A boy for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo - March 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raoul is a completely normal name. There is nothing awful about it.

Maybe some people find it weird because some names are more common is some countries than others?

Like, for example:
-Oliver in english/Olivier in french are normal names, but Oliverio, in spanish is a horrible, horrible name for a boy.
-Or, Rodrigo, in spanish, is very nice, while the english version Roderick sounds like something from the high middle ages.

In France, you don't think of phantom of the opera when you say "raoul".

Both Sacha as a nickname for alexandre and raoul are perfectly fine names for a french boy.

That's your opinion. In my opinion, Raoul is a less than charming name.

I never said it was a weird name, I said I think it's a dreadful name :cool:

So is there no further substance to the suggestion that the baby was born in London? It seems odd were it to be so.

So, Caroline and Pierre have seen thw baby.
Maybe they all will go tho St Remy for the Easter holidays.

I hope if Sacha is right, it is a nickname for Alexander. Though it seems an odd choice to me, considering Albert's recognized illegitamite son is Alexandre. Perhaps why they call him Sacha?

According to an article in Svensk Damtidning, Charlotte was last week celebrating big in London, where older brother Andrea's and his girlfriend Tatiana's son was born. Charlotte celebrated with champagne outside the hospital with mom Caroline. She called her Gad to tell the good news. Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Alex Dellal was also seen in the celebrations on the street outside the hospital. He smoked cigars later with Pierre Casiraghi and the new father Andrea.
Här visar Charlotte Casiraghi upp sin nya ring Svensk Damtidning
Translation

According to an article in Svensk Damtidning, Charlotte was last week celebrating big in London, where older brother Andrea's and his girlfriend Tatiana's son was born. Charlotte celebrated with champagne outside the hospital with mom Caroline. She called her Gad to tell the good news. Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Alex Dellal was also seen in the celebrations on the street outside the hospital. He smoked cigars later with Pierre Casiraghi and the new father Andrea.
Här visar Charlotte Casiraghi upp sin nya ring Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Thanks LadyFinn! But I'm afraid it sounds like classical rubbish gossip invented by journalist.
I find it VERY hard to believe that Caroline and Charlotte were celebrating and driking champagne in the street. Normal people don't take to the streets to celebrate a birth.
And if I am not mistaken, isn't it forbiden to drink alcohol in the streets of london?
And Alex? The ex boyfriend of the baby's aunt in the hospital, the 1st day after the baby was born?
It all sounds like a huge journalist invention to me.

Sorry to harp back to an earlier post, but has there been an official confirmation that Tatiana gave birth in London?

I like Sasha but as a nickname, Alexander is a much more beautiful name!

Thank you for this. I wonder how long we will have to wait before the Palace fill us in with a few more details.

Thank you for this. I wonder how long we will have to wait before the Palace fill us in with a few more details.

I doubt the palace will, the information if it ever comes, will come from Caroline.

Sorry to harp back to an earlier post, but has there been an official confirmation that Tatiana gave birth in London?

Princesse Caroline : Stéphane Bern confirme le prénom du bébé d'Andrea Casiraghi - La Parisienne
According to this article, baby was born in London.Maybe from Stephane Bern.

It's still speculative whether the baby was born in London or not.

There has neither been any official confirmation nor has Stephane Bern said so. It's the article that states it. I personally think it's highly probable that the baby was born in London, but all we have so far are pure speculations, no confirmations!

Although Andrea is of the House of Grimaldi, I'm wondering what the status of the child is. This is not a criticism, just a question, as they are unmarried. I know the status will change if/when there is a marriage, I'm talking about now.

In the meantime, illegitimate.I'm also thinking about what would be his nationality? Monegasque or Columbian or both.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.Aww, this is so very different when Andrea was born, all cameras were in front of the Princess Grace of Monaco hospital.This is more private and I bet this all what they want..away from Monaco and the fuzz.I wonder which hospital is this.

In the meantime, illegitimate.I'm also thinking about what would be his nationality? Monegasque or Columbian or both.

No, he is not. There isn't such a thing as illegitimate children neither in the UK or France (nor in most of western europe as far as I know).

The child has the exact same status than a child born of married parents.

The photos confirm the baby was born in London. I wonder why London?

Well it could be London as the sign on the door of the last pic is in English , however, I would have thought they would be more wrapped up against the cold as temperatures are close to freezing point here at the moment!

No, he is not. There isn't such a thing as illegitimate children neither in the UK or France (nor in most of western europe as far as I know).

The child has the exact same status than a child born of married parents.

Sorry but you're wrong, there is such a thing as illegitmate children in the UK and in France. Jazmin and Alexandre are both considered illegitimate children, Jazmin is even considered an adulterine child. This child will remain illegitimate and have no place in Monaco Succesion until his parents marry. Same goes for Louis Ducruet who was legitimised by his parents marriage.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm on my fone and did'nt see all of the pics.I would love to see a peek of the little one's face.

Sorry but you're wrong, there is such a thing as illegitmate children in the UK and in France. Jazmin and Alexandre are both considered illegitimate children, Jazmin is even considered an adulterine child. This child will remain illegitimate and have no place in Monaco Succesion until his parents marry. Same goes for Louis Ducruet who was legitimised by his parents marriage.

Jazmin, Alexandre and now the baby of Andrea and Tatiana (until the marriage) are considered illegitimate only to the Monaco Sucessions issues.

I think what trepstep meant to say is that in France as well as many western european countries like Portugal for example (I don't know about the UK), there is no such things as illegitimate children. According to the law of such countries, the parents being married or not is totally irrelevant. Children born out of wedlock or even "adulterine" children as you said have the same status/rights that children born from married parents.
So, the fact that Andrea and Tatiana are not married only matters for the sucessions issue, apart from it, the fact that they are not married is irrelevant

Wow the Portland. That's were Sarah, Duchess of York had Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and where the Countess of Wessex was meant to give birth to Lady Louise, until circumstances deemed otherwise. It's a private hospiital in London, not funded by the NHS, and usually costs in the £1000's (£6,000 and upwards for "standard consultant led care" and that doesn't include the price of epidural's and top-ups for them, as well as instruments for delivery.) It's a good hospital but very C-section orientated. They have the highest C-section rate in the United Kingdom, but that is because it's a private hospital where wealthy women tend to go, and they often choose C-sections.

Lovely to see the family chosen London as the place of delivery. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.Aww, this is so very different when Andrea was born, all cameras were in front of the Princess Grace of Monaco hospital.This is more private and I bet this all what they want..away from Monaco and the fuzz.I wonder which hospital is this.

Well, looking at the pictures i'd say to me it looks more that Andrea and Tatiana are entering the hospital to have the baby, rather than leaving the hospital with him... After all what can we see? Tatiana still exibihiting a huge bump ( P. Caroline was much slimmer whenever she came out of the hospital with her new born babies... ), Andrea carrying a baby carrier ( wich, by the way seems more to be empty than to have an actual baby inside it... ) and not as much as a shadow of a baby... Uhm... :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

They are clearly leaving The Portland with Andrea carrying the baby carrier and getting inside their house.I can see its a typical London townhouse.Tatiana having a swollen tummy is quite normal with someone who had just given birth.

The baby must be absolutely tiny! I don't see anything in that baby carrier!

Hola is also speculating about the name Sacha,citing Stephane Bern..The magazine is still waiting for an official confirmation from the Principality.It also said that Princess Caroline flew in to London to visit her first grandson.

The baby must be absolutely tiny! I don't see anything in that baby carrier!

Which pictures are you looking at because I can only see the back of the carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom