Charlotte Casiraghi pictures part III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got to know them in 1991. Back then Stefano had just died and you saw a lot of pictures of the young and happy Casiraghi family. Caroline was a stunning looking mum with a beautiful husband and their children looked really cute. That's when I started to follow their story.

All of the Casiraghi family fascinate me! But I have to say Charlotte is my favourite... Hehe. Have there been any recent pictures does anyone know? Haven't been able to find some for a little bit now!

juliette, you're not the only one who missess felix and charlotte. there were something about them that was so sweet.. when the news came that they split, somehow it crushed me too...however, i have also seen charlotte grown up and become nearly something else...i am not sure whether she still possessed the sweetness i seen when she's with felix, now that she's with alex...but i love her all the same..and more ..

Sorry, Juliette ...

Two more pics with Alex and Alice at the dinner for Donatella Versace
Dafydd Jones
Dafydd Jones

The Site won't let me in.

Keeps telling me "Sorry you don't have access to these pictures".

Can you give us a more direct link, to the photos, please?

One where you don't have to register to see whatever, perhaps?

Thanks,

-- Abbie --

I'm sorry, i guess the site deleted the pics:(

Thanks, Juliette, for those cute pictures. Do you remember the pictures of P. Caroline in the Paris metro ?
A little cultural tidbit: Taxis in Paris used to be prohibitive and not easily available. They still are not as easily available as in New York or London. It also used to be more expensive to take the bus than the metro in Paris, and it was often the wealthier inhabitants who took the bus, as well as schoolchildren and the elderly. The bus network is so well designed, covering many streets and with many bus stops that it is more fun taking the bus (you see a lot of Paris that way) and more practical than the metro or taxi (if you are not in a hurry). The girls from the sixteenth, seventh and eigth arrondissements (the poshiest districts in Paris) are well-known for travelling by bus and numerous French films use that custom to describe encounters, flirting, etc.
Obviously, in these pictures, Charlotte is keeping other people at bay with a real or fake phone call. Who could blame her ?

I like seeing evidence that Royalty is not ...

I like seeing evidence that Royalty is not afraid to act like you or I might do.

I find it most refreshing to see them taking public transport, or taxis, or .... driving themselves to places.

Reminds we ALL that they are human, and not totally above it all.

-- Abbie :flowers:

Thanks, Juliette, for those cute pictures. Do you remember the pictures of P. Caroline in the Paris metro ?
A little cultural tidbit: Taxis in Paris used to be prohibitive and not easily available. They still are not as easily available as in New York or London. It also used to be more expensive to take the bus than the metro in Paris, and it was often the wealthier inhabitants who took the bus, as well as schoolchildren and the elderly. The bus network is so well designed, covering many streets and with many bus stops that it is more fun taking the bus (you see a lot of Paris that way) and more practical than the metro or taxi (if you are not in a hurry). The girls from the sixteenth, seventh and eigth arrondissements (the poshiest districts in Paris) are well-known for travelling by bus and numerous French films use that custom to describe encounters, flirting, etc.
Obviously, in these pictures, Charlotte is keeping other people at bay with a real or fake phone call. Who could blame her ?

Really, I never ever knew that. I have never got on a bus in Paris. I always use the metro, and I rarely ever get taxis either. I guess that shows what kind of girl I am. Paris is pretty easy and lovely to walk anyway; time and energy allowing of course.

Really, I never ever knew that. I have never got on a bus in Paris. I always use the metro, and I rarely ever get taxis either. I guess that shows what kind of girl I am. Paris is pretty easy and lovely to walk anyway; time and energy allowing of course.

I think that's what is so nice about being a princess or the daughter of a princess in Paris: both Caroline (when she was young and living in Paris) and Charlotte have been photographed doing things everybody else in the city does : jogging in the Champ de Mars (Caroline with Philippe Junot), enjoying cafe sidewalks, studying in the parks and gardens of the city (even dozing off), taking the bus or the metro, hanging out in front of your high school with your friends, and of course strolling and walking (your dog or your cat (Caroline as a little girl). Some of this takes place on the richest avenues of the city (Avenue Foch, where the Grimaldis had an apartment) and a lot of it on any ordinary street. I always wanted to see a picture of Caroline waiting in line to see a movie, but I never did though... Anyway, going back to the pictures Juliette posted, if you are going to travel to Paris and you are tired of walking, taking the bus is the way go. (You might even run into Charlotte...)

I think that's what is so nice about being a princess or the daughter of a princess in Paris: both Caroline (when she was young and living in Paris) and Charlotte have been photographed doing things everybody else in the city does : jogging in the Champ de Mars (Caroline with Philippe Junot), enjoying cafe sidewalks, studying in the parks and gardens of the city (even dozing off), taking the bus or the metro, hanging out in front of your high school with your friends, and of course strolling and walking (your dog or your cat (Caroline as a little girl). Some of this takes place on the richest avenues of the city (Avenue Foch, where the Grimaldis had an apartment) and a lot of it on any ordinary street. I always wanted to see a picture of Caroline waiting in line to see a movie, but I never did though... Anyway, going back to the pictures Juliette posted, if you are going to travel to Paris and you are tired of walking, taking the bus is the way go. (You might even run into Charlotte...)

Well I guess they are lucky in the place they live too. It is definitely not the done thing to go up to any 'famous' person in Paris, and ask for an autograph etc. Pretty easy to live in London that way too, because Londoners (if they are sober) aren't likely to bother you. Of course in London you have the god awful Paps, but thankfully Charlotte seems to have been spared that.

sorry for going offtopic, but there is this
mystery photo that has been bugging me for the last couple of days. the first picture i ever saw of Charlotte, and which unfortunately i lost since, can be described as following:

she was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, and sunglasses in her hair (brownish/turtle-print on the frame).
she was holding two phones: one for phonecalls and the other for txt-messages (according to the caption). she was looking slightly annoyed, and looked straight into the photographer's camera. it might have been at the Monaco grand prix, though i am not sure.

Does anyone recall charlotte being photographed holding two phones at the same time?

thanks for the help.

it might just be!
i did not know there were so many such photos around.
thanks for the help, guys :)

Yeah there are lots of photos on that site from that event but not that specific one.
Is this the one you were talking about Gisele?

http://i28.tinypic.com/2po4fvb.jpg

That's one cute Charlotte outfit. I always loved that look for her: hair, outfit, everything. Very casual, chic, simple, flattering. love the whole Diesel look on her. And the bag is cool, very cool, sunnies on her head, and the "two phones" thing is so her (yeah, I know, one is a friend's phone, but it's still funny.) :cool:

Looking at old Charlotte pics (thanks to the charlottemaripomeline weblog suggested by cdm) and recent ones, I can't help but notice that Charlotte was much more fashionable and elegant before -- I can see why the paparazzi were after her every move. A stroll in the city was a fashion event. Nowadays though, she looks average. Nothing really wrong with that, except that she did raise the bar in previous years (and having Grace Kelly and Princess Caroline in your lineage also increases expectations unfortunately).

royrrules I totally agree with you on this. i think she doesnt look as good as her mother at her age and even now, I would pick 51-year-old Caroline over Charlotte ,everytime anytime.

Charlotte may have been the greater beauty as an adolescent. But there was always a bounce, a vitality and an energy that is lacking in Charlotte, or the photos we see of her. I think that's what made Caroline unique, and I have yet to see another princess equal her in that area. Other princesses or queens have great beauty, or style, but none has this fieriness that was so attractive in Caroline. They say some faces are made for the camera, or for the movies, the way they capture the light, but I think that even an imperfect beauty like Caroline (for those who consider her imperfect) can still grab the limelight because of that energy that radiates from them. Think Ava Gardner for example. I don't want to get sidetracked here, because this could become an endless debate, but Grace Kelly in Mogambo had the perfect classical features and beauty, and Ava Gardner had the spirit. Princess Caroline was dubbed "the barefooted princess" after Ava Gardner's role in "The barefooted Contessa". No doubt, Charlotte has or had more classical beauty, like her grandmother.

I agree that Charlotte had a more glorious puberty and adolescence than her mother Caroline, who seemed to really only blossom in her very late teens. Caroline was always attractive but went thru a phase(ages 12-14yrs?) of occasional crooked teeth, bad skin and pudginess that seems to have escaped Charlotte.

BUT...time will tell if Charlotte will be the type of world class breathtaking beauty that Caroline was in her twenties and especially her early thirties. I agree with people that post that Charlotte is a great beauty who lakes a certain spark that sets all world class beauties in a league of their own.

I hope she is not one of those unfortunate people who "peak" in their teens!

Iloveroyals you made the point. That's exactly what I wanted to say. Charlotte lacks of energy and vibrancy, IMO.
She's quite a subtle,faded copy of that fierce of nature that Caroline is.
When I look at some Caro pictures, posed pics or simple shots of her everyday life, I cant help but notice how much strenght, power and vibrancy this woman has. Caroline oozes with life and energy, you can see that, even if it's a simple picture.Her smile is...endless.If you know what I mean.
Charlotte..I dont know, she seems so..blah. I cant sense that " life" when I look at her, if you know what I mean.

Poor Charlotte is very young, and hasn't been really truly tested by life yet...maybe the vibrancy and zest everyone speaks of that she lacks will come later with age and experience.

I hope so, anyway.

Iloveroyals you made the point. That's exactly what I wanted to say. Charlotte lacks of energy and vibrancy, IMO.
She's quite a subtle,faded copy of that fierce of nature that Caroline is.
When I look at some Caro pictures, posed pics or simple shots of her everyday life, I cant help but notice how much strenght, power and vibrancy this woman has. Caroline oozes with life and energy, you can see that, even if it's a simple picture.Her smile is...endless.If you know what I mean.
Charlotte..I dont know, she seems so..blah. I cant sense that " life" when I look at her, if you know what I mean.

Yes, that is so striking in still shots, taken anywhere, on any occasion. What I find extraordinary is how you can sense motion in her in every still shot. It makes Charlotte look limp in comparison. I don't know if it is just personality, or the variety of sports and exercise Caroline did, from ballet to waterskiing with everything in between, but she does exude power. That's why I call her the alpha-girl, and it's also why I think she is the best representative of at least one kind of Kellys, for better or worse. (We know some of the Kellys were unbendable.) Yet, she managed to always keep her femininity, and it made that blend irresistible. I think she was the first modern princess, coming at a time when she could display it in wholesome ways without acting out (except for the inevitable bouts of adolescent defiant gestures).
Charlotte seems to have a very different personality and the general world environment is also different. She may have the inner strength, probably does, it just doesn't show in pictures because she may be more introverted. After all, Grace Kelly had great strength too, it just didn't come across in pictures in that obvious way.

Back
Top Bottom