The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2017, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its been discussed all over this thread, Yes.

The church of England changed its rules in 2002 allowing divorcees to remarry in the church. WA has been asked and confirmed the couple can marry there.

Charles was a whole other matter. He was marrying the woman who he was cheating with during his first marriage (grounds to have a priest refuse to marry them) and he is the future head of the church. The queen didn't attend his civil wedding, but she did attend his church blessing by the archbishop of Canterbury.

The future king, as well as two of his siblings are divorced, and he and Anne are remarried. No reason to believe the royal family would not accept her as a divorcee.
And the Queen did attend Ann's remarriage which was in a Scottish church I believe. She got remarried before the 92 rule came into affect. I think the Queen not attending Charles's civil ceremony was very specific to him and his situation. Based on her past actions she's obviously not opposed to attending the marriage of someone who's been divorced, or else she would have skipped Ann's. So basically, no it doesn't matter anymore. I'd say there is nothing stopping the Queen from attending a possible wedding between Meghan and Harry in a church.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think Prince Harry will use the 1902 State Landau in his wedding?

Old 11-17-2017, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

If it's in good shape and not in need of repair/restoration then I believe it could be used. However some of those decisions regarding transportation will be made only when the venue is chosen.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:48 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A lot too will depend on security concerns. Sometimes I think any royal riding in an open carriage is too much like a sitting duck. I would love to see them doing it though. Horses and carriages are so much more romantic than cars.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
riding in an open carriage is too much like a sitting duck.
Security concerns are VERY well taken care of, since open carriages are so often utilised by the BRF.
Open Landau's are very much the tradition [for the 'return leg' back from Church] so I'd expect one to be used, but as ever that would depend on the Wedding Day Weather !
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Every year the Queen and every Senior member of the Royal Family ride down the Mall in an open carriage or horseback and then stands on a open balcony. Security hasn’t stopped them from doing it. They are also surrounded by almost all of the Household Division of the British Army when doing it.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Since no BRF member co-operates and has a winter wedding (with snow and red roses and all) my next best wish is that the spring wedding has a day that rains cats'n'dogs. That will create the 'cozy' I'm looking for. Ha! (Evil)
Old 11-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Since no BRF member co-operates and has a winter wedding (with snow and red roses and all) my next best wish is that the spring wedding has a day that rains cats'n'dogs. That will create the 'cozy' I'm looking for. Ha! (Evil)
I'm hoping Eugenie has a winter wedding, I think she'd make a beautiful winter bride. But it's possible that H&M could wait to wed until next winter. I'm not familiar w/ London winter weather - but even w/ a winter wedding is there a guarantee that there will be snow?
Old 11-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

In fact, it's not that common for there to be snow in England each winter, certainly not for it to be snowing for weeks at a time. It sometimes snows around February, but no-one chooses that month to wed. Snow on city streets ends up as soggy discoloured slush anyway.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I'm hoping Eugenie has a winter wedding, I think she'd make a beautiful winter bride. But it's possible that H&M could wait to wed until next winter. I'm not familiar w/ London winter weather - but even w/ a winter wedding is there a guarantee that there will be snow?
True enough about there being no guarantee of snow, except perhaps if they married in Scotland (long shot). But a Christmas wedding might happen. It's in the timeline, it could happen, and likely more reasonable than a spring wedding. A Christmas wedding would be lovely.

LINK: When (Prince) Harry Met Meghan (Markle) - Sally Kirkman Astrologer
Old 11-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

30/40 years ago there would certainly have been Snow pretty much guaranteed in London [generally well after Christmas in late January and especially February/March]. These days we go entire Winters with none or mere flakes...
Old 11-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
In fact, it's not that common for there to be snow in England each winter, certainly not for it to be snowing for weeks at a time. It sometimes snows around February, but no-one chooses that month to wed. Snow on city streets ends up as soggy discoloured slush anyway.
Curryong, you mentioned no one had a Royal Wedding in February. On February 28, 1922 Queen Elizabeth II's aunt, Princess Mary married Henry, Viscount Lascelles.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt they will have a winter wedding. They will want it to to be photogenic and a draw fro the people. And in cold rainy weather, with maybe slushy snow and dark skies taht's not going to happen. Anyway It takes a few months to organise a royal wedding and I doubt they will announce engagement (IF they get engaged) until the new year
Old 11-19-2017, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think Prince Harry will use the 1902 State Landau in his wedding?
Depends on where the wedding will be and how big it will be i think. If it will be a big wedding in Westminster Abbey, like the wedding of his brother and Catherine, then It's possible. If they will have a "smaller" wedding in St George's chapel at Windsor Castle like uncle Edward and Sophie i don't think it will be used. Edward and Sophie did travel in a landau through the streets of Windsor to their reception but it was not the 1902 landau.

The Scottish State Coach would be a good option in case of bad weather as it would give a great view of the couple.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Curryong, you mentioned no one had a Royal Wedding in February. On February 28, 1922 Queen Elizabeth II's aunt, Princess Mary married Henry, Viscount Lascelles.
People don't voluntarily choose February to wed nowadays and didn't then. God knows why that month was chosen.

I didn't say there had never been a royal wedding in that month. In fact, according to reports of the time it was absolutely snowy and icy on that day. Any Royal event in those days brought out crowds to watch but nowadays, at least for first weddings members of the BRF choose months in late Spring and summer when there is at least some chance of tourists and populace coming out to view the show.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
People don't voluntarily choose February to wed nowadays and didn't then. God knows why that month was chosen.

I didn't say there had never been a royal wedding in that month. In fact, according to reports of the time it was absolutely snowy and icy. Any Royal event in those days brought out crowds to watch but nowadays, at least for first weddings members of the BRF choose months in late Spring and summer when there is at least some chance of tourists and populace coming out to view the show.
actually Curryong my parents married in February, because he was a farmer and it was a quiet time of year when he could get away fro a week or so.
Back in the 20s' The RF while it DID "play to the public" and wished to encourage the public to watch its events and rituals, didn't do so to the extent that it does now.
Now the RF is going to have its weddings in spring and summer, when there are tourists in London, and when the British population will turn out to see them.. and when the processions etc will look good on TV. so if H and Meghan do get engaged.. I think the announcement will be around January or Feb, and they will get married around May or June.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is about Harry's future wedding. It's not about when Harry will get engaged, Meghan's schedule, or Harry and Meghan's relationship. Let's stay on topic.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

If the Glass Coach is not used, then what coach or carriage or landau might be used to take Meghan to the church?
Old 11-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

They might follow the plan used with the Cambridges and the Wessex weddings and not use carriages on the way to the church. They might opt to transport everyone (Cambridge wedding) and Wessex (bridal party) to the venue via car. (The royals walked to St. George's chapel for Edward and Sophie's wedding.) The Cambridge wedding saw the coaches/landaus used on the return trip and the Wessexes went through Windsor in a landau after their wedding
Old 11-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Majesty

I think with the Cambridge wedding it made sense. We got a glimpse of Kate in the car but not a full view until she got out at the cathedral, which makes for more of an appearance. The carriage is about celebration, and IMO makes more sense after the wedding, for the crowds to cheer for the couple together.