The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Gentry

Good Heavens. All this speculation about Kate's thoughts and lack of gratitude and her scheming manipulative mother, not to mention Kate's alleged stupidity in hanging around William without an official commitment. Keep in mind that just because you don't see her working or being charitable doesn't mean she isn't. She is staying under the radar for a reason. No way would I put myself in a situation to be judged, speculated about and photoshopped by the media if I didn't have to. I certainly think she realizes that if an engagement is ever announced that her privacy is over.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Majesty

Couldn't have said it better myself.
She knows what is going on even if we don't.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually believe the less we know, the better. For all we know, they could be engaged right now but waiting for the right time to make it public.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I actually believe the less we know, the better. For all we know, they could be engaged right now but waiting for the right time to make it public.
I agree with you on this one. Personally I have a gut feeling that they've come to an understanding on marriage a long time ago but there were steps that were needed to be taken before anything "official" happens. William is finally to complete his SAR training and what better place to start off life together than in North Wales? William also has gradually been doing more and more royal duties. I think it would be fantastic to have Will and Kate together for all the special upcoming events in London. It will give the public and the media their time to see them while they can try and maintain a low profile while in North Wales.

We'll see what happens...
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Trust me, royalsmartie--they'll find something. Even if they have to make it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
Yeah I agree with you and that will be their down fall what happen when the press gets a boring subject and needs a story?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Trust me, royalsmartie--they'll find something. Even if they have to make it up.
Thats what I am saying so being boring driving back and forth isn't so good cause the press got to eat too and they going to get u for making them go hungry
Old 04-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
They certainly can make things up. Harry's 10,000 pound champagne spree just the other week!

As to the suitability of a future consort, her family's foibles are irrelevant. Witness CP Maxima's father being cordially disinvited to his daughter's wedding! And for that matter, with the exception of Camilla's family, all other relatives by marriage seem to vanish into oblivian. With the exception of the inlaws and outlaws of the Danish royal family.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I totally agree. I would be surprised if they were to get engaged. I just do not see her being The Princess of Wales and The Queen of England. Hopefully Will feels the same way:) I know a lot of guys who married their girlfriends because they are used to them, they didn't want change, and it's expected of them.

I hope the media does not propel them toward marriage cause that would be sad. I truly hope William finds a woman who will completely love him. Cause I feel like Kate likes who he is. She just might be a "Emma Pernald". We'll have to see.

This is my opinion. So please save your nasty comments.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Majesty

You are entitled to your opinion and I understand it though I don't fully share it.

I do think that William believes that she is 'The One' but as he hasn't really dated any others can he really be sure? Is he taking a lesson from his father's experience - met the right one young but let her get away and William isn't doing that. Afterall he mightn't be as lucky as his father to end up with the right one later in life.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with you on this one. Personally I have a gut feeling that they've come to an understanding on marriage a long time ago but there were steps that were needed to be taken before anything "official" happens. William is finally to complete his SAR training and what better place to start off life together than in North Wales? William also has gradually been doing more and more royal duties. I think it would be fantastic to have Will and Kate together for all the special upcoming events in London. It will give the public and the media their time to see them while they can try and maintain a low profile while in North Wales.

We'll see what happens...
Quote:
Well they went to a wedding today....not theirs unfortunely
I think Osipi meant attending royal special events, not just a wedding?
I don't think she'd attend special events unless she was engaged. But QE may make an exception.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Commoner

Sorry to butt in somewhat but does anyone know if Royalty Magazine has gone bankrupt again?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco View Post
Sorry to butt in somewhat but does anyone know if Royalty Magazine has gone bankrupt again?
Not as far as I know, I got my magazine this month. This question should've been posted in the General Question and Issues thread.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Looks like we will not see William or Kate walk the Royal Red Carpet for CP Victora's Wedding...who knows if it is true.
Prince William's invitation decline - Monsters and Critics
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

if wills thanks she is the all that matters because it is he thats has to live with her not us so if all things go wrong and they aren't meant for each other then he will pay badly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Looks like we will not see William or Kate walk the Royal Red Carpet for CP Victora's Wedding...who knows if it is true.
Aww that would have been the real test if an annoouncement was going to be made he would have took her to this high profile event too bad he not going
Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Aww that would have been the real test if an annoouncement was going to be made he would have took her to this high profile event too bad he not going
Its not often that a senior member of the BRF attends an event hosted by the other royal families. Certainly if William attened (with or without Kate), the focus would shift very significantly on them, and I do not blame William for avoiding the situation.

I also do not think that William and Harry have had much exposure to other European royals of their generation, and are that keen on these events.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Majesty

charles will go to sweden for victorias wedding. he went to denmark, spain as first in line to a throne. i think he were in norway for the crown prince wedding in 2001 bt i am not sure. i also think he were in the netherlands. In my opinion William is not a option.

and there may be a broken engagment between Princess madeleine and her jonas, having william there can create some headlines, madeleine leaves jonas for william

i think this will be the first royal wedding for camilla,

we can hope for some gustlist here but i think it will be closer to the wedding
official wedding site
http://www.royalcourt.se/royalcourt/...800060315.html
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
CHarles will attend with Camilla but it would have been nice to see the younger crowd as in Wills and Kate go as well.The Scandinavians do have a more relaxed view of things and Wills is quite modern so I am not certain why he would not go with Kate.Maybe too much press.........coverage and speculation about their betrothal ...
Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

what dress did she buy that was 2000?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
They certainly can make things up. Harry's 10,000 pound champagne spree just the other week!
Don't forget the heavy boozing and falling that Camilla did when she so called heard HM was passing Charles over for William. . . .
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Don't forget the heavy boozing and falling that Camilla did when she so called heard HM was passing Charles over for William. . . .
What about William proposing to Kate at Victoria's wedding in front of everyone??! I can see this story coming soon.