old "Point de Vue I do not really remember how they were, but for Jours de France i can not undestand, they were never ironic nor sycophantic, they were ALWAYS very flattering! People was even saying at this period that "Jours de France" was owned by Prince Rainier!!!!

What a mess...:eek: Jeez, Ernst, could you be a little more insensitive, I don't think you dug the knife deep enough :whistling:

So it is OVVVVEEEERRRRR....................Are we certain all the clowns were at the circus in Monaco ? Or are they having adulterous schnitzels all over God's creation with their new girlfriend?

:previous: :lol:

Whatever happens between Caroline and Ernst I hope they at least protect their daughter. It's the kids that suffer the most in these situations.

:previous: :lol:

Whatever happens between Caroline and Ernst I hope they at least protect their daughter. It's the kids that suffer the most in these situations.

Thankfully, what we've seen is that she's getting on w/her life, and not interrupting theirs. They recently had their family ski vacation; they've been seen traveling and shopping.....life has to move forward, so I'm happy to see that she's not letting it (publically) impact Alex, in particular, since she's the youngest.

DIVORCE ASAP!!! Prince Ernst cannot be in PC´s life anymore:bang:

I have not been following this circus at all, but it seems to me that Princess Caroline has aged a great deal! :sad: I'm sure this has been a very difficult time for her.
My feelings one the whole affair - my first thought was the old "what goes around, comes around." But really it is a shame that it all has to be played out in the public eye where the truly innocent (Alexandra, for one) have to deal with the fallout.

I say Princess Caroline should ditch the crude brute and get on with her life and raising her daughter. I wonder if Ernst ever considered his daughter at all while he was so publically flaunting his paramour? Probably not. Thank God she is in Monaco and sheltered as much as possible.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

u can google maryann Sachs photo. no that is not her but she is also persian, so the new lady in Ernst's life may have been introduced to him through Sachs?

Isn't Maryann, or Maryam? Sachs Alex's godmother? There's her, and Charlotte are Alex's godmothers, right?

I haven't followed this whole drama at all. All I've seen is something about Ernst with a lady in Thailand, ??Mirium? or something, and then again at a ski resort. I didn't read the articles, just the headlines, because I'm not interested in the details. I remember my first thought, when the gossip kicked off, was "well, how you get them is how you lose them." I guess it's more or less the same idea as "what goes around comes around." I don't mean that as a stab. I just seems to work like that a lot. I mean, these things happen. People fall in love, people fall out of love, people change, and blah, blah, blah. Ernst wants to be this lady. Let him go and have fun. Meanwhile, Caroline will go on with her life, raise her daughter, and do what is important to her. I just hope they get on with it and not waste any time trying to force something that doesn't want to be.

The most important thing is Caroline's happiness and the well-being of Alexandra.........it's obvious from the photos of the skiing holiday that Caroline is happy surrounded by her kids.

Caroline has gone through much worse, she's a trooper, and capable of weathering any number of storms.
And, as Anne Denise says, she has her children who - by all accounts - don't give her heartache, but brighten up her life.

Isn't Maryann, or Maryam? Sachs Alex's godmother? There's her, and Charlotte are Alex's godmothers, right?

I haven't followed this whole drama at all. All I've seen is something about Ernst with a lady in Thailand, ??Mirium? or something, and then again at a ski resort. I didn't read the articles, just the headlines, because I'm not interested in the details. I remember my first thought, when the gossip kicked off, was "well, how you get them is how you lose them." I guess it's more or less the same idea as "what goes around comes around." I don't mean that as a stab. I just seems to work like that a lot. I mean, these things happen. People fall in love, people fall out of love, people change, and blah, blah, blah. Ernst wants to be this lady. Let him go and have fun. Meanwhile, Caroline will go on with her life, raise her daughter, and do what is important to her. I just hope they get on with it and not waste any time trying to force something that doesn't want to be.

You are so right. Things can be so "beautiful" at least we think so. It can honestly play itself out (and oh lucky we are when we clear our heads and shake the ego) and move on. I like to say "And now who's next?"

people fall in love with other people while they are still married. Long time relationships are hard to keep, especialy in these days.

"hard to keep especially in these days?" WHY?

What a mess...:eek: Jeez, Ernst, could you be a little more insensitive, I don't think you dug the knife deep enough :whistling:

Insensitive is right!! I totally agree!!! E knew she would testify for him because of their daughter Alex, so looks like he couldnt even wait until after the hearing!!!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are long term relationships hard to maintain foursox well if anyone in this forum knew the answer to that one we'd open a pratice and make our own milions they are and when one makes hasty poorly contrived decisions as I believe this union was then the results are as we see. The court case was already underway and though not bound to appear it seems she was there I am unsure Alexandra ha danything to with it. Each to their own but I am only surprised they lasted as long as they didBUT THIS IS ONLY IMO YOU UNDERSTAND.

Why are long term relationships hard to maintain foursox well if anyone in this forum knew the answer to that one we'd open a pratice and make our own milions they are and when one makes hasty poorly contrived decisions as I believe this union was then the results are as we see. The court case was already underway and though not bound to appear it seems she was there I am unsure Alexandra ha danything to with it. Each to their own but I am only surprised they lasted as long as they didBUT THIS IS ONLY IMO YOU UNDERSTAND.

i am asking why esp. with the term "these days". we only hear abt. well known people divorcing. there are millions of long term marriages that have lasted in "these days". i am one of them for 35 years. marriage is a committment through all the ups and downs. i would have been divorced in our first 12 months had i not rode the storm out. it appears PC was committed but sadly, E was not, not for the long haul. i said PC testified for Alex because otherwise her father was going to have a "violent" police record against his name, . PC would not want that for HER DAUGHTER, so she did what any other mother who loved their child would do. no doubt, PC will never have to do this again. she looked like she was about to cry leaving the court.:sad:

Well who can say foursox the debate regarding Caroline and family will go on, divorce is a fact of life these days inspite of your own glowing record and that is that end of what I have to say on the subject.

Don't you know? It's thanks to Lord Rainier I that the Grimaldis have been cursed to never have happiness in marriage -that's why it is so difficult for them; they have been cursed;).

Well, you know, except for those who have had long happy marriages....:ermm:

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Back
Top Bottom