The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Isn´t there a saying, "A dog can be born in a stable but it doesn´t make him a horse".
The title Serene Highness is not royal and nothing in this world except marriage to a royal is going to change that, but I can see logic and reasoning will get me nowhere so be happy thinking the way you do, but people who really mix with royals or serenes certainly know the difference.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Okay I'm a little lost here. I thought they were all royals. Even with the Serene title.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Courtier

^^
IMO the problem is not because of the titles (at least for me) but how they are treated by the press and other royals. They are minor royals and how all the family has behaved has not helped their cause.

I think we are going to get deleted
Old 04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was of the belief as well that a Serene Highness was royalty, the same as a Royal Highness, the only difference being rank. I say that because I was reading a biography of Queen Alexandra (consort to Edward VII) and she was described as coming from a "minor royal house" and she was a Serene Highness, then a Highness and then a Royal Highness when her father was named heir to the Danish throne.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Courtier

So what do you think Sister M. are Harry and Williams friends with them or not?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
So what do you think Sister M. are Harry and Williams friends with them or not?

With whom, the Casiraghis? I don't believe they are, no. I don't know if they've ever even met them, much less know them well enough to say they're friends, as opposed to acquaintances.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I was of the belief as well that a Serene Highness was royalty, the same as a Royal Highness, the only difference being rank. I say that because I was reading a biography of Queen Alexandra (consort to Edward VII) and she was described as coming from a "minor royal house" and she was a Serene Highness, then a Highness and then a Royal Highness when her father was named heir to the Danish throne.
I have always thought they were royalty. If they weren't why are houses like Luxembourg and Monaco discussed in The ROYAL Forums?
I stand by what I say, that they are royals.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Courtier

^^
They are royals, who can deny that?. But I doubt that they are friends with H and W
Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Majesty

We must also remember that Frederick, Haakon, Victoria, Felipe, Willem-Alexander etc are Crown Princess/es and William isn't and mightn't be for another 15 or so years, by which time one or more of the above might actually be monarchs making those of equal status to William their children. Charles mixes with them more because he is the same status - the Crown Prince.

Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie and Prince Albert are all royal but the children of Caroline and Stephanie aren't royal. The same as Peter and Zara Philips aren't royal - my source for that comment is Princess Anne who said that her children weren't royal they just had the Queen as a grandmother.

HSH and HRH are both royal titles. Anyone in a royal family without that isn't royal - so the children of the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent and Prince Micheal and Princess Michael also aren't royal even though though their parents are.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 PM

It could also be the British royal family not being too close to other royal families. I've noticed that whenever there's a wedding or funeral or major function involving numerous royals, the Windsors either don't show up or send one of their lesser royals, like Edward and Sophie to the event. Even Queen Elizabeth II does not go to major weddings, while the other monarchs do. It's like the Windsors think they are better than the other royals. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I get that impression. After all, they are behind in the times unlike the others (ie, heirs marrying commoners, monarchs being hands on).

Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Commoner

The Prince will make many friends with the Royals of many other countries, as he attends many Royal events.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I've noticed that whenever there's a wedding or funeral or major function involving numerous royals, the Windsors either don't show up or send one of their lesser royals, like Edward and Sophie to the event. Even Queen Elizabeth II does not go to major weddings, while the other monarchs do.
I've noticed the same thing, but don't have a theory as to the reason. I don't think William and Harry have been much in the orbit of the continental royals. When Madeleine of Sweden moved to London in 2002, she was asked about William and said something like "He seems nice. I've never met him."

It's been reported in the news that Prince Harry has become a good friend of Prince Seeiso of Lesotho through their shared interest in assisting Africans in need, but Seeiso is almost old enough to be Harry's father.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Gentry

I think Charles did not attend to the royals Belgian & Norwegian weddings, at least I do not remember ...
Because the royal Danish wedding, Charles not to attend.
Edward & Sophie attend to royal Danish wedding.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Prince Charles attended Felipe and Letizia's wedding.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
The Casiraghi's are royalty
Could we put an end to this please.
The Casiraghis are not royalty in any sense of the word.
They may be considered as such on fan sites and in trash mags, but not in any medium that deals in facts.

thank you.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 04-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
I think Charles did not attend to the royals Belgian & Norwegian weddings, at least I do not remember ...
Because the royal Danish wedding, Charles not to attend.
Edward & Sophie attend to royal Danish wedding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I think Prince Charles attended Felipe and Letizia's wedding.
He attended the Spanish one (which was only a few days after the Danish one) and Wilhelm and Maxima in 2001 and the Belgian one in 1999.
Prince Edward and Sophie attended the Danish one, The Netherlands one and the Norwegian one.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

In another news
the boys have been invited to Princess Victoria we will only find out if they will attend in June.

Här är alla namnen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Courtier

^^
Thanks for the info! So they are invited, imo they should go at least P.W as he will be king. But as P. Charles is still the heir, I think that P. W won't go, as the normal thing is that Charles goes with Camilla. And I doubt that he wants Camilla's come out overshadowed with PW attendance.

And I am a woman!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Camilla's come out? You mean attending a royal wedding with Prince Charles I presume.
Seeing as William is out of the country on the date of the wedding (FIFA World Cup in South Africa) doubt he'll be attending.
As for Harry, i think he'll be with his brother.
IF Charles and Camilla attend, it will be wonderful for Camilla to mix with other royals, but it's not like she hasn't met them before.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Courtier

^^
Well, but not outside UK (I think?). So imo it could be called her come out. And even if it wasn't they would still overshadowed by PW so he would still not go.

And if as you say they have another appointments they will not go.

Tags
european royalty, prince william, relationships