The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
And I have always felt it disrespectful to diss Caroline's choice of husband, as if she were a ninny, or as first happened, a twenty-year old. Caroline always lands on her feet, as Jaya pointed out, which indicates that she knows the ways of the world. She's no innocent, in the sense of lettting herslef be used or manipulated without knowing how to influence events. She knows how to protect herself and her family.
Well said, sweety! And you pointed out very cleary as well the fact that she was not an innocent lamb herself around 1996-1997. But what do we know? I, for example, think that Caroline must have been very charmed by the "HRH" idea, because she was not already, as someone stated earlier "an important person in her own right". Not as a royal, that is. She had never been invited to any European royal court, royal wedding, christening or funeral until she was married to Ernst. And let's face it, from the moment she was married to Ernst, her attitude became a bit too roa yal for anyone's taste, as if she was a truely ruling empress.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
She had never been invited to any European royal court, royal wedding, christening or funeral until she was married to Ernst. And let's face it, from the moment she was married to Ernst, her attitude became a bit too roa yal for anyone's taste, as if she was a truely ruling empress.

This is true, but it does not mean that she would "sell" herself for the royal life.

And maybe she behaviored like this, simply because she was trying to keep her (new) position.

Mary of Denmark, Letizia, Meete Marit ALSO changed behavior, this is normal, they had to enter into their NEW role. Also in professionnal life, you have sometimes to wear a "masque" which you think is the adequate!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Well said, sweety! And you pointed out very cleary as well the fact that she was not an innocent lamb herself around 1996-1997. But what do we know? I, for example, think that Caroline must have been very charmed by the "HRH" idea, because she was not already, as someone stated earlier "an important person in her own right". Not as a royal, that is. She had never been invited to any European royal court, royal wedding, christening or funeral until she was married to Ernst. And let's face it, from the moment she was married to Ernst, her attitude became a bit too roa yal for anyone's taste, as if she was a truely ruling empress.
Your post does not make any sense---- Caro's HSH outranks EA HRH - she is princess of a realm and as of now the direct heir to that realm. EA's HRH is a form of courtesy, true his lineage is superb, but his HRH title is empty- Albert HSH outranks EA's HRH because he a country to rule

Invitations go to Albert or whomever is the reigning prince at the time. Rainier and Grace visited many royal courts, etc on many occasions that we saw Caro and EA at funerals, wedding and such.. Prince Albert was there also- he just didnt generate any interest to publish his pics

Its been well documented that Caro ALWAYS BEEN aloof and distant I dont think the HRH did anything to her
Old 01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Your saying she married EA for a title?
That makes this marriage even more of a sham.
Caroline is the Hereditary Princess of Monaco, a ruling dynasty. This outranks EA's courtesy title of HRH. Its empty, means nothing. He has impressive lineage, but without Caroline I think he would be the annoymous one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post

1. I do not see WHY we consider that Caroline might not testify? EA has been her husband for more than 11 years and I'm persuaded that generally he has been good with her. Even if now the end of their marriage seems close, it does not mean that Caro would delete all this years, and punish EA by not testifying!.
She may not testify because she was a royal.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Now I do not think Caro has ever shown excessive hubris about the HRH and I personally think she does not care about it.Also I do not believe she would perjure herself for the sake of family. Give her credits ; Caro has never been in trouble with the law ever. Caro has sued those that have been invested with her as she has been hounded since being a teenager by the magazines. Remember the first photo of her to circulate the world at seventeen was one where they got half her breast coming out of the cleavage- of the dress I mean they did that to her and it was hardly fair.
Rainier too was rarely invited to these state affairs and royal courts - or he may have been and did not go- as he was rarely seen going even to the USA.Maybe Caro liked being the Ernst's wife for all the fringe benefits and maybe not, because she is like a Queen in Monaco anyway. Only Caro knows for sure and I think it wise to keep it that way.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

And here it goes... sorry if reposted!!!
La princesa Carolina de Mónaco comparece a favor de su marido en s |Noticias hola.com

Another try...
princesa-carolina/testifica-defensa/ernesto-hannover/

And another one...
http://http://www.hola.com/realeza/c...to-hannover/1/ HELP!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Translation and article.
Google Translate
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
And I have always felt it disrespectful to diss Caroline's choice of husband, as if she were a ninny, or as first happened, a twenty-year old.
I never meant to say she's a ninny because of choosing her partners.
I was simply wondering why an intelligent woman like she is tend to choose difficult partners, who ended up slapping her in the face, like Junot, Rossellini and Ernst openly did (I'm not only referring to his latest Thailand pictures, but also to his intemperances), and perhaps Lindon.
Or somebody reckless like Stefano was? Perhaps Stefano turned to races in order to prove that he was not only the husband of the world's most famous princess, and that he could be somebody without always being referred as "Caroline's husband" The Italian press used to call him "Carolino", which sounds pretty ridicolous.

Or perhaps is just a matter of her strong personality?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

Excuse me if i hurt anyone's feelings, it's absolutely not my intention. But, in my opinion, and to make a long story short, this matter stinks, and no one looks good in the picture. P. Caroline trying so hard and with all dignity ( God knows why... For Alexandra's sake? To keep her Royal title? For love?... ) to keep up appearences and exposed again to public humiliation; P. Ernst acting publicaly out of foolishness ( he's acting like a silly teenager who's living his first crush ), cruelty or revenge; the paparazzis circling the family like sharks smelling blood ( it's their job, you may say... ); poor young Alex seeing her parents in such a infamous mess; the Casiraghi siblings, probably mortified to see their mother crushed and humiliated. And then, we have "the lady": an unknown commoner, who sees herself dragged into a royal spotlight ( how convenient for her... )... Blah! to all of them...
Marriges end. Why couldn't the royal couple simply and honestly admit it? Then they'd both be free to live their lives as they wanted without scandal, and we could all go on with our lives.
And for some strange reason the affair Ducruet-Houteman keeps coming to my mind..
Old 01-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Excuse me if i hurt anyone's feelings, it's absolutely not my intention. But, in my opinion, and to make a long story short, this matter stinks, and no one looks good in the picture. P. Caroline trying so hard and with all dignity ( God knows why... For Alexandra's sake? To keep her Royal title? For love?... ) to keep up appearences and exposed again to public humiliation; P. Ernst acting publicaly out of foolishness ( he's acting like a silly teenager who's living his first crush ), cruelty or revenge; the paparazzis circling the family like sharks smelling blood ( it's their job, you may say... ); poor young Alex seeing her parents in such a infamous mess; the Casiraghi siblings, probably mortified to see their mother crushed and humiliated. And then, we have "the lady": an unknown commoner, who sees herself dragged into a royal spotlight ( how convenient for her... )... Blah! to all of them...
Marriges end. Why couldn't the royal couple simply and honestly admit it? Then they'd both be free to live their lives as they wanted without scandal, and we could all go on with our lives.
And for some strange reason the affair Ducruet-Houteman keeps coming to my mind..
Yes, I think PRainier would have put a cap on this many months ago.. Remember how he was with Steph and Daniel
Old 01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Translation and article.
Google Translate
Sorry, did not understand in Google Translation of the article. Did Princess Caroline show up at court for her husband Prince Ernst?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Sorry, did not understand in Google Translation of the article. Did Princess Caroline show up at court for her husband Prince Ernst?
No she turned up to testify as a witness. Ernst isn't attending, I wonder why?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
No she turned up to testify as a witness. Ernst isn't attending, I wonder why?
She is really trying in the relationship. If she didn't care couldn't she of sent a letter to court?

If Prince Ernst loses does anyone knows what he can be charged with?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
She is really trying in the relationship. If she didn't care couldn't she of sent a letter to court?

If Prince Ernst loses does anyone knows what he can be charged with?
Assault most likely. I don't think she went because she is trying in her relationship.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Gistening Seas

The articles say that PSS Caroline showed up to testify but what was the outcome does anyone know or is there another procedure after this that we have missed??
Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Caro has sued those that have been invested with her as she has been hounded since being a teenager by the magazines. Remember the first photo of her to circulate the world at seventeen was one where they got half her breast coming out of the cleavage- of the dress I mean they did that to her and it was hardly fair.
Princess Caroline was featured in international magazines long before she was 17. Just check the thread on Caroline Cover Girl. She was 14 or less before the press knew they had a juicy subject there. Paris-Match, for all its faults, was one of her most ardent idols, always putting a nice twist on any fact or event that might appear negative. Granted, they do it to keep so there is no bad blood and she won't cut them off for future personal interviews, but they helped create a very favorable image of the princess.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Courtier

well she certainly down played her apperance. She looks as if she just rolled out of bed. I don't think it's because she is sad or whatever. she just looks as if she would rather be some place else. And what is with the slew of people around her? bodyguards? court security? personal assistants? Why would she need so many people around her?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
I never meant to say she's a ninny because of choosing her partners.
I was simply wondering why an intelligent woman like she is tend to choose difficult partners, who ended up slapping her in the face, like Junot, Rossellini and Ernst openly did (I'm not only referring to his latest Thailand pictures, but also to his intemperances), and perhaps Lindon.
Or somebody reckless like Stefano was? Perhaps Stefano turned to races in order to prove that he was not only the husband of the world's most famous princess, and that he could be somebody without always being referred as "Caroline's husband" The Italian press used to call him "Carolino", which sounds pretty ridicolous.

Or perhaps is just a matter of her strong personality?
I never meant to target you, Tosca, nor anyone in particular. I have the sad role of being about the only one who does not see Ernst as the ultimate sinner, and trying to weigh in the facts that Caroline is not this pristine angel almost everyone wants to turn her into, (thanks, Pruts!), and which, considering Caroline's personality, I am sure she would not approve of either.

Caroline has always been a very strong woman. One may or may not appreciate her ways: if she is going to be the heiress to the Monaco throne, why does she flout openly the Catholic church tenets, as in, conceiving out of wedlock, or why do we hold it against Albert to have illigetimate children, ambiguous relationships, when, at least in this particular case, the status of her relationship with her husband is equivocal at best: we can't have it both ways and make her at once a victim and a winner. I wonder about this new act of hers, posing as a mother dolorosa in front of the cameras as she goes to court (or leaves court). Caroline never holds her head down except at funerals.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
she just looks as if she would rather be some place else.
Wouldn't you rather be elsewhere?

Quote:
I never meant to target you, Tosca, nor anyone in particular. I have the sad role of being about the only one who does not see Ernst as the ultimate sinner, and trying to weigh in the facts that Caroline is not this pristine angel almost everyone wants to turn her into, (thanks, Pruts!), and which, considering Caroline's personality, I am sure she would not approve of either.
I don't think Caroline is a pristine Angel, but I do think that Ernst is the one in the wrong here.

Quote:
Caroline has always been a very strong woman. One may or may not appreciate her ways: if she is going to be the heiress to the Monaco throne, why does she flout openly the Catholic church tenets, as in, conceiving out of wedlock, or why do we hold it against Albert to have illigetimate children, ambiguous relationships, when, at least in this particular case, the status of her relationship with her husband is equivocal at best: we can't have it both ways and make her at once a victim and a winner. I wonder about this new act of hers, posing as a mother dolorosa in front of the cameras as she goes to court (or leaves court). Caroline never holds her head down except at funerals.

This new act of hers? Don't quite understand that.
Times have changed not many people are annoyed at the fact that Albert has illegetimate children. I don't.
Alexandra was born after marriage, which makes it easier for the church to take in. Even the church respects the fact that not everyone can follow there rules extremly strictly.
She's a victim in this because her husband has publically flaunted the fact that he's having an affair for her to see. Plus she is having to turn up to court to testify for him.
IF Ernst and Caroline embarked on a relationship more than friendship before his divorce then yes thats bad, but we have no evidence to prove they did. So far I go on the dates I know that it was around 1998 time they got together.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Nobility

None of them is a saint, birds of a feather flock together, but for the sake of their family they should of put an end to this failed marriage and send an announcement or get back together and try to be happy, but all this silliness in two people with age to be grandparents is just plain ridiculous.

On the other hand I don't think Ernst is a good husband, is just my opinion and I think Caroline has had to cope with a lot to be with him, Ernst titles maybe not "actual" since there's no monarchy in Germany but he surely gave Caroline a regal or royal status she didn't had before; to the other Royal Families Monaco was a sort of second class monarchy. I guess they loved each other but not anymore and I fail to see what is the rush to be in the public eye with another woman while still married, you have to think on the consequences and regarding Caroline, is things are too bad, the best thing she can do is to move on and communicate the end of the relationship before Ernst keeps humiliating her and her daughter by been seen with one woman after another, he just opened the Pandora box and if Caroline and him don't go back together chances are Ernst will be having affairs here and there.

Although Chantal moved on long time ago I guess she, somehow, have found some retribution.